Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: **Guys** help me build a boat DF Cyber Storm 33

Just figured I'd update the pics.. Im not finished with the graphics yet but here she is right now..

sweeet!
    Nortavlag Bulc

Its looking real nice. The hatch does seem a bit flimsy on the Cyber storm. Think I'm gonna layer mine with silicon. Will make it a bit stronger and waterproof if it does crack. I need to get a few more graphics on my boat. So far just got the Eagle on the front although it does look pretty good imo.
    Everything that has a beginning, has an End

Getting her dialed in.. This is just one awesome boat! It handles sooo good..But, on the very top-speed pass, It starts to chime walk so I back off of it..At 0 to 90% throttle it runs smooth as silk without any chime walking or anything.The last little bit of throttle then it starts chimming..Could my ride height be too high for my top speed?...I would say its going about 50mph when it starts the chiming..Thats the only handling issue it has..Everything else looks awesome..When i hit a wake at about 3/4 throttle (around 40mph) and it catches about 1 foot of air it looks like a dart flying perfectly straight..Its an awesome sight..

Also my electric's - prop setup is working awesome..the hottest temp I saw was 138 which was the motor bullets..Everything else was 110 and below..Im soo happy with this boat!

Graphics done..I need to figure out a way to secure the hatch..Thats the only thing I need to do to complete..Ohh and Im gonna shorten esc-motor wires and install 8mm bullets..Heres some more pics..

Last edited by pyroM!KE; 12-15-2011 at 12:01 AM.

So your running on 6s and top speed is 50MPH? I would think it would be near 60. Shows 59 using this http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/conversion.htm I had the same problem with chime-walking on my Pursuit. It just means a little more weight is needed at the back. Could be done by increasing size of batteries mah (Costly). When I put my GPS in the back of my Pursuit, it gave it a bit more extra weight and the problem was gone. Resin can also add weight which I have done in my Cyber Storm.
    I would really like to see a video. Boat is looking great btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Drax21 View Post
    So your running on 6s and top speed is 50MPH? I would think it would be near 60. Shows 59 using this http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/conversion.htm I had the same problem with chime-walking on my Pursuit. It just means a little more weight is needed at the back. Could be done by increasing size of batteries mah (Costly). When I put my GPS in the back of my Pursuit, it gave it a bit more extra weight and the problem was gone. Resin can also add weight which I have done in my Cyber Storm.
    I would really like to see a video. Boat is looking great btw.
    Thats just at 90% throttle (50mph)..I have yet to make a saw pass to get top speed..I dont want to blow her over again..But I will say that when I get her dialed I will be in the 60's..Im gonna try to lower the transom on my next run..My stinger is perfectly level so I will add a +deg or so to try to get her a little wetter..It dosent chime all the time..Just when I hit 50 mph +..I think its because the prop and rudder is the only thing wet...Damn this thing is fast!!!!

Ah that's cool. Sound like your enjoying the boat. +deg is good. I have mine just off level from the boat. About 3 degrees.

Got some awesome runs in today. I was able to run her full throttle the whole time.Im getting her trimmed out without using trim tabs..I shimmed the stinger .015" to the left to get her going straight with the rudder perfectly neutral..She Still wanting to go to the right a bit so Im gonna shim her up to .025" and that should do her..Got my cg at about 31% (about 9.75 inches from the transom)..Shes loving it..Wide open runs with turns and all..Flys like its on rails.. When my son gets home Ill get some good video of her running.. I wish I had a GPS but Ill guess mid to upper 50's..
    Its nice to just grab a handfull of throttle and not worry about losing control..I think Im gonna sell my trimtabs I got cuz Im not gonna need um.. :)

Last edited by pyroM!KE; 12-22-2011 at 05:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pyroM!KE View Post
    Got some awesome runs in today. I was able to run her full throttle the whole time.Im getting her trimmed out without using trim tabs..I shimmed the stinger .015" to the left to get her going straight with the rudder perfectly neutral..She Still wanting to go to the right a bit so Im gonna shim her up to .025" and that should do her..Got my cg at about 31% (about 9.75 inches)..Shes loving it..Wide open runs with turns and all..Flys like its on rails.. When my son gets home Ill get some good video of her running.. I wish I had a GPS but Ill guess mid to upper 50's..
    Its nice to just grab a handfull of throttle and not worry about losing control..I think Im gonna sell my trimtabs I got cuz Im not gonna need um.. :)

Thanks for the precision on details. Will probably help when I finally get mine going. Just seems to pour with rain everyday here....

Thanks for the precision on details. Will probably help when I finally get mine going. Just seems to pour with rain everyday here....
    No prob..Tweaking on these and surfing the forums is half the fun..Now...Get that boat in the water!

Got some more runs today.. WOW!!! I did a high speed submarine and lost the boat for like 4 sec..Had my stinger adj a little to high..Also I shortened the esc-motor wires and installed 8mm bullets..It made a substantial difference with the wire and bullet change..The temps dropped..Especially the esc-motor wire temps..I was seeing wire temps of 170+. Shortened the wires and added the bullets and now the wire temp is 140's...Esc, motor are in the 110-130 range..Batts are 100..
    Ohh and the submarine caused the top of the hull to crack a bit..I wish I had it on vid but you can see the cracks in the pic..

I still need to install the .025" shim on the stinger cuz Im still getting some prop walk (I think I can get 1-2 more mph here getting the prop walk eliminated) but I had a day, let me tell you..Took her to the city pond..Ran it hard for 2 minutes..Hottest temp I saw was 138 and that was the esc caps..Looked up and the cops showed up..First thought was, damn..That lady walking her dog called the cops..Well that wasnt the case..Cops were like Whos got the speed boat(there was 2 cop cars show up)..I was like me. Then he said why isnt it in the water..Then I laughed and was like heck yes..But then it hit me..I had just used my packs I had charged, but I decided to do 1 or 2 more passes on the packs that had 2 minutes on them..According to there radar guns, I got a 57.4mph run on a set of discharged packs (dont worry I didnt discharge too low)..I think with fresh packs the OSE speed calculator was pretty close..I figure I can get 60 with a freshly charged set..And jezz..I did a 2 minute run and like 6 or 7 people driving by stopped to see WHAT THE HELL WAS ROOSTER TAILING ACROSS THE POND!! LOL
    My setup is :
    SK180
    Leo 4082 1550
    Octura X447/3 B/S DASBOATA
    6s2p 6000mah 40c turnigy (2 3000 mah packs parallel totaling 6000)
    One thing I will say is I did see temps over 140 (on hard runs around 3 minutes,esc was 135 motor was 145 wires were like 168) but that was with 5.5 motor bullets and non-shortened wires..
    A tip Im gonna pass on is if your gonna run this power setup, run 8mm bullets on the motor wires(or possibly solder motor wires directly to esc),shorten all wires as short as possible, and run battery connectors similar to what I build..With these mods Im not seeing any temps over 130's.Batteries were 105.. Weather or not you can achieve 57mph on a 4 or 5s setup more efficiently with this hull, I dont know? I almost want to try 5s with a X450/3 but I dont think it would be any faster or efficient.. Also I dont think racing situations would be good either with this setup(it might be if you had a x447/3 cut to a 46mm and some MPH would be lost)..But obviously I didnt build this to race with, I built it for speed-bashing runs reliably (Spartan crusher opps did I say that out-loud) and I believe I have achieved that..
    So,all in all, I think my setup on 6s with this hull, is about as extreme as I would go..I just dont think the hull could handle much more than Ive been giving her.BUT.So far so good..
    Last edited by pyroM!KE; 12-22-2011 at 07:29 AM.

Double post? I dont know how that happened.
    Last edited by pyroM!KE; 12-22-2011 at 05:45 AM.

You definitely crushed the Spartan Mike! That sounds like a fantastic day! Cops n all.

Got my 1st run in today, expected something special but......
    See my thread for link to video. Probably will just need a few tweaks.

Heres a phone vid..Im getting closer to being done tuning her..Fun Fun Fun!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8c28E85OaFo

That vid is going in my favorites!!!

That vid is going in my favorites!!!
    LOL! Thanks bro! Im just glad all the hard work is paying off now...

What stinger angle are you running at?

Negative 1 degree is about where my sweet spot is..

Negative 1 degree is about where my sweet spot is..
    Thanks, Mine looks a bit too much of an angle atm. Your COG is about the same as mine so stinger angles should work about the same. The shim is a bit harder to place behind the Fuller's stinger. Have you ran yours since you upped to 0.25"?

Yeah..The 25 is probably where Ill keep it at..It still goes to the right a bit but its barely noticeable..I may try a .030 if I get bored one day..Is yours running to wet or to dry?

Yeah..The 25 is probably where Ill keep it at..It still goes to the right a bit but its barely noticeable..I may try a .030 if I get bored one day..Is yours running to wet or to dry?
    First run was too dry so I dropped the stinger a few degrees but now think it may be too much.
    DSC_1666.jpg
    Back up 2 degrees should do it.

If your running dry your gonna want to go positive angle..Positive will push the transom down in the water..You can also loosen the rudder and angle the bottom leading edge towards the transom..That will also help pull the transom down..

If your running dry your gonna want to go positive angle..Positive will push the transom down in the water..You can also loosen the rudder and angle the bottom leading edge towards the transom..That will also help pull the transom down..
    Thanks Mike. Got some kitchen stuff arriving in the morn. Hoping the weather is gonna be nice for the afternoon to go Lake. Gonna run a mix of batts in this boat, see which performs best. Will get a few videos if all goes to plan

I hear these are awesome P-Mono hulls!
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Quote Originally Posted by Brushless55 View Post
    I hear these are awesome P-Mono hulls!
    I dont know..Ive never seen anything else run other than a MG..But i know Mine hauls major ass! and the handling is just simply amazing!

Hi again Mike. So by positive angle you mean stinger upwards? Ran it again today motor fully revving out. No ABS but prop kept slapping the surface. Its either a stinger or a weight problem. Stinger being easier to sort out than weight.

Hi again Mike. So by positive angle you mean stinger upwards? Ran it again today motor fully revving out. No ABS but prop kept slapping the surface. Its either a stinger or a weight problem. Stinger being easier to sort out than weight.
    yes..Stinger up is positive..When you say the prop is slapping the water, do you mean its porpoising?

yes..Stinger up is positive..When you say the prop is slapping the water, do you mean its porpoising?
    OK Mike, I think I got it. Have put the stinger up a couple of degrees. This forces the transom down, keeps prop is water correct? At the moment as soon as I hit around 32MPH the transom comes too far out the water and I can hear the prop slapping the surface. Didn't get much time today with the boat but I did run it and got same speeds as last time because I did not alter the stinger before leaving.
    I was thinking the more I moved the stinger down the farther down it would be in the water(stupid moment) The boat isn't porpoising in the water, just rising out of it because of my stupidity.
    My Pursuit was heavier at the back thus meaning my stinger angle could be parallel but my Cyber Storm is lighter meaning a upward movement of stinger is needed. I understand it now. Hoping no more angle than what I have give it is needed.
    DSC_1693.jpg

Have just got a Hyperion brand new off ebay for 4s 4200 45-90c!! saved loads cost me £45 or $70 in your money. Will let you know how the stinger thing works out. Hope to see some rooster tail next time Thanks Tim

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123