Thread: first build small rigger

Default first build small rigger

I'm new to boats but have alot of other rc experience which does not include balsa type scratch building.I would like to build a smaller rigger to use a 2 cell 4000 mah lipo and a brushless motor. What would be a good first boat build and what motor and speed control could I use? I was hoping to use a aircraft type esc and motor for cost reasons if possible but I also hate doing things twice so if it's a possible waste of money than I'll save up to do it right. Just so you know I have alot of other fab experience in real cars and boats as well as rc ones and have a full shop in garage with all tools needed for build unless very unique to rc boat building in that case I will need to know what and where I need to purchase.Thanx for your help and I must say that this site and forums have given me the rc boat bug in a big way. List of boats 1 sv 27, 2 kyosho twinstorm, 3 mini vee and homemade pvc recovery boat. Thanx for your input!!!

If you want to scratch build, try looking at the plans here http://www.modelpowerboat.com/ you have to join but is easy. I am building the wild thing and it is going together great. You will need to download the DWG viewer from the site and seperate into seperate files and run through this.Good luck