Thread: thinking bout getting this boat any suggestions for first couple of mods

Default thinking bout getting this boat any suggestions for first couple of mods

Hi all i have always liked the look of this boat and would like a mono to race with to go with my cat.

The first mods i was thinking is a good prop maybe a grim 40x55 and i have a spare T-180 esc which i will use that way i wont have to worry about a LVC.

And a ul1 rudder blade so i can have a pick up for both the motor and esc.

I was thinking of getting one of those transom doublers from kintec has any one used one if so is it worthwhile and maybe some other goodies from kintec.

Any other ideas/opinions would be great.

Opinion; time your runs vs relying on the LVC...your LiPos will thank you.

You better check the racing rules for the club you may not be able to mod it.
    It might be a spec class
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham

thanks doby yes i always do just to be on the safe side and to jim there is no spec class rules in australia according to the rule book its just the standard EA,EB,EC classes so i can pretty much run wat i want tho i may just change the esc to the ul1/motley 60 amper and run it spec the club im joining has only just started so it may be a good time to encourage others to buy spec boats and form the class.

I'm about to put the U1 esc in my supervee 27 which I'm face lifting towards 27R spec, it's a hard to beat a good esc with LV stutter, etc.
    Proboat Mystic, Proboat Impulse 31, Aquacraft Supervee 27, Aquacraft Atlantic tug

Hello from Australia.

hi veejo sorry bout the late reply life has just been a bit full on at the moment but i have since purchased an apparition with a T-180 and leopard 4074 2000kv on 4s but still might end up getting this boat and just changing the esc and prop as i would like a second fibreglass boat to race as my other 2 monos are ABS.

I was thinking a mono because they seem to handle more chop than my cat coz it can be really finicky sometimes and it can get pretty windy at my local lake.

Not only that these can be had pretty cheap if you can find one second hand even if it was just the original sv27.

Should get my tax back in about 3 weeks hopefully im lucky enough to pick one up before it gets snapped up on here.