Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: West Florida Model boat club, Sarasota, FL

I made it out of a large speedmaster

Thanks. say, try and bring those stuffing tube supports please.

crap, i forgot about them. Sry bout that. Ill try and get some made, If not Ill give you a piece of carbon plate to make them with.

Before I list them on the for sale section.... Ive got two 540 10xl Feigao motors w/ jackets that have 5 6S runs on them from my HOTR cat and 2 4S runs. I also have a feigao 5409XL with under 10 runs. And am considering selling my Pursuit hull/ hrdwr and possibly the Leopard 4082 2200 thats in it. if anyone is interested in any of these items, Pm me. I also have a brushles mini Rio, complete less rx tx. Not the one that went to the bottom.. still havent found that.

Quote Originally Posted by sailr View Post
    Larry,
    Which size shirt was it you ordered? XXL with pocket? I'll be sure to bring it on the 13th.

Jim
    Hello Jim
    Yes (XXL with pocket)

See you all on SUN.

P Mono
    LSH
    LSO
    P Sport Hydro

Larry
    Last edited by TRUCKPULL; 11-10-2011 at 01:15 AM.
    Past NAMBA- P Mono -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Past NAMBA- P Sport -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Bump & Grind Racing Props -We Like Em Smooth & Wet

OK Larry. Thanks.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

I will be there Sunday with boats to deliver etc. I'm also bringing some extra boats to see if any of you are interested.
    I'm thinking maybe the 2nd Sunday in Dec or 2nd Sunday in January, I will have a 'yard sale'. I have tons of props, shafts,
    a few esc's, motors, rudders and struts, boat stands, some additional boats, etc. etc. etc. There will be lots of great buys for you!

Do you think the 2nd Sunday in Dec. is too close to Christmas? Should I wait until January? I'm wondering if I could do a flyer to post here and ask you guys to post at local hobby shops, etc.? This would also give me time to get the word out to other clubs, etc.

Thanks,
    Jim
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Jim, Keep me in mind, as I have not made it back to Texas for a boat or gear, See you Sunday.

Ted
    Ted H. Wachter
    West Florida Model Boat Club
    East Texas RC Boaters

Default Confrontation

So, I was at our local pond today and while there, a guy, lets call him a-hole, moved his truck to purposly block me in from getting out of the pit area. I gave him the benefit of the doubt when he first did it and assumed he just didnt realize a was there. When he looked at me and shook his head while he walked back into his building I knew we had a problem. An hour later while leaving he would not let us out. Said we were trespassing on private property, said he has a problem with us and using "his" driveway to get in and out and I was there illegally and he was calling the cops. I had to basically scream at him until hed listen to me and explained who I was, why I was there, and why I will continue to use the entrance every Sunday. he left it at he'd fill the area with roofing nails if we continue to use that entrance. He was pissed to say the least. After 20 minutes of us going back and forth he finally moved his truck to let us out.

So, solution. Obviously the county building is closed tomorrow as its a Holiday. Whos got bolt cutters? I recommend we cut the chain across the wood gate that we are supposed to be able to use. Ill call Susan at sarasota county on Monday, tell her we need her help in solving an issue and in the mean time, for the safety of our club and thousands of dollars of tires, I cut the chain and I will have my check book and or a new chain in hand to give her as a replacement. This roofing guy doesnt sound like hes playing around and actually I felt threatened like I was going to get hit by him he was so pissed. I need to talk w/ Susan about getting a lock that both the county and the club have a key for.

PS So next time someone loses a hatch... tough shi# And my buddy Ken says the same thing
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wow that's just crazy. I guess we need a letter from the county that says we can be there. Maybe Jim could call her on Monday and get this straightened out since he has talked to her several times in the past.

Fantastic Scott, I must have been typing when you posted that picture. Ken is my new best friend. How long did it take to find the hatch. Thank Ken for me.

About an hour and a half. The ponds about 15 to 20 feet deep. he didnt hace his tank so we free dove it. Ive got sinus issues w/ underwater pressure so I only went down once. then it was up to him. Remarkably it was right were we thought... just couldnt see 4 inches in front of your face. pitch black so it was found by feel.

Jim can you be sure to bring the generator as well please. Also, I saw in an old post, do we have oars?????? Bill and I were just discussing that we need one for the baot incase we have another situation like the last run.

Also, Bill, I think you still have Jims stereo if youd please bring that along Sunday.

Gracias amigos

And, Hugh had a brilliant yet obvious idea. lets plan on cutting a link inthe gate chain Sunday am. We will put a new lock from the chain to the county loc. that way they can open it as well as we can open it. Ill grab a lock. Infact, I may have one w/ a few keys. i will then call Susan Monday and discuss teh situation w/ her and tell her what I did and to please not remove our lock. We will assure her it will be secure at the end of each days run.

Quote Originally Posted by tiqueman View Post
    Jim can you be sure to bring the generator as well please. Also, I saw in an old post, do we have oars?????? Bill and I were just discussing that we need one for the baot incase we have another situation like the last run.

Also, Bill, I think you still have Jims stereo if youd please bring that along Sunday.

Gracias amigos
    We do have some oars but they are pretty much useless. Don't know if you've seen them before or not but were home made ones done by rchippie when he still owned the recovery boat.

Will do on the stereo.

Wow Scott, thats nuts. Keep your cool if that a-hole comes back. Lot of crazy people around these days, no telling what could happen. New chain and lock to keep him from vandalizing seems logical.
    Catching Air!

Also, I saw in an old post, do we have oars?????? Bill and I were just discussing that we need one for the boat in case we have another situation like the last run.
    Here are the "oars"....

KRd5c.jpg

I also have a canoe paddle that belongs to (I think) Jim.

Quote Originally Posted by RayR View Post
    There is a removable link on that chain, all you have to do is un-screw it.

A little WD-40 on it would be useful.
    I have WD-40 but don't own any bolt cutters.

Scott, I have a medical problem that just popped up. I don't know yet but may be in the hospital by Sunday. DAMN! I'll do my best to be there. Give the stereo to somebody that can use it. I bought it for the club and I don't need it back.

My car is already loaded with boats and generator.

Gracias amigos
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

hey scott where is my yellow and red cowel? lol its only 50 feet out past the stairs lol.....i assume that the a hole was blocking the west entrance by the white building?
    Last edited by ron1950; 11-11-2011 at 10:35 AM.
    MY RETIREMENT PLAN?????.....POWERBALL
    74 vintage kirby clasic hydro, pursuit mono, mg, 47'' mono, popeye hydro...

Dang Jim. Now what's happened to you?

On another note... if Jim doesn't want the stereo back, would anyone else in the club like to have it? I don't want or need it and stuck it in my rental storage unit to get it out of my way. I really don't want to pull it out of storage, haul it down to Ackerman on Sunday, then have to haul it back up and put it back into storage. Unless someone speaks up I'll just leave it in the stoarge unit and save myself a few steps.

Quote Originally Posted by RayR View Post
    There is a removable link on that chain, all you have to do is un-screw it.

A little WD-40 on it would be useful.
    Why havent we done that then???????

Quote Originally Posted by ron1950 View Post
    hey scott where is my yellow and red cowel? lol its only 50 feet out past the stairs lol.....i assume that the a hole was blocking the west entrance by the white building?
    Still 50 feet out passed the stairs and 15 feet under water. In the condition Hughs was in after 3 weeks, im sure you wouldnt want yours back. And yes, that building is the roofing place.

Quote Originally Posted by bill34207 View Post
    Dang Jim. Now what's happened to you?

On another note... if Jim doesn't want the stereo back, would anyone else in the club like to have it? I don't want or need it and stuck it in my rental storage unit to get it out of my way. I really don't want to pull it out of storage, haul it down to Ackerman on Sunday, then have to haul it back up and put it back into storage. Unless someone speaks up I'll just leave it in the stoarge unit and save myself a few steps.
    Bring it. We can use it, wether we get a stronger gen orfor time being we can use the speakers. Ill store it as I alreadt made a spot for it a while back in a cabinet in the garage.... somehow I havent filled that cabinet yet.

Why havent we done that then???????
    After hearing there is a removeable link I was wondering the same thing.
    I'll bring the stereo and WD-40.

Im gunna try and get down there tomorrow and check it out and or make any changes that may need done. if not Ill get there as early as possible Sunday am. I still say we all plan on using the parks entrance and not the roofing places.

Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast