Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Fixing the BJ26 Handling Issues

Scott, he's asking about brass bullet nuts for the prop.

I'm amusing that the theory behind the bullet nuts is that they create less turbulence behind the prop?

yah but once its behind the prop what does it matter??? what ever they look cool and i'll just keep running them just asking...

Quote Originally Posted by JackBlack26 View Post
    Scott, he's asking about brass bullet nuts for the prop.

I'm amusing that the theory behind the bullet nuts is that they create less turbulence behind the prop?
    Yeah I figured that. I just like the comment "spike thing". Thats what I will call them from now on.

Being behind the prop still matters as its helping to let the water release cleanly. Does it really help out for speed I dunno, but spikey thingys look cool so I too will continue to run w/ them.

LMAO @ Scott(tiqueman)!!

does anyone know if they sell just nuts for the Motor Collet or what size thread it is, I miss placed the nut and can not find it for the love of me.

Quote Originally Posted by roadrashracing View Post
    does anyone know if they sell just nuts for the Motor Collet or what size thread it is, I miss placed the nut and can not find it for the love of me.
    Umm.. I will look, I think I have one layin around. If I do, its urs, Ill send it to you.

yes, just can't find it anywhere

yes, just can't find it anywhere
    You just did. Ive got your address from sending the hatch. I'll send it to you tomorrow. Im 99.9% positive you cant buy just the nut. You have to buy the whole assembly.

Quote Originally Posted by tiqueman View Post
    You just did. Ive got your address from sending the hatch. I'll send it to you tomorrow. Im 99.9% positive you cant buy just the nut. You have to buy the whole assembly.
    check your pm, I had given you the wrong address when I ordered the hatch.

check your pm, I had given you the wrong address when I ordered the hatch.
    Envelope repaired

Quote Originally Posted by tiqueman View Post
    Envelope repaired
    I got it thanks

I just hit 50+ with my bj26 for the frist time! after a few winter time upgrades and a custom "speed" hatch i made to let me see my gps. how much can i get out of this hull? 60??

these are some pics of my boat...
    Attached Images Attached Images

What are you running for running gear?

2-3s 5000 35c (6s) stock motor+esc... im trying to smoke something to justify buying new stuff but it keeps asking for moreI changed the stock outdrive with the BJ 26SS strut n rudder with a 42x55 grimracer prop. when i hit 54mph i still had more i could give it but she was feeling loose and i didnt want to get wet today. i hope to move my cg fwd a bit and see if i can get more? i see that this hull has hit low 60s. but the gps doesnt lie and im a skeptic... i can see a solid 40mph with 4s...

80???? wow!!! id like to see that on youtube, it might be worth going twin for that....but for now 54mph is a handfull w/o the turnfins for me! ok but is that 12s as a twin? where would i put my gps??? and whats left of the hull after an 80mph crash???

those Genesis cats look nice. im bulding a mini Vee 22'' right now but my my next hull will be a rigger kit or a OSE Vee. i think im over the RTR boats and ready for a real one!...Im not real happy about the BJ hull....CRACKS!!!

I am running a 3 blade prop with stock speed control and motor, is that maybe to much for it? I never ran it with the stock prop after I rebuilt it so I don't know how it runs that way, metal prop just looked cooler.

are your asking about a BJ 26? i know some people have smoked thier stock esc one 6s....??? im still waiting to see it, i ran my stock BJ motor + esc really hard today on 6s with a 42 x 55 grimracer prop till the batt. was done and no heat no smell i dont know, if it aint broke right??? i ran a SV27 three blade prop on mine but it wasnt any faster and it hooked in the turns...i think on 4s the ESC will take alot but on 6s...be careful...or not, its not fun unless you push things to thier limit right?

Quote Originally Posted by Stephavee View Post
    are your asking about a BJ 26? i know some people have smoked thier stock esc one 6s....??? im still waiting to see it, i ran my stock BJ motor + esc really hard today on 6s with a 42 x 55 grimracer prop till the batt. was done and no heat no smell i dont know, if it aint broke right??? i ran a SV27 three blade prop on mine but it wasnt any faster and it hooked in the turns...i think on 4s the ESC will take alot but on 6s...be careful...or not, its not fun unless you push things to thier limit right?
    was this towards me? I am runn stock with 4s and three blade prop

RRR, what size three blade? As long as its not huge, you should be fine. Many though have found the best performance is w/ a 2 blade, 642. Mine does 43 on 4S spinning a 642 that I did some work to and comes in barely warm to the touch.

SV, 6S is asking for problems on the stock esc. Id hope at least youre running an external BEC. Its only a matter of time. Most of is do not run our things at max capacities and push to the limit as we want them to last.

well your right...if you want things to last its best not to run them to the max, but i have a hard time running my boat on 4s after running 6s... love that speed. im happy running in the mid 50 range and im looking to phase out my stock gear anyway... what esc would handle 6s? ive read the hydra120 doesnt do it so well but the hv120 does, is that true? how will the stock BJ 26 motor hold up over time running like that?

Ive run Turnigy 120s on 6S several times but kept my amp draw under 100. A few club members run the T-180 on 6S in Q offshore and have been very successful. But again, I think it has a lot to do w/ amp draw, as thier also not pulling max amps at max v ratings. For performance per dollar, Id maybe try the T-180, or Seaking 180, I think OSE has the Seaking? and go from there. Remember too, when you go up in voltage, its a good idea to go down in prop and work your way back up to what fits the application. Also, if you have some type of logging sytem use it. Even though the motor is rated at 6S, I wouldnt count on it lasting too long. Id suggest before you damage good equipment, replace both the motor and the esc if you want to constantly run those speeds. The Proboat packages are far from junk and worth trying to hang on to and make last. And, a blown speedy can couse more damage than just losing your esc.. you can lose your motor, batteries, or even your whole boat. Fire isnt friendly.

For newbs that may be reading this, I do not recommend what Stephavee is doing if you dont have the pockets to replace items. Everyone has the right to do what they want, but 6S on that equipment is not a good idea at all. Im tired of reading posts of people complaining that thier stuff is garbage because it blew up, then later you find out its because they were running a 447 on a BJ26, or a 445 on 6S on factory components. Be smart about what your doing, take advice from the experienced modelers on here.. we can all ask questions for reasons.....

Just my $.02

i am running a 40x52/3 when I last used the boat it took a min to get up to plane

i am running a 40x52/3 when I last used the boat it took a min to get up to plane
    A 3-blade prop will tend to do that more than a 2-blade. Nothing to be concerned about unless it won't plane.

Here is a vid of it running, does it sound normal?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glmYoxcDwHs

well im just a "newb" but i dont think that you got the right prop for your boat. i would try a two blade prop... unless you dont mind that it doesnt jump into plane. i over powered and proped a traxxas blast but had to be thrown into plane... but it was fast... i have ran a 42x55 two blade on my BJ and got a happy 40mph on 4s. it leaps to plane no problem. i do know that you can get mid 40s with other props. good luck finding the right one there are lot of them to choose from.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast