Thread: Hyperion Super Duo 3?

Default Hyperion Super Duo 3?

I have a problem with my charger. I was charging two 6s 5000 at 1c and around the 90% mark both channels read connection error. I have had these problems before that a little jiggle on the balance board and it would be okay, but when I tried to stop it, both screens went blank (still backlit) and started beeping. Even unpowered and repowered with no luck, blank screen and beeping. When I connect it to the computer it says that port two have a reverse polarity error. Even by pressing Stop on the computer and can't get it to stop. I don't know why it went into reverse polarity as it wasn't and the battery is fine.

Does Hyperion have any warranty? I tried emailing allerc as thats where I got it. Anybody had this happen or any clue on how to reset it if its possible? I'm guessing its dead
    Last edited by BakedMopar; 12-04-2011 at 01:23 AM.
    If all of your wishes are granted, many of your dreams will be destroyed!

Mahalo Brudder , Howzit ? I had a prob with an older Hyperion. I found Nippon Dave on IW - He's the Hyperion guy. Seek him out; he may be able to give you the help you're after
    Last edited by properchopper; 12-04-2011 at 02:24 AM.
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

I'm doing good Tony. I don't have an account to IW. I signed up but never got accepted so I have no privalleges. Bummer this is the third charger I've had problems with. Maybe time to switch brands

Quote Originally Posted by BakedMopar View Post
    I'm doing good Tony. I don't have an account to IW. I signed up but never got accepted so I have no privalleges. Bummer this is the third charger I've had problems with. Maybe time to switch brands
    Did a little searching ; it was Nippon Dave E-mail him at : www.aircraft-world.com He's a good guy, helped me out with my charger ; hopefully he can do the same for you
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Okay I got a hold of allerc and they issued me a RMA. The charger is on its way back and will be covered under warranty. Thanks!