Thread: Just fitted a 4074 200kv to my stiletto!

Default Just fitted a 4074 200kv to my stiletto!

Just fitted this. its for another project that im waiting on parts for so i thought i would give it a run in the stiletto to see how she goes, well i hope! Meant to put 2000kv.

tryed it thisafternoon and i think it was a bit of overkill, seemed rear end heavy and unstable at top speed. This motor is prob more suited to my genesis. It was fun to try though.
    Last edited by jamespl; 11-13-2011 at 01:38 PM.

Hey that looks great, but like you said maybe a bit overkill.

I am in the UK too and just got a new Stiletto 29 and the prop is tight, the steel bush does not rotate freely in the brass outer sleeve, this was fee at first but after just running in for 20 to 30 seconds on the bench it tightened up?

I have seen the two small holes to gease, so is that it, just try and get some more gease in, looks like its pinned so hard to take apart?

I have seen all the mods to be done and have graesed the flex shaft etc.

Is there a simple buy to upgrade the end prop assembly.

Cheers for any help.
    Pete.

stuff gets real hot real quick when not cooled by water running over it not a good idea to run it for so long dry, check out this thread should help you-https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...etto-Race-Prep

this was fee at first but after just running in for 20 to 30 seconds on the bench it tightened up?
    It is never a good idea to run an FE boat motor for more than a second or so out of the water. There is no good reason to (unless you just want to hear it run) and a lot of reasons not to do so. As above, it can overheat with no water to cool it - an electric motor run without load gets hot fast!). Too, running at full- or near-fulll throttle will cause the motor to run at too high an rpm, risking both motor and cable damage. Don't do it!

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Pete, the pin pushes out easily, I had all sorts of problems with my stub shaft wearing, and then wobbling, which caused me to snap untold flex shafts fitted the hyperformance stub shaft much much better design, and super smooth, as has been said running these on the bench is really a no no too much heat will build up in all sorts of places.

Tom

Thanks steveo and fluid for the advice, eill not run out of the water!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    Pete, the pin pushes out easily, I had all sorts of problems with my stub shaft wearing, and then wobbling, which caused me to snap untold flex shafts fitted the hyperformance stub shaft much much better design, and super smooth, as has been said running these on the bench is really a no no too much heat will build up in all sorts of places.

Tom
    Thanks Tom for the info, I will try and get the pin out and see if the stub shaft has rubbed up or partially seized and then polish and grease it so it runs free.
    Where can I get the hyperperformance one, is it a Proboat part?
    I am in the UK.
    Thanks for all your help,
    This goes for all too.
    Cheers,
    Pete.

I'm in the UK too bought my stub shaft here from OSE didn't take long to get here, might be an idea to order the stub shaft and a couple of flex's to make best use of the shipping cost link to the stub shaft

http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...prod=hpi-psa35
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    I'm in the UK too bought my stub shaft here from OSE didn't take long to get here, might be an idea to order the stub shaft and a couple of flex's to make best use of the shipping cost link to the stub shaft

http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...prod=hpi-psa35
    Tom
    Cheers Tom,
    I have ordered a spare stub shaft assy and also some flex shafts.
    Also I have a small Emco lathe that I use on other model parts such as on rc tanks and cars so will try and add some lube grooves in the stub shaft to keep the grease in, I see how that goes and if it improves the life of the assembly.
    Thanks,
    Pete