Thread: Supervee 27r problems - Prop shaft bushing

Question Supervee 27r problems - Prop shaft bushing

Hi

I was wondering how often I should change the "Prop Shaft Strut Bushing" in the boat.
    Mine was already worn out after only 25 runs or so - is this normally?

And then I have a problem with the new "Prop Shaft Strut Bushing" that i anstalled; when i run the boat, the "Prop Shaft Strut Bushing" keeps spinning. When I installed it, I just took out the old one and put in a new one. Should I apply some glue, when iinstall it?

I'm pretty sure the bushings in the sv 27 are free floating (like almost all these days)
    how often do you grease the bushing?

Okay, i'm pretty new in this hobby and I was just a bit worried

I grease the flex-cable and bushing after every fourth run, isn't that enough?

How often should I grease the flex-cable?

racers do it every run, I grease it every other run or so.
    if you store it for a long time i have heard you should take it out so it doesn't rust.

Okay, thx

Bushing wear really depends on how dirty the water where you run is, dirt and grease act as a great grinding compound. Our water is pretty clear, I replace the bushings about once a season, as soon as I notice a bit of wobble. I've been making my own for quite a while out of plain brass tubing with a flair on one end. Only costs a few cents that way.
    How often you grease really depends on what you use, the lighter the lube the less drag there is on the driveline but the more often you have to apply it.
    A lot of people use Grim Racer grease, it works good but I refuse to pay that much money for grease, A 500g tub of water resistant grease will last forever and cost less.
    I use CV joint lube mixed with a little 90w marine gear oil, I usually re grease the shaft once during the day if I'm only running the one boat, if I'm running a couple of boats the lube lasts for the day.
    If my boats upside down then who owns the one I thought I was driving the last two laps?

Thx that helped me a lot