Page 5 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: West Florida Model boat club, Sarasota, FL

it was a good effort by the meteorologist. Actually described Bills Expresscraft as the Proboat Hydro w/ a 2028 on 10s. eh, close enough

Ive seen it twice now and both were of the Expresscraft run

That's pretty neat stuff! Some national attention! Wish our club was a bit bigger! A friend of mine works for wkbw here in buffalo. I'd love to get some footage of us racing our stuff! Great stuff man!

Hey Scott! Did you crack open the "box" yet?

i cant even find it on there at all.
    MY RETIREMENT PLAN?????.....POWERBALL
    74 vintage kirby clasic hydro, pursuit mono, mg, 47'' mono, popeye hydro...

It may be done for the evening. I seen it about 4-5 times starting around 9pm and up until about 10:30. I havent seen it since. Very cool though.

Just gotta say, WOW, what a turn out today! Great to see so many new faces. I hope everyone got to meet Brian Watts from RocketCityRacing.

yea, hope for more of the same - minus the wind. Looks like we'll see a few new club members too.

Quote Originally Posted by jj2003 View Post
    Hey Scott! Did you crack open the "box" yet?
    Lol cracked, sitting on the rack and stared at. Still haven't said much about it tho except to club members.

Quote Originally Posted by RayR View Post
    Just gotta say, WOW, what a turn out today! Great to see so many new faces. I hope everyone got to meet Brian Watts from RocketCityRacing.
    Ray, was brian the one w the yellow skunk cat? I met so many people yesterday....

Quote Originally Posted by tiqueman View Post
    it was a good effort by the meteorologist. Actually described Bills Expresscraft as the Proboat Hydro w/ a 2028 on 10s. eh, close enough

Ive seen it twice now and both were of the Expresscraft run
    He was misinformed and that's my fault I guess. Their message referred to "hydro" so I gave them all the specs on Ray's Proboat. Then after realising they might have been talking about the LSH heat sent them information on that as well. Don't know how the Expresscraft got involved in it since it's a long ways from a hydro.
    But as long as the club name and location was right that's the good side.

Scott,

The yellow skunk cat is Brian Mohs aka mohsb boat.

Quote Originally Posted by tiqueman View Post
    Lol cracked, sitting on the rack and stared at. Still haven't said much about it tho except to club members.
    Is it related to what we talked about some time ago when I mentioned ordering from overseas and you said there might be a chance that there will be more than one or two ordered? I'm trying not to let out the

here is the culprit on the trolling motor...$30.00 shipped for the part. certainly cheaper than a new trolling motor. It failed because all the wires were twisted up, burned thru the insulation and shorted it out. ahh easy to fix.
    100_8034.jpg

who all is going to run tunnels next weekend? also is anyone going to run the sunday after thanksgiveing at all? ill be down for both weekends....

Quote Originally Posted by RCKong View Post
    here is the culprit on the trolling motor...$30.00 shipped for the part. certainly cheaper than a new trolling motor. It failed because all the wires were twisted up, burned thru the insulation and shorted it out. ahh easy to fix.
    Since it's apart anyways, wonder if we could shorten the shaft by a foot or two. Should make it easier for steering with the control handle a little lower and by shortening it up would keep the motor end from digging into the lake bottom when it's dropped all the way down.
    Just a thought...

Quote Originally Posted by ron1950 View Post
    who all is going to run tunnels next weekend? also is anyone going to run the sunday after thanksgiveing at all? ill be down for both weekends....
    The Sunday after Thanksgiving is the 4th Sunday and would be a normal run day. Right now the big question (in my mind) is will we have a working rescue boat for that date?

yep. I'll look at it and see if we can take a foot off it.

is that yup u will have a working rescue boat or yup, thats the problem lol

I have an extra troller just in case, so yes we will have the boat. The part is on order already and I should be able to put it back together by next meet. Scott is contacting Jeff to get the other troller for back up so we dont get stuck rowing again.

Quote Originally Posted by hebner View Post
    Scott,

The yellow skunk cat is Brian Mohs aka mohsb boat.
    At least I had the first name right. Lotsa Brians there yesterday...

Quote Originally Posted by ron1950 View Post
    No one will be next weekend. We ran yesterday. I may have a tunnel going by the 4th Sunday though.... did I reallyl just type that?

there is a tunnel boat race in velrico next weekend....cant beleave mr i hate tunnels actually has one now lol

I still don't have my new tunnel built, haven't even started on it yet. Once I get the big boat back together, I will start putting my new spec tunnel together, and then I hope to have a bigger tunnel built with either p or q power. not sure what it will be yet. Sounds like you guys have been having fun.

Dang. I've been watching Weathernation for over an hour and no video of Bill's boat. Haha. Patience I guess. I did a search on there for recordings of "hydro", rc boat, model boat, etc. and didn't come up with it.

I'll just have to wait! Haha.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by sailr View Post
    Dang. I've been watching Weathernation for over an hour and no video of Bill's boat. Haha. Patience I guess. I did a search on there for recordings of "hydro", rc boat, model boat, etc. and didn't come up with it.

I'll just have to wait! Haha.
    Chances are they only ran it Sunday since that's what day the related weather was for.

Scott/Bill. Do we have a new club flyer? I stopped by Gator Hobbies in Sarasota yesterday and showed our web site to Brian the owner. He was very excited and really wants to post a flyer in the shop. He has had several people ask about a local boat club.

Ray - I don't believe we have the new flyer's ready at this time (asked a week or so ago about them). I drive by Gator's regularly, also a shop in Venice, so I can leave some at both locations when the updated ones become available.

I'll try to get started on a new flyer this evening after I get in from work. This time as a one sided version that would work well for posting in the local hobby shops.

Default Flyer

I hammered this one out early before clocking in at work.
    If it looks good enough I'll make up some color copies. Let me know what you think.
    Attached Files Attached Files

My .02, id take the namba part out of the first paragraph since its covered in the 2nd paragraph. Just put something like "we are a radio controlled model boat club...". Put a comma before the word weather. then in the second paragraph spell out the first NAMBA and I think its perfect.

Here's the revision. Did you get a chance to look at the club membership application I sent you yesterday?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 5 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast