Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 100mph Traxxas XO-1 car!

Lightbulb 100mph Traxxas XO-1 car!

Traxxas just anounced there new come and get it, 100+mph road car
    http://traxxas.com/products/models/electric/6407xo1
    it needs an I-phone app to make it 100mph. but I thought I would post this and see what some think?
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

it's got a new CC1717 1650 kv motor running 6s
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

I like the phone app!! I immediately thought about buying one, until i read the $1100 price tag!!!!! No way!!
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

By the way where did you find the motor specs?
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Traxxas Lifetime Electronics Warranty.
    Only problem that I see with this Car is renting a speedway to run it on.

Yeah.
    It's very cool, but I don't even know where I'd run it. A high school track would be cool. ( an asphalt one) You could stand on the bleechers for a good view.

Want

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Vaccaro View Post
    By the way where did you find the motor specs?
    though some searching on there site, that I'm having a issue getting to now...

The Kyosho Inferno I'm building with a Chris Fines 1527 motor I just got will eat that for breakfast!
    Just ordered some Sweep Wheels and already got my IPANEMA body for it.

Looking to do 150-200 mph on the right track...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Nortavlag Bulc

Quote Originally Posted by ray schrauwen View Post
    The Kyosho Inferno I'm building with a Chris Fines 1527 motor I just got will eat that for breakfast!
    Just ordered some Sweep Wheels and already got my IPANEMA body for it.

Looking to do 150-200 mph on the right track...
    How fast!!
    post some pictures man...
    I'm thinking of puting my CC1512 2650kv motor in this on 4s and maybe 5s
    http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-On-Road-Sedan

Thats a very nice car and I would have got one of those if I had seen it before my roller I bought.

Oh, well, knee deep iinto it now. I might try a Hobby King esc in it. They have a nice 1/8 scale car esc for $65.

Picture above is from Fines site. I just got the motor today with cups, mounts, & Dog bones. Tires are on the way...
    Nortavlag Bulc

Well, if you didn't have that Castle motor. Turnigy Trackstar 4068 6 pole motor looks awesome for $50 !! I have a pair to go in a twin cat.
    Nortavlag Bulc

I know you have the link to that esc..

I saw the announcement last night. I give Traxxas a lot of credit for putting this car out in the market and not just a prototype. Found a really good interview with the designer on rccaraction:
    http://www.rccaraction.com/blog/2011...raxxas-xo-1-2/
    They really did a great job designing it. Radial tires, cooling duct for the motor, and the Traxxas Link with iOS is so cool. My biggest issue is where the heck you going to run it? Personally, I don't think the $1,099.00 price is that crazy for all the technology this car has. I won't be buying one but if someone gave it to me as a gift I wouldn't be upset
    0-60 in 2.3 seconds. 0-100 in 4.92 seconds, that's insane!
    Found all the specs including the motor on the amainhobbies web site including the motor:
    Motor (electric): Traxxas Big Block Brushless (1650 Kv), Powered by Castle

I know from testing experience that at around 700' it gets hard to discern which direction a ground object is going.. At 100MPH, one wrong "Zig" and is 1100 worth of scrap.. and at 100pmh its only going to take a few seconds to get there..

You have spent 1100 for a few seconds of fun..

Looks nice.. great design.. but we know they did it just to day they could.. it did not need to make sence.

Grim

Quote Originally Posted by tomstoys2 View Post
    I saw the announcement last night. I give Traxxas a lot of credit for putting this car out in the market and not just a prototype. Found a really good interview with the designer on rccaraction:
    http://www.rccaraction.com/blog/2011...raxxas-xo-1-2/
    They really did a great job designing it. Radial tires, cooling duct for the motor, and the Traxxas Link with iOS is so cool. My biggest issue is where the heck you going to run it? Personally, I don't think the $1,099.00 price is that crazy for all the technology this car has. I won't be buying one but if someone gave it to me as a gift I wouldn't be upset
    0-60 in 2.3 seconds. 0-100 in 4.92 seconds, that's insane!
    Found all the specs including the motor on the amainhobbies web site including the motor:
    Motor (electric): Traxxas Big Block Brushless (1650 Kv), Powered by Castle
    the motor is a CC1717
    and as for technology, you need an I-phone, and the app for it to work
    and that comes from apple not traxxas
    and this car is not out to market, this is how traxxas does things..
    to me its all about marketing and not for the consumers, if so they would have made it 8th scale and something you could actually race..
    they try to create buzz and hope that those who are star struck will run out a buy this thing

@ 2:50 "at 100mph when things go wrong it's pretty catastrophic"

As the above poster has mentioned thats $1100 down the drain really fast.

It is an excellent designed chassis, too bad it's plastic, CF would keep it together more in HS crashes.

Thats said, It costs a whole lot less to do it with an OFNA car as above. $200 for the chassis and all you need is motor esc & batt's no stupid I-phone & app.
    I barely use a cel phone to begin with...
    Nortavlag Bulc

Nobody say you have to drive it 100 mph. And I don't think cf will do any better in a high speed crash. Yours may be faster Ray, but how do you know it will handle the speed as well as the Traxxas?

IMO the coolest part IS the iPhone app.

Why isn't anyone questioning the speed claims and the "ready to race" statements? Seems people had a field day with those claims on their boats, but not on their cars??

Quote Originally Posted by Rumdog View Post
    Nobody say you have to drive it 100 mph. And I don't think cf will do any better in a high speed crash. Yours may be faster Ray, but how do you know it will handle the speed as well as the Traxxas?
    I don't think Ray will have to worry about that...his controllers usually blow after a a few seconds

I wonder how long until they integrate a GPS in the receiver as well. That would be a pretty cool set up to see instant speed and temps

I agree. Just the fact that someone has taken the latest smartphone craze and integrated it into the transmitter is cool. I also agree with Brushless55 that it's a marketing ploy, but the way I see it anything that brings attention to the RC hobby is a good thing, even if very few people can afford it or will buy it. Look at the auto maker that create a prototype car for the car shows with no intention of putting it into production, they do it to show the world what can be done with the latest and greatest technology. Maybe one or two of those ideas make it into a production car.
    Something as simple as the quick connect battery hold downs would be such a nice thing to have. How much you wanna bet we start to see those from other mfg in the near future? I'll bet Spektrum is taking a close look at that Traxxas link. They have had telemetry for years but it doesn't have a cool colored display with car-like gauges and the ability to playback everything.

Quote Originally Posted by sk8onwater View Post
    I wonder how long until they integrate a GPS in the receiver as well. That would be a pretty cool set up to see instant speed and temps
    It does...as long as you have an Iphone or Ipod.
    NEW Integrated Speed, RPM, temperature, and voltage Telemetry System*

Sorry. Blurred right over the speed part. I was excited to see the temp. Spektrum needs to make this for my heli

Quote Originally Posted by Doby View Post
    I don't think Ray will have to worry about that...his controllers usually blow after a a few seconds
    Unlike you, blowing all the time

I have no idea how it will handle at those speeds.

I'll be praying my Sweep tires hold onto whatever track it's on, most likely Flamborough or Cayuga's oval track off time for giggles. I'll see if I can beat the traxxas claims. I consider it a challenge

That said, I really like the Traxxas car, just not what they want for it. Maybe I can create my on lower chassis aerodynamic add on as they have done. Not that hard to do but, I have no wind tunnel to test it.
    Nortavlag Bulc

i like the demensions of the car its not small and has a killer body

I'm just not into that many mind distracting technologies, I'm old school. RC boats, cars & motorcycles are enough distractions for me.

What really peaves me off is the new great hobbies store in Mississauga only uses those STUPID patterns your phone needs to scan to see the price on anything. Like big bro didn't know enough about you already that they need to know what you are 'interested" in buying.

o.k. back to Traxxas, done my daily rant...
    Nortavlag Bulc

Quote Originally Posted by tomstoys2 View Post
    I agree. Just the fact that someone has taken the latest smartphone craze and integrated it into the transmitter is cool. I also agree with Brushless55 that it's a marketing ploy, but the way I see it anything that brings attention to the RC hobby is a good thing, even if very few people can afford it or will buy it. Look at the auto maker that create a prototype car for the car shows with no intention of putting it into production, they do it to show the world what can be done with the latest and greatest technology. Maybe one or two of those ideas make it into a production car.
    Something as simple as the quick connect battery hold downs would be such a nice thing to have. How much you wanna bet we start to see those from other mfg in the near future? I'll bet Spektrum is taking a close look at that Traxxas link. They have had telemetry for years but it doesn't have a cool colored display with car-like gauges and the ability to playback everything.
    bro take a look around, Spektrum has this for a while now..
    they just don't market like traxxas
    and I'll take a bet that what traxxas is using comes from Spektrum...
    Last edited by Brushless55; 12-01-2011 at 01:38 PM.

Pretty coool stuff , Ray what motor you going to use . to go 200mph will take 4 x more power than it would to do 100mph . just curious my friend

Ahhh just noticed on the post above a 1527 and by the looks of things a shaft at each end .
    Necessity is the mother of invention.............

Youtube Video's http://www.youtube.com/user/Titanis2000

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast