Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 100mph Traxxas XO-1 car!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepers View Post
    wow that's cool!!

I think the telemetry is oddly placed... I won't be looking at my the bottom of my transmitter driving a 100mph car.
    yeah I bet there be many who will be doing this very thing...
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Quote Originally Posted by dana View Post
    That's kinda stupid. I've read enough of your threads to know of you having problems with everything you touch, so why be prejudice?
    What the he*l are you talking about???

Quote Originally Posted by Rumdog View Post
    That's called being a hobbyist.
    24 R/C vehicles and still counting...What budget?

Quote Originally Posted by roadrashracing View Post
    What the he*l are you talking about???
    Really? I have to explain this? Anyways.... If you have no intention of buying from traxxas why bother posting?
    Last edited by dana; 12-06-2011 at 03:31 PM.

Lets get it back on track please.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Quote Originally Posted by dana View Post
    Really? I have to explain this? Anyways.... If you have no intention of buying from traxxas why bother posting?
    everyone, buyers and non buyers have a right to post on this thread..

I hate what happened to a lot of customers who had the spartan including myself, and at the same time, I might to a roller build of this car...

but to get on a member for posting a comment because of a bad experience he had, and not staying on the OP yourself, to me is what needs explaining...
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

...so how about that iphone app? Now my son wants an ipod touch for Christmas because he thinks he might own this car some day!

[QUOTE=Brushless55;375700]everyone, buyers and non buyers have a right to post on this thread..

I hate what happened to a lot of customers who had the spartan including myself, and at the same time, I might to a roller build of this car...

but to get on a member for posting a comment because of a bad experience he had, and not staying on the OP yourself, to me is what needs explaining...[/QUO
    i know! oh well w/e

Even tho I have nowhere to run it at 100 it's still cool to know it will. Kinda like a Lamborghini or similar. When the heck would you ever go that fast? Prolly never but it's cool as heck to know you can

What is really, really odd, is that I was planning to do nearly the identicle paint sceme on mine right down to the carbon fiber effect on the black areas. Whoa.. thats weird. At least mine is a a different body.

He acheived 143km it seems with a fairly stock body with the addition of an aggressive wing, stock or aftermarket.

Looks like GRP foamies on there.

I received my cheapy chinese 1/8th scale wheel set today and I'm fairly impressed. I have to see how balanced they are.

Not bad for under $20 for all 4 wheels if you can handle a 40 day delivery wait Thats $18.98 delivered!

I figure at that price I can tear them up Ken Block style.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Quote Originally Posted by ray schrauwen View Post
    What is really, really odd, is that I was planning to do nearly the identicle paint sceme on mine right down to the carbon fiber effect on the black areas. Whoa.. thats weird. At least mine is a a different body.

He acheived 143km it seems with a fairly stock body with the addition of an aggressive wing, stock or aftermarket.

Looks like GRP foamies on there.

I received my cheapy chinese 1/8th scale wheel set today and I'm fairly impressed. I have to see how balanced they are.

Not bad for under $20 for all 4 wheels if you can handle a 40 day delivery wait Thats $18.98 delivered!

I figure at that price I can tear them up Ken Block style.
    can't wait to see how your car runs when you build that monster!!

I would like to see if the 100 mph is locked in the rx or the esc, if you swap out the esc will you get the 100 mph, I would assume you can program the car with a castle link.

I would like to see if the 100 mph is locked in the rx or the esc, if you swap out the esc will you get the 100 mph, I would assume you can program the car with a castle link.
    I'm thinking ESC but like you said, what would stop people from using the castle link to reprogam it. I must be somehow tied in with the app. Other than a race track or airport not many places you could hit 100mph. Even at 50mph that car looks like a blast to drive.

Ray, Can wait to see you car. I take a ride over the boarder to see that when you have it done.

Tom

my bet is in the radio its self, tied to the esc
    change the radio and esc, and presto!

NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=

So you need to go buy an Apple product to make your Traxxas product perform as advertised?
    Anybody else think thats just wrong?
    What's next? Your Spartan won't arm if it was driven to the pond in anything but a Kia with the factory option Traxxas package?
    If my boats upside down then who owns the one I thought I was driving the last two laps?

I guess these are out in some places, on another forum some posted pictures and comments. It looks fun but I can think of 1000 ways I can spend $1000 on just my thought

When my electric GT2 conv is done. I want to race one of these.
    Nortavlag Bulc

I am sure eventually we will be seing some of these video's also of the X0-1..................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1cJD...eature=related
    Necessity is the mother of invention.............

Youtube Video's http://www.youtube.com/user/Titanis2000

!! Nice !!
    Steven Vaccaro

Not much left of that one.

Do you think he was trying to go in between the camera stands? If not he made a terrible mistake. the far side of the camera stands must be about 50 feet plus wide. But it does make for a nice video!
    Steven Vaccaro

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher 67 View Post
    I am sure eventually we will be seing some of these video's also of the X0-1..................

the sound on that is crazy!
    Hobby shops are going to love the new traxxas car.. parts-parts-parts!

you would have to have alot more money then i have to buy a 100 mph car
    MY RETIREMENT PLAN?????.....POWERBALL
    74 vintage kirby clasic hydro, pursuit mono, mg, 47'' mono, popeye hydro...

I wonder how many people are going to try more then 6s in these

Those motors can take 8s

Doing it like Chris Fine's you only need 3S to get to 100mph. With center gearbox removed there are less losses.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher 67 View Post

Yes but an XO-1 will make a bigger bang than a 1/10th scale car.
    Nortavlag Bulc

In regards to needing the ipod / iphone and mods to get to full speed, and loced esc, etc
    You might think it's wrong, but if I I had to have a 100mph projective as RTR in my neighbour hood / street, at least if you need some effort to get the full speed, you have time to think of the consequnces when it hits something broken car and shrapnel ..... does it come with safety glasses ??????
    Proboat Mystic, Proboat Impulse 31, Aquacraft Supervee 27, Aquacraft Atlantic tug

Hello from Australia.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast