Thread: IB3600 continue to impress me

Default IB3600 continue to impress me

I took 20 cells and cycled them, charged them up 70% and let them set for 2 weeks. All 20 were 1.32 this morning.

Nothing but positive feedback from people testing as well. :)

Any comments out there?

thanks,
    Steve

Just to add, My 3600 packs were sitting a week. I thought I better top them off. They only took around 500mah of charge. I thought that was really good.

Yes, they don't seem to have any voltage retention problems like other NIMH cells do. 500mah is really nothing, a fully charged pack is going to take that in after only one day of rest.

I charged my 12 cell 3600 packs sunday night after a run. Each still reads 16.1 volts, a little over 1.34 for each cell! I couldn't ask for better. Great cells!

Mine are treated like gold. Topped of every 3 days. I try to never over heat them..havent to this point. Last week I added padding to my battery holders so they wont even get scratched up...lol. I predict a long servise life from them. As long as they are stocked..I'll keep buying them right along with lipos.

Ive been all out abusing my 12, in fact 10 of them came from a single end to end pack that I broke apart do to cog problems (looked good on paper). they have been bouncing around in my tool box since april, made them into 2-6 cell packs last weekend,and ran them in lsh, 3 heats and most of a final lol, as soon as the boat came in, it was on the charger at 4 amps until it peaked, as far as temps, didnt look, didnt care, I have better things to do than babysit batterys and stare at charger displays, So far these are living up to the claims.

Cool

So far the HOTMBC club members really like their new IB3600s. My first pack really woke up my P Sport Hydro compared to the old GP3700s I was using. The higher voltage of the IB3600s allows me to run a smaller prop for the same speed, lowering amp draw without hurting performance. Everything runs cooler... :)

I relly have to agree with the cool running. The temps in my BlackJack have been very low on 14 & 16 cells. Thats from a 40 to 45mm prop. My next step was a 48 and then on to higher pitch metal props. It will handle much much more.

That's good news......thanks for the feedback

I broke out my almost 20 year old Traxxas race buggy today. I ran two packs, first a Tenergy 4500 pack, I was impressed. Then I slipped in a IB3600 matched Battlepack. Whoooooe.... if I ever had these packs back in the day....!

Well, the Tenergy 4500's were barely 3200mah, are those the ones your talking about?

Ya those. This is what I mean I was impressed with how the 4500's ran in the buggy but when I slipped in your IB3600 packs. The buggy becomesa absolute rocket ship. It has so much power/punch with these matched packs I can believe it.

You know I an charging up a LiPo as we speak.. heheh

wont be tryin the LiPo in the Buggy today. Was charging the LiPo so I figured why not run her again with another matched 3600 battlepack since they were charged anyway.... well I burt up the new stinger motor I put in about a month ago. I been meaning to get a new heat sink but never did and with the long run time of these new packs I am sure I overheated it and cooked it. Well at least its only a 20 dollar motor. ugggg the ut oh smell ! hahaha

I ran IB3600's and charged them from new.
    over a 3 day long period they still held Full charge.
    and they last a while too. I just got 54,4200's a bit ago and it is preforming just as well. all were matched.
    they are good cells.
    EYEKANDYGRAPHICS

www.rclipos.com

Default I'll take that bet

I'll bet you right now that some of your IB4200's are going to die soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyekandyboats View Post
    I ran IB3600's and charged them from new.
    over a 3 day long period they still held Full charge.
    and they last a while too. I just got 54,4200's a bit ago and it is preforming just as well. all were matched.
    they are good cells.

could be possible.
    but i know when the guy was matching them that he had over 100 dead cells.
    he discarded the whole batch of cells and requested a new batch be made from china.
    but we will see. hopefully not.
    EYEKANDYGRAPHICS

www.rclipos.com

Matching does not weed out all the bad cells and does nothing for the voltage retention problems.

I had 12 left in sxs packs. Just gave to the Dooz man. If hes lucky he will salvage between 7 or 9 of them.