Thread: Stock 60 Amp ESC setup?

Question Stock 60 Amp ESC setup?

Hi folks;

Quick intro - been lurking here for a while, just got my Mystic 29, the RTR version. New to FE boats, not to R/C - major interest is helis, but the fall weather is getting yucky, and risking a $5000 scale bird in gusty winds
    makes me AND the bird uncomfortable....

I've programmed heli ESC's many times before, so I'm not unfamiliar with the process, but the stock ProBoat ESC has me seriously confused. I'm hoping someone can chime in with the "Idiot's Guide to programming the Stock ESC"... 'Cause I sure do need it!!!! I do have the instruction sheet for the ESC, but it makes little or no sense to me. I don't, unfortunately, have the Prog Card. Running this off the RTR ProBoat wheel radio / M200 Spektrum rx.

1) What beep sequence should I be hearing on power up, and what do the beeps mean?

2) What do I need to be doing to get the ESC to recognize full throttle position on the radio?

3) Does the ESC have reverese???? The instruction sheet says yes, the website says no. I am correct (I think?!?) in assuming that "Brake" is not "Reverse".....?

4) What am I supposed to be doing to program the timing on the ESC? How can I tell if it's soft or hard? Once again, the single / double beep means nothing, as I'm hearing both of them when I think I'm in programming mode...

I know it's a lot of questions, and I apologize for that. I too get grumpy on the heli forums when some silly newb pops up outta nowhere, basically wanting to have us set up his heli for him, so it is with great reluctance
    that I do that here..... Though I am comfy with a helicopter that will do over 120mph, I am seriously nervous about a boat doing 35 or so on the water - not where my experience is! I don't want to A) blow everything up
    and B) get in WAAAY over my head..

thanks and thanks and thanks (for you patience!!!)

cheers,

ed

Didnt get much time with mine before it blew up , but to explain how I understand its function. When you first turn it on it will beep until you pull the throttle fully hold for a second and release. it will then give one beep confirming it has recognized full throttle and neutral. It is then ready to run. As far as programming anything on the proboat ESC it requires the programming card. nothing can be changed or set via the transmitter. Good thing they clearly print that on the box so you can pick one up.... I know its not much but I hope this helps.

No worries. I'm sensing that the stock ESC may be the weakest link on the boat. Might pick up a SeaKing or Castle Cremations one with a programmer. Thanks!

ed