Page 2 of 53 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: West Florida Model boat club, Sarasota, FL

Gentlemen,

Please add me to your mailing list and I will be up there on Nov 13th.

Thanks Ted Wachter
    Ted H. Wachter
    West Florida Model Boat Club
    East Texas RC Boaters

Welcome to the group Ted. You can find directions and a map for getting to Ackerman on our club website contacts page.
    http://www.wfmbc.com/WFMBC/Contact.html

I'll be there the 13th. Hope we get a break from the windy weather. I'll be picking up my boat from jim, and testing my new PTD.

I made it over here.

Larry
    Past NAMBA- P Mono -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Past NAMBA- P Sport -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Bump & Grind Racing Props -We Like Em Smooth & Wet

After two weekends back to back of near gale force winds I hope we get a break for the 13th as well. We're about due for a decent run day.

Glad to see you found us Larry.

Thanks for the compliments on the website Jim. Scott's been helping me rework some of the wording the past couple of days and supplied the new graphic for the home page. (gotta change it again in a few minutes)

No prob Scott. It's all part of getting it tweaked. I put up a few more pages in the photo gallery this morning. http://www.wfmbc.com/Gallery/Main.html I'm just about caught up now until our next run. Down to linking in the race vids from Riverview now.

Larry,
    Which size shirt was it you ordered? XXL with pocket? I'll be sure to bring it on the 13th.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by TRUCKPULL View Post
    I made it over here.

Larry
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

It's Wednesday and time to start planning. I sure do hope the front that's supposed to get here late Thursday doesn't mess up the weekend. I have lotsa testing to do. Reset the timing and endpoint calibration on the esc's in Goldfinger a couple of nights ago and want to see how it performs. Wanting to try some different props on my P boat and LSH. I plan to bring the Q cat and PTD as well.
    The Q, P mono and Goldie can handle some chop but sure would like to have some flat water for the LSH and PTD.

rudder blade.jpgHey Scott & Bill,
    I have 3 rudders for you guys to try out. I will bring them to the lake Sunday. Scott I will have the other stuff as well. The rudder at the bottom is the stock on from Scott. Any one of them should do well. Thanks Dave.

Awesome dave. And Ill have another rudder for you. that is IF your willing.

Ill be there... no idea what Im bringing. Probably just LSO and STD.

EDIT I think that top one is going to be a winner.

HUGH, Im not going to have that canopy painted unless a miracle happens by Saturday. Do you need me to bring it so you can race or did you get another. Still trying to coordinate a diver as well. One of them is working w/ me on a remodel tomorrow... If we get done early enough Ill see if I can drag him down there

Glad to see you get plugged in over here Dave. One of these days you're going to have to show up at Ackeman with a boat to run.
    I'll second the vote for the top rudder looking the most effective of the 3.

Scott,
    Bring the canopy so I can run on Sunday.

Thanks guys. Yea the top one was made after I made a jig to hold the material for the milling. Hopefully it will help with the turning problem. Will see :)
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by tiqueman View Post
    Ill be there... no idea what Im bringing. Probably just LSO and STD.
    Still no love from the Fightercat? I'll still bring my Q just in case. If I don't run it I can use the 6s packs in the Thunderbolt.

Quote Originally Posted by HRC View Post
    Thanks guys. Yea the top one was made after I made a jig to hold the material for the milling. Hopefully it will help with the turning problem. Will see :)
    Dave
    I'll have one available for testing it on.

Looks like the forecast is for 5 - 10mph winds out of the east for Sun -

Scott, I can bring an extra T180 or SF 240 if you want to try out that black cat.

Bill, I have the .187 collet for ya - I had it last time I just forgot to give it back.

I would defiantly make sure both recovery boat batteries are charged up. I'll bring an extra just in case. No B - Tow this week.

I'm bringing;

P Mono
    LSO
    LSH
    STD
    PTD
    1/8 hydro
    if I can get to it.

Quote Originally Posted by bill34207 View Post
    Still no love from the Fightercat? I'll still bring my Q just in case. If I don't run it I can use the 6s packs in the Thunderbolt.

I'll have one available for testing it on.
    Quote Originally Posted by RCKong View Post
    Looks like the forecast is for 5 - 10mph winds out of the east for Sun -

Scott, I can bring an extra T180 or SF 240 if you want to try out that black cat.

Bill, I have the .187 collet for ya - I had it last time I just forgot to give it back.

I would defiantly make sure both recovery boat batteries are charged up. I'll bring an extra just in case. No B - Tow this week.

I'm bringing;

P Mono
    LSO
    LSH
    STD
    PTD
    1/8 hydro
    if I can get to it.
    temporary brain fart. Ill be bringing that too. Ben sent an esc and programmer. Still need to solder it up though. Hopefully the mounted to board bullets dont give me any issues. Ill probably only charge one set of packs for it though.

Brian you got your PTD all ready to go????? Cant wait to see how she does. My new PTD hull showed up today, but may get another in the water before its done. Decided to make some hardware changes. I sold both DF cats. However one (the yellow undrilled) Im building for Deisel.

Ya, almost done - need to run cooling lines.
    100_8032.jpg100_8033.jpg100_8030.jpg
    I hope Ben can get my new CNC props to mr by this weekend...

Nice paint job

that looks SICK!!!! you suprise me sometimes B. this is one of those times simple yet blingy. will be very easy to see on the pond.

MUHHAHA...Thanks Bill, Scott

Its funny you did your like that.. remember the 80s offshore vhull team Ferrarri? yellow black and white. Its one of the options on how I was going to do mine.

DUDE...I had no idea - and was having trouble finding anything that matched. I ordered a carb kit from JEGS a couple of weeks ago and the decal was in the box, and it matched the paint nicely...they must have known.

My boat has the large rudder, we'll see how it works. I think the trouble with these cats turning ability lye's in the sponson configuration. I've noticed that cats with flat bottom sponsons corner better due to what I call the skipping effect. Kind like a flat stone skipping across the water. MC and MG handle in the corners great, both have flat sponsons. In fact I can corner at WOT sometimes when the wind is not a factor. The sponsons on the DF cat are not at a flat plane parallel to the water surface, so instead of skipping, they cut and dig the outside sponson in the corner. I see Ben has a new 41" Cat on the way with flat sponsons that I'm looking at. It will probably be my new Q Boat.

Explain this one then? I think it has a lot to do w/ the rudder. that little tfl blade just isnt enough to lock the a$$ end down. I think we are going to see a big difference w/ daves hard work.
    Attached Images Attached Images

That is a great action shot.
    Catching Air!

Lmao!
    Catching Air!

Page 2 of 53 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast