Page 4 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: West Florida Model boat club, Sarasota, FL

when I first started coming that how we came in... then all the sudden, from what I was told, it was locked and we started using the entrance we currently used.. how is the one we currently use the short cut?????

I think using the front entrance from now on is probably a good idea myself. 1st one in unlocks and last one out re-locks. Did that for years at MCRC (flying club). SRQ has a better setup with an auto closing electric gate and number pad. (unless the gate breaks). If we do invest in a lock, I'd suggest a good outgoors combination lock so that all the members would have access to it.

I was thinking a good outdoor lock and several keys. Pad combination locks can really piss people off sometimes and Ive yet to see one last being wethered everyday...

Well I'm not on here much cause to busy playing with planes and boats But because I'm a beginner I should be here more to learn some day I might even be able to get in a race

I will be sure to bring money Sunday

I am there most times

I'm the guy that can't use the retrival boat any more

see you all Sunday with my new boat for test run

Thanks Scott. Right now, waiting for the antibiotics to kick in. I will be there but don't want to stay long.. I hope you all can bring your $$$ and let me be on my way.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

well that solves that Watson, we'll go in the front door.

ray, is yur twin drive working ?

Yeah, anything to avoid "The Back Door"!

I'll be there tomorrow but don't want to stay long. I have a brand new med. problem that's cropped up. I'll probably be in the hospital by mid-week. This %$ts getting old!

I'll have two or three boats other than the ones that sold with me. If you have friends looking for boats, tell 'em to come by!
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Great day out there even considering the wind and we lost another trolling motor on the recovery boat. We had a wonderful turnout with a lot of new faces. It was a pleasure to meet them all and we hope you see them again.

Also for those who do not know, Dan has voluntered the usage of his enclosed trailer. This will be great as it will accomodate storage of the rescue boat, batteries, motor, generator etc etc. It will be nice to have everything in one place rather than going home with several different people. So a big thanks to you Dan (eagle)!

Jim mentioned that Jeff has the clubs other trolling motor back from repair. I will get w/ him and get it in possesion. Once we figure out where we sit financially, we will look into getting a new motor. Brian has taken our current one home and is going to see if he can find anything obvious.

I hope we continue to have the turn out we did today. Looks like we are finally getting the word out...

Finally, Jim (Sailr), thanks for all the good deals you provided many club members with today, including myself. We hope we see you now and again and best of luck w/ your back situation. Dont be a stranger. Jim also had a good idea in suggesting we have a "rc boat" swap meet one weekend. We can start a new thread if/ when we decide to do it. It would be nice to get several of the areas clubs including perhaps the Wave Blasters to come join us for swapping and selling items as well as a little friendly competition. We could put some flyers in the local shops as well. Lets start puting ideas together for that and figure out when we may want to do it.

-Scott

+1 on the swap meet idea. let's get something going on that.

Todays vids aren't on the website yet but do have them linked up on RCGroups already. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...327096&page=27

Before I forget it you might want to check the weathernation website Ray. Here's a copy n paste of a message I had from them a little while ago.

weathernation has sent you a message: Weathernation TV request to air YouTube video
    To:bill34207

Hello -

Came across your video of the mini hyrdo boat racing and thought it would make incredible weather video of things folks were doing this weekend.

Would you allow us permission to air this video and share a little bit about what was going on?

Please tell us where it was filmed? Location, time of day, name of the hydro club or competition? We will not be selling or forwarding this video. In house use only.

If you don't have us on cable or satellite you can watch WeatherNation TV at http://www.ustream.com/wntv

Thanks for your consideration.

My thoughts, too. Free advertising. I may have been mistaken about which clip they are going to use though. I forgot all about the LSO heat and thought they were talking about Ray's Proboat. Still don't know which one they were planning to use.

+1 on the great turnout today too (I was in a rush trying to finish up videos and stuff). It was great to see so many extra faces even if I do have a hard time with remembering names.

It just aired! I watched it! Cool stuff guys!

Its on again!

They mentioned bill's boat and specifically stated the clubs name. It appears when they are talking about the southeast forecast. It may play again. Very cool though!

I missed it. Was it Ray's big red hydro running solo or a bunch of the LSH boats?

The LSH boats and he mentioned your expresscraft!

Page 4 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast