Thread: Which prop now?

Default Which prop now?

Right, at the moment I am running an Aquacraft 2030kv, Turnigy 180amp esc, a prather 220 prop, on 4s lipo's, I want to try a three blade prop but don't know what to try, any advice? my current set up runs very cool, no exact temps but the motor etc is barely warm to the touch after a 5 min run, looking for more speed but have also read a three blade prop will improve the turning, is that true? the turning at the moment is a bit hit and miss, have tried loads of different setups with the outboard heights etc, and have found a balance but feel the turning could be better.

any help would be great

Thanks Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    Right, at the moment I am running an Aquacraft 2030kv, Turnigy 180amp esc, a prather 220 prop, on 4s lipo's, I want to try a three blade prop but don't know what to try, any advice? my current set up runs very cool, no exact temps but the motor etc is barely warm to the touch after a 5 min run, looking for more speed but have also read a three blade prop will improve the turning, is that true? the turning at the moment is a bit hit and miss, have tried loads of different setups with the outboard heights etc, and have found a balance but feel the turning could be better.

any help would be great

Thanks Tom
    Try an Octura 440/3...
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Thanks Darin
    Tom