Thread: 60 mph setup???

Default 60 mph setup???

Could someone tell me what a good 60 mph setup would be? motor,batts,prop?

I can't say for sure about 60mph but I've gotten close with my setup...at 58.2mph. I'm running a leopard 4074 1700kv with a seating 180a esc with a bec. Batteries are two zippy 3cell 5000mha 45c using 5.5 bullets and a sharpened and balanced m645 prop.
    " Do you really need anouther boat "
    YEP!

Sounds like Stephavee has a great setup..................one thing you could do further is use a 4082 1800kv on 6s that will have a few more rpms and can swing more prop.......although the m645 Stephavee runs is a monster already......may not be able to take much more in a 31" hull. You could possibly sneak an x646 on it.

Speed calc says 66 mph with this setup at 85% efficiency.........
    NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=

Yeah I could run a 4080 motor and bigger prop but runtimes would suffer. The m645 is about the biggest prop I would like to run on this boat because of torque roll and prop walk issues. I think if I cut some weight and get my tune right 60mph is possible with my setup but will take some tweaking.
    " Do you really need anouther boat "
    YEP!

I want a fast setup too - what about the stock 1800kv motor with 5.5 bullet connections hooked up to two 3s 5000mah lipos with Traxxas connectors - with an Octura x646/3 prop

Would that work alright? The boat has updated dual cooling lines

Okay so what size should I get then? Is the 3 blade prop better than the 2 blade?

Quote Originally Posted by MrSTUDofRC View Post
    Okay so what size should I get then? Is the 3 blade prop better than the 2 blade?
    Personally I wouldn't run a 3 blade on that. It will load things even more. You definitely need a motor and Esc upgrade if you plan on going that fast.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Quote Originally Posted by MrSTUDofRC View Post
    I want a fast setup too - what about the stock 1800kv motor with 5.5 bullet connections hooked up to two 3s 5000mah lipos with Traxxas connectors - with an Octura x646/3 prop

Would that work alright? The boat has updated dual cooling lines
    Quote Originally Posted by kfxguy View Post
    Personally I wouldn't run a 3 blade on that. It will load things even more. You definitely need a motor and Esc upgrade if you plan on going that fast.
    I'm with Travis on this
    and on the stock motor running 6s I'm not sure I would run much bigger than a 42mm prop to start with
    could cook that motor and esc
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s