Thread: Etti 150 or Swordfish 200?

Default Etti 150 or Swordfish 200?

Hi,
    Most of my other boats use the CChydra 240ESCs--

For a 1/10 shovelnose hydro on 4S, I'm looking for a new ESC-- considering either an Etti 150A or a Swordfish 200. I don't have experience with either one-- any feedback on them for this application?

Thanks,
    Chief

I like the swordy 200s, great price also. They aren't fans of the littlest bit of water however.

Ever run the seakings 180s? They are AWESOME also! Bigger then the swordy200 though.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet
    "It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves"

Programming sucks big time with the ETTI. I agree with Diesel, go Seaking 180, or Swordy. For me, it's the Seaking hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by BHChieftain View Post
    Hi,
    Most of my other boats use the CChydra 240ESCs--

For a 1/10 shovelnose hydro on 4S, I'm looking for a new ESC-- considering either an Etti 150A or a Swordfish 200. I don't have experience with either one-- any feedback on them for this application?

Thanks,
    Chief
    Looks like I'll be the one guy speaking about the Etti 150's. Very good speedo, yeah, programing with a Tx sux but the sounds thru the motor are clear and crisp. Learn the instructions. They are under rated so you will get more amps than the rating. Only problem with them from my experience is the throttle linearity. I got 4 or 5 of them in boats and if you dont mind the fast run up from standstill they suffice. They are however very forgiving. And you can find them often used cheap. My last 2 off OSE were under $80 shipped.

John
    Change is the one Constant

i agree ettis are better than castle in my opinion and the programming is no harder than a suppo esc(easy counting beeps) the swofdfish i have was almost impossible to progran via the tx, also agree that the t180 are the best when space allows

Quote Originally Posted by Alexgar View Post
    i agree ettis are better than castle in my opinion and the programming is no harder than a suppo esc(easy counting beeps) the swofdfish i have was almost impossible to progran via the tx, also agree that the t180 are the best when space allows
    Ima go ahead and say it, I'm sure ill take some flack but I think seakings are better then cc hydras.... just my 2 pennies!

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

I love my Ettis. Programming I dont feel is bad. No its not a simple plug n the box and go, but its not hard. And, I found if you tap the throttle to WOT once or twince before launching, they take off just as smooth and easy as a seaking.
    Diesel talked me into trying out the SF200s. I have two of them to go into a twin when its ready, but obviously, have not had the opportunity to try them out yet. also, Diesel has a great waterproofing video on youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by m4a1usr View Post
    Looks like I'll be the one guy speaking about the Etti 150's. Very good speedo, yeah, programing with a Tx sux but the sounds thru the motor are clear and crisp. Learn the instructions. They are under rated so you will get more amps than the rating. Only problem with them from my experience is the throttle linearity. I got 4 or 5 of them in boats and if you dont mind the fast run up from standstill they suffice. They are however very forgiving. And you can find them often used cheap. My last 2 off OSE were under $80 shipped.

John
    Programming with the TX isn't an issue for me-- I do that already with the CCHydras... I'm more interested in reliability.
    Fast run up probably ok-- as it'll be in a hydro.

I'd also consider the Seaking 180 but OSE's out of stock... anybody know if it'll fit in a 1/10 shovelnose hull?

Thanks,
    Chief

Tisk tisk diesel don't offend the loyalist that swear by esc that burn up on there first time out or get recalled

Again, with out having first hand experience, Ive heard that the SF controllers arent as smooth as the Seakings. And as I stated above regarding the etti 150, if you dont hit full throttle real quick before launching, that first pull of the trigger can be wild. But, once done, the etti really is a smooth controller.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexgar View Post
    Tisk tisk diesel don't offend the loyalist that swear by esc that burn up on there first time out or get recalled
    Awesome! I refuse to own one for that reason. thats the most burnt esc I see at the club.

Quote Originally Posted by tiqueman View Post
    Again, with out having first hand experience, Ive heard that the SF controllers arent as smooth as the Seakings. And as I stated above regarding the etti 150, if you dont hit full throttle real quick before launching, that first pull of the trigger can be wild. But, once done, the etti really is a smooth controller.
    the hobbywings are truly some of the smoothest esc's I have run and those goes for cars, planes and boats. Any plane I build typically gets a hobbywing esc. I wont/don't trust cc esc's in the air, but they're awesome on land.

* so in short I run both the seakings and the swordfishes and the seakings are much smoother and much more responsive then the swordfishes, but the sf is not as sloppy as a PB esc. Jmho.

Quote Originally Posted by tiqueman View Post
    Awesome! I refuse to own one for that reason. thats the most burnt esc I see at the club.
    Add me to the list, not burned though (thank god), just failure on 2nd run.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

the one thing i have against sf is the delayed throttle down after coming off full throttle can be a disaster if not warned and coming off a full speed run but i heard this has been fixed, etti kicked butt on a cc1515 5s2p in my apparition as for t180s what can i say 4s 5s 6s havent killed one in 2.5 years and at 77$ new killer now. That being said i wish i could speak as highly for turnigy batteries

My vote also goes to the etti esc's i have had eight different boats running etti esc's and never had a problem with any, all have been 100%
    i find them easy to programe
    FC Cheetah TP4092 1600KV Dinogy 6s2p,Etti Envoy WE 3s, Rico Mono 31" T600 1400kv Dinogy 5100mAh 65c 6s1p
    Popeye Hydro T600 1400kv 6s1p

Thanks everybody for the feedback.
    I'll give the etti a try.

Chief

This might help for anyone with an etti, that has not seen it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMGQ5adSIV8
    FC Cheetah TP4092 1600KV Dinogy 6s2p,Etti Envoy WE 3s, Rico Mono 31" T600 1400kv Dinogy 5100mAh 65c 6s1p
    Popeye Hydro T600 1400kv 6s1p

Actually, I see Steve now has the Seaking 180 in stock. Does anyone know if this will fit in a 1/10 shovelnose hydro hull?

Chief