Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Shawn's Shocker

Geez yeah,sorry Jeff.I was just figuring which side goes where to start.The joins look great,real nice an smooth.I've been neglecting this thread and the boat over the holidays and before that was getting paint and finish done(tedious).I've got the Fightercat couplers,do you recommend soldering the ends of the cables?

i do,,, before you get any oil or grease on them ,, solder them,,if your motor coupler ever comes loose the solder will help to keep the flex from fraying..

Thanks Jerry.
    Well, here's my interior complete with a Medusa Research 3.5 amp 12s BEC and Spectrum MR3000.Just need some tubing,an antenna tube, and to get solder to take to the cable ends.Also need to make some velcro straps for my batteries.Looks like bad weather for the weekend but nice next week.
    inside 002.jpginside 003.jpg
    Last edited by srislash; 01-06-2012 at 08:52 AM. Reason: Added info

esc's on there sides,,, i didnt think of that, very nice bro i may have to look inside mine again at my esc's and see if they would fit better like that!! PS i didnt do any velcro for my batts, 5s fits so tight already i just wedged a thin pice of foam between the top of them and the hull to pinch them in,,,all the other foam blocks i have in there they cant slide forward or back,...

Ahh,there's something I forgot,and why to have it. Some foam in the sponsons so the batteres can't crash forward.I picked up some custom velcro straps today.I have a local "guy",who owns PlasticWorks.He has and can do some cool things.I'm gonna run two straps and strips to locate the batteries.
    Yeah, the ESC thing came to me on the way to work in traffic one morning.I can keep the wires super short this way.You could stack them with something trick too and get the same result.

My 5s batts fit so tight in the sponsons after alittle foam pact in there i think mine are good, but i still gotta get my cg wright, need some more run time for that but its to cold here for me, ill have to wait..

Wow.It's that tight in the Daytona.I got lots of room and am contemplating some ThunderPower 7700mah.I assume you've got 5000mah.It's not nice here either but I have shot out with test runs at the lake but it's too chilly for hanging out and testing all day.The good thing is most of my lake is only 3-4ft deep right now so chest waders work for retrieval.

So anybody got a starting point for my stingers?This is the first time I've run them.Straight and even with the ride surface?

Looking good! If this thing is anything like the genesis you might want to have your stingers a negative 3-5 degrees and bateries forward. Make her run a bit wet, you might need to with all that power. I keep flipping mine LOL also with your esc's if you really want to make sure they are waterproof you can add some heat shrink over what you have already done and pore the liquid tape at the ends. Mine are working submerged!!

Oh forgot to mention, try having the center in the prop shaft at the same height as the sponsom's bottom and the 3 degree negativ

Well I got a beautiful afternoon to get the Shocker wet.So here's a couple of pics till I get the vid sorted.
    Fightercat 005.jpgFightercat 006.jpg

Looks good Shawn. Howd it run? Vinsols would have also been in the water today but the Kintec order didnt show up. Hopefully tomorrow....

looks awsome!!! VID'S??? no good just sitting there in the water

Quote Originally Posted by nata2run View Post
    looks awsome!!! VID'S??? no good just sitting there in the water
    I'm loading vids now but I have a few to go thru.Then I got some on my mums new cam with zoom(I hope ).

Quote Originally Posted by tiqueman View Post
    Looks good Shawn. Howd it run? Vinsols would have also been in the water today but the Kintec order didnt show up. Hopefully tomorrow....
    It ran real good for the first time and on 4s with 1820 kv's.I may have too much rudder but there is up to an inch that can come off,in time.

Here we go http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ncs7...MWgjuQMOdfMsF4 Don't know if I like this contour for filming the boats.Hoping mums camera took better video.

nice boat.. i am waiting my 40 inches also.

Looks cool! I'm getting my shocker hull tomorrow, plan on twin 3740 2000kv out runners, twin cc 240 speedies. Also run a push/pull low-profile hitec, was planning on wire drives but might stick with the square cable drives like you. I like them because you will never lose a prop from broken driveline. I'm running in 3s to start and planning on ending with 6/8s on octura x450 three blade choppers! Pulled most of this from my cf genesis hull, this hull will be a bit more stable. I like the paint job you did, I was thinking of undercoating in Crome ( if I can find paint that actually looks like Crome on carbon) and keeping the cf look on top like you. As I'm not racing this boat. And as you did I plan on using mostly cf inside too. In short you beat me to my own boat!!! Haha looks good and will have to share with you when I get done!

Nice build mate, i got my shocker a couple of weeks back, just waiting on one of bens esc's..

Running 2x 1717 on 6s with counter 450 3blades.. Should turn some heads..

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    Looks cool! I'm getting my shocker hull tomorrow, plan on twin 3740 2000kv out runners, twin cc 240 speedies. Also run a push/pull low-profile hitec, was planning on wire drives but might stick with the square cable drives like you. I like them because you will never lose a prop from broken driveline. I'm running in 3s to start and planning on ending with 6/8s on octura x450 three blade choppers! Pulled most of this from my cf genesis hull, this hull will be a bit more stable. I like the paint job you did, I was thinking of undercoating in Crome ( if I can find paint that actually looks like Crome on carbon) and keeping the cf look on top like you. As I'm not racing this boat. And as you did I plan on using mostly cf inside too. In short you beat me to my own boat!!! Haha looks good and will have to share with you when I get done!
    My windshield is a krylon Premium Original Chrome in a can.It's the closest I've found yet.I have a pair of 450's done as well as a set of detounged 447's coming.445's are on it now.I might make it to 6s but that'll probably be it.It's been alot of time and I look forward to setting it up.

Twin 1717's? That'll be a rocket.They will fit.I made sure I left room as I do have a pair,you know,just for giggles.

Great build and great run Shawn! Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by srislash View Post
    Twin 1717's? That'll be a rocket.They will fit.I made sure I left room as I do have a pair,you know,just for giggles.
    Yeah just, no class to race in just doing it for a laugh really.... Boys and there toys hey.. A well known Australian boat builde/racer and all round guru of FE is going to put it together for me. ( Steve Ballinger ) I'll see if i cant get him to take some shots, or ill swing by every now and then for a build story.. He is kinda in high demand so i won't push the fact and he also has a few big saw rigs to get ready in the next couple of months.. stay tuned.

Nice build Shawn! I love the carbon fiber...
    Miss Geico CC1515 2200kv T180 2S2S- Twin Genesis with 2 2700kv 2 T180's 4S2P- Stiletto with 2030kv T120 4S1P-DF33 4082 1600kv T180 6S2P- and lots of gassers!

Quote Originally Posted by jasoncyclone View Post
    Nice build Shawn! I love the carbon fiber...
    Thanks Jason.
    Here's the other footage I spoke of- http://youtu.be/D_uUe7eOax4 I may have to get another camera.I'm much happier with this(except it's Mums first try filming).

Shawn wheres your cog? I ask because it looks like its being forced to stay planted in that second vid. I just maidened Joels and got lucky as the cog seems about perfect. Sitting on a table, the stingers are set level and cog is 9-7/8 from the back of the ride surface (sponsons, not transom) Its got the 2200FC outrunners in it and Joel is going to run it on 3S, so its how I ran it. Id give it a tick over 40. The cog could probably move back just a little but if it wer to go any faster (4S) Id set it at 9-7/8 or 10. Heres Vinlsols completed
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by tiqueman; 01-13-2012 at 11:55 PM.

Shawn wheres your cog? I ask because it looks like its being forced to stay planted in that second vid. I just maidened Joels and got lucky as the cog seems about perfect. Sitting on a table, the stingers are set level and cog is 9-7/8 fron the back of the ride surface (sponsons, not transom) Heres Vinylsols completed
    Yeah that's what I was thinking too.I really hope I don't have to pull the motor mounts.Batteries can go back a little but not much.

I dont think you will. Your motors dont look any further forward than how I set this one up. And your escs are tighter towards the rear than how I did the 180s.

I dont think you will. Your motors dont look any further forward than how I set this one up. And your escs are tighter towards the rear than how I did the 180s.
    I'll try the stingers up to where you put them on Vinsol's.I think they are a little lower which would stuff the nose in.We are expecting snow and it's been freezing for a couple days so probably no boating for a bit.

Yeah that looks exactly how your seems to be riding, like the stingers have a degree of negative in them. Kinda like when its trying to bounce over its wakes etc the nose is getting forced down. Level them out and see what she does. I think youll see a big difference.

Well,I stuck the boat on the table and the stingers went up about 2mm.There's the degree or two.I checked the COG, and as it was set in the vid(to the best of memory),it was 10 1/2 inches.Those were my Thunder Power 4s packs,they are a little longer than the Sky's.I may be able to get 9 7/8 out of them(just).And no problem with my Sky's.I have some 4000 4s Sky's,5000 5s Sky's, and 4400 6s Sky's to play with.I've also got some X450 3 blades.Boy am I gonna have some tuning time.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast