Thread: Virginia: The Elite Fleet of Virginia

Default Virginia: The Elite Fleet of Virginia

The one and only Elite Fleet of Virginia.

The Elite Fleet of Virginia is a scale electric boat club that meets throughout the year on either Saturdays or Sundays at either Diamond Lake Estates, Mt. Trashmore Lake or more recently Sandy Bottom Nature Park in Hampton. We usually start to gather around 12 noon and stay until we're too hot, too cold, or too tired, or afraid of getting in trouble for staying out too long. Every so often we try to get together for a night run as well, giving us a chance to try out all the various lights we've installed!

Currently we have 15 active members and over 35 boats. The different types of boats vary from military craft to civilian, and from kits to scratch built, even a few sea plains. The sizes range anywhere between 9 inches to 12 feet long. The Elite Fleet does not loan boats to try, but we are more than happy to give assistance to anyone wishing to build a boat. We will try to answer any questions you may have and help solve problems you come across.

Sandy Bottom Nature Park is just off Hampton Roads Center Parkway & Big Bethel Road, Diamond Lake Estates is Located just off Northampton Blvd. at the corner of Norwich Ave. and Gretna Rd. in Virginia Beach, & Mt. Trashmore Lake is located east of Independence Blvd. on Edwin Dr. in Virginia Beach. Look for us by the information center, near the boat docks!

---> Club website <---
    "A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Some of our boats:

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

That 40mm gun on the last boat actually fires .22 blanks

Very Nice. Amazing craftsmanship!!!

Wow, those are very cool boats. I wonder how Mt. Trashmore lake got its name? Kinda chuckled when I read it.

It got it's name from it's history. It was a regional landfill that was converted to a park

at least we can run whatever we want and not feel like second rate members of the club just because we like to run fast boats.

...and you won't get attacked for your invitation when you get to the pond like the other club!

What a frickin' handfull of jerkoffs that ruin things for others

they arent all bad there are quite a few decent guys over there just few following one guy blindly without thinking. The one that confronted you is not that bright you notice how fast he backed down when I got involved. If someone wants to go out there and not run fast boats or 99% scale and maybe one fast boat I think they will be ok but we have been labeled as the go fast guys even though I am a plankowner in the club and joined running a scale Fletcher class destroyer.

I like most of them, Like i said "handfull"

I am trying to make arrangements for a "how to" demonstration this weekend at Hobbytown USA on Va beach Blvd More info to follow!
    Everyone is welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Diegoboy View Post
    I am trying to make arrangements for a "how to" demonstration this weekend at Hobbytown USA on Va beach Blvd More info to follow!
    Everyone is welcome
    Good luck, I hope the best for you guys.
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

you are always welcome egneg

OUTSTANDING! I love scale boats. I just don't have the patience or pockets for those fabulous ships!
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

well sailr you might even see some sales from it my mini eco is one of my favorite boats and I plan on running it at any shows we do if they ask where to get it I will direct them to you

That would be great. Much appreciated. Our sales this year are really in the dumper, just like everyone I guess. Anything will help! We are offering a holiday sale. 15% off all orders over $100 through Dec. 31st. Details in the Mini forum.

Happy Thanksgiving!@!

Quote Originally Posted by hazegry View Post
    well sailr you might even see some sales from it my mini eco is one of my favorite boats and I plan on running it at any shows we do if they ask where to get it I will direct them to you
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com