Thread: Seaking 180a ESC timing for stock mystic setup ?

Default Seaking 180a ESC timing for stock mystic setup ?

Anyone have any advise on where to set the timing of the Seaking 180 for the mystic stock motor and prop running 4s 5000 40c lipos ? Thanks in advance.

11.25 is a good place.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet
    "It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves"

Thank you very much.

Could you give us an update on the performance of your setup? What prop & speed are you running? Thanking of going the same route

I am very happy with the end result but I did not end up using the stock motor. I chose to throw in a Leopard 3674 wich is still a 1900KV motor. I am running the X642 and everything is under 100*F after 5 minutes. I Dont have a clue as to the top speed as I dont have a gps . All I can tell you is that it is night and day faster than the stock set up. Here is a really short clip of it about half way through the 5 minute run.

Default 4074/2000 sea king 180a information

I have purchased a 4074/2000 kv and a sea king 180a. I am installling in the Mystic 29 and need your input. On the stock boat i have used the x642 and x645 props. It wont turn the x645 quickly, its needs more water to wind out. The boat acts like it wants more speed. i have all of the bouncing of the boat by moving the batterys forwarded as needed. My question is what batteries do yo reccomend. Id like to stay with 4s or should I attempt 5s? In the past Ive used 5400/50c batterys and 5000/40c. All batterie have been hooked in series using 5.5connectors. Shold I consider paralell for this? What could I use to get the most run time and a rspectable speed with the change in engine and control

gek1946

I have asked you other questions but ive forgot. What would you program the seaking 180a too
    with a 4074/2000 motor. What would the settings you would use. i ask you this for you other comments that
    have been made have been good advise
    gek1946

Quote Originally Posted by gek1946 View Post
    I have purchased a 4074/2000 kv and a sea king 180a. I am installling in the Mystic 29 and need your input. On the stock boat i have used the x642 and x645 props. It wont turn the x645 quickly, its needs more water to wind out. The boat acts like it wants more speed. i have all of the bouncing of the boat by moving the batterys forwarded as needed. My question is what batteries do yo reccomend. Id like to stay with 4s or should I attempt 5s? In the past Ive used 5400/50c batterys and 5000/40c. All batterie have been hooked in series using 5.5connectors. Shold I consider paralell for this? What could I use to get the most run time and a rspectable speed with the change in engine and control

gek1946
    Try an m445. It seems to work better on the higher rpm motors in boats this size.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Steven would be the man to listen to. I am very pleased with my set up but have not tried the 2000kv motor so I couldn't give any suggestions. As far as batteries go I am running poweredge 5000 50c packs I believe they are and have not ventured above 4s.