Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 100mph Traxxas XO-1 car!

This is what I am just starting to build. I've got all the parts and an Ipanema body. It's about the same cost for me in parts at least but, I can always pull the motor out and drop it in a boat too.

New!!! Option 5
    Totally revised with no gears to mess with, no servos for throttle/brake needed now. 47% of the moving parts and wasted weight ARE GONE! leaving you with a pure power option that doesn't strip out gears. Here are the facts: this combination runs 35mph per S-lipo used which equals 2S equals 70mph on this car! 3S equals 105mph! If you do your homework I have given you the platform that will absolutely run 150mph. I did not overload this kit with unnecessary pieces that you do not need. I know that many of you will be extremely happy to find this car on a 2S, 2P setup will run 70mph for 25 minutes and absolutely not overheat on a hot summer day. Many of you will see this is the first of its kind in its design and simplicity, however, we are using potentially a 4hp electric motor in this application so it is not necessary for those of you who will email or call to run 6S. This system is totally designed to run on a 2S, 2P system and offer extreme performance. Look for other models of this caliber to follow! Remember it was just 5 years ago when Fine Design offered the worlds very first converted nitro & gas vehicles to electric power as pointed out by R/C Car Action in some of the first brushless conversions we manufactured, which are still popular today. 3 available body styles you choose. The Option 5 system is also available in kit form for those of you who already have a GTII. Kit includes motor, drive shafts, u-cups, motor mounts and battery trays. ESC we have use in the Option 5 rtr car is the Castle Creations Monster Max which is more than ample to do the job (available separately)
    Nortavlag Bulc

Hey Ray, what motor can get those speeds on 2 and 3s?
    Thanks
    I'm looking to build a 100mph car my self... :)
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

It's a double ended Neu 1527 2500Kv. .5Y or something I forget. Steve Neu will make one for you but they are $$$. Then you need cups & dog bones to fit, driving both gearboxes. There is a picture on the first page from Fines sight.

I'm going to cut the shafts tonight. They came 1.5" long and need only 1/2" on each end. I bought the motor, cups, D/Dogs & motor mounts from Chris Fine. Just looking for a ziplock baggy...
    Nortavlag Bulc

Quote Originally Posted by ray schrauwen View Post
    It's a double ended Neu 1527 2500Kv. .5Y or something I forget. Steve Neu will make one for you but they are $$$. Then you need cups & dog bones to fit, driving both gearboxes. There is a picture on the first page from Fines sight.

I'm going to cut the shafts tonight. They came 1.5" long and need only 1/2" on each end. I bought the motor, cups, D/Dogs & motor mounts from Chris Fine. Just looking for a ziplock baggy...
    do you have any pictures of your progress Ray?
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

- Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet
    "It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves"

wow quit a few crashes all ready.....jhs has one on the back shelf......i dont even want to touch it lol
    MY RETIREMENT PLAN?????.....POWERBALL
    74 vintage kirby clasic hydro, pursuit mono, mg, 47'' mono, popeye hydro...

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel6401 View Post
    and that's not even full speed..

I'm waiting for the first broken ankle. Until then I've seen enough. Well unless someone wants to jump it.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Is insurance required to drive one of those? Driving it up and down the street with cars and people is just stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by roadrashracing View Post
    Is insurance required to drive one of those? Driving it up and down the street with cars and people is just stupid.
    It should be!
    Even parking lots are big enough. I guess the high speed front wing is really necessary. This one got airborne.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9S3CY...eature=related

Wiley Cyote, Suuuper Genius!

I don't blame the car considering the speed and the way parking lots are paved all wavvy like etc... But, what about those super ground effects, bahahaha.

You have to live near a race track to get those crazy speeds and keep it planted or a really well paved flat stretch.
    Nortavlag Bulc

I'm getting ready to go drop $990.00 on one of these. Done a whole lot of reading. Anyone on the forum ever driven one? Sure would be nice to test drive prior to driving.

I was shocked my LHS had one. In my mind I thought it would be a little bigger (didn't help it was parked next to a Losi 5T which I am sure that made it seem smaller then it actually was. It was very impressive, (not sure about $1k impressive though).

Is there away to bypass using the Stock i-pod/i-phone control setup, but still reach the full speed? I don't plan on getting one, but if I did I would much perfer using my dx3s with telemetry... JMHO

If you do get it, have fun and be safe. Post some pics and a vid.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet
    "It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves"

Find a local go-cart track to test it out.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Just got the guy down to $825 so I jumped on it. I'm fortunate that I have a large clean lake in my back yard (big enough to get my boat up to 70 with lots of room to spare) and a very flat mall parking lot (without tire stops) 1/4 mile away. Not gonna shoot for the 100 right away. Should get it by end of next week.

Quote Originally Posted by worriedsick4u View Post
    Just got the guy down to $825 so I jumped on it. I'm fortunate that I have a large clean lake in my back yard (big enough to get my boat up to 70 with lots of room to spare) and a very flat mall parking lot (without tire stops) 1/4 mile away. Not gonna shoot for the 100 right away. Should get it by end of next week.
    Oh boy,need a room mate.Hehe,lol.I couldn't leave home if I had a lake in my backyard.As a matter of fact I've started to keep my eyes open for a place closer to my lake.

One of the local guys picked up a XO-1 and blew it over the other night.

How much damage? A guy at the local hobby said his crash at 80mph ran him almost $150 to repair.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234