Page 13 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: West Florida Model boat club, Sarasota, FL

Since yesterday was a fairly calm day as far as winds go, I quietly took a ride back out to Encore this morning since the wind was pretty much howling out of the NNE.
    There was hardly a ripple on the lake at Encore. I'm pretty sure that at Ackerman, the whitecaps would have whitecaps today.

Hi guys. I really miss seeing everyone but I'm trying to stay off my feet as much as possible to give my back a break.
    Scott, I'm trying to get that DVD together for you but my computer isn't being real friendly right now.

Please let me know about a potential swap meet! I'm purposely hanging on to my stuff for that event rather than posting for sale online.

If you decide to have a club function like a cookout or something, let me know, I may venture down that way.

Merry Christmas and happy holidays to you all!
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Good to hear from you Jim. Merry Christmas to you and the rest of the Aquamaniacs.

Quote Originally Posted by sailr View Post
    Hi guys. I really miss seeing everyone but I'm trying to stay off my feet as much as possible to give my back a break.
    Scott, I'm trying to get that DVD together for you but my computer isn't being real friendly right now.

Please let me know about a potential swap meet! I'm purposely hanging on to my stuff for that event rather than posting for sale online.

If you decide to have a club function like a cookout or something, let me know, I may venture down that way.

Merry Christmas and happy holidays to you all!
    Merry Christmas to you too Jim. Hope yours is a good one.
    We still don't know any more about a swap meet at this time. So far other than Scott, Brian and myself talking there has been no mention of participation by anyone else. It's one of those things that 3 people can't do by themselves so it may be a dead horse.
    We had been talking about a cookout for the 1st but that may not come to be either. We found out Saturday that the grilles at Encore are no longer there so we're back to square one on that as well. Looks like a small handful of us are going to run there on New Years day anyways to take advantage of the smoother water and to entertain the community, but that's about it. So far the only ones to say we are going are Chris, Hugh and myself. BG doesn't count since he's already there. ;-)

I'm in for a swap meet after the 1st of the year, we have been getting quite a few new people coming out. We should set a date on the 4th Sunday of Jan. or the 2nd Sunday of Feb.

It would be great to have it on a test and tune date. 2nd Sunday in Feb sound good, and would allow enough time for others to join in.

Quote Originally Posted by bill34207 View Post
    Merry Christmas to you too Jim. Hope yours is a good one.
    We still don't know any more about a swap meet at this time. So far other than Scott, Brian and myself talking there has been no mention of participation by anyone else. It's one of those things that 3 people can't do by themselves so it may be a dead horse.
    We had been talking about a cookout for the 1st but that may not come to be either. We found out Saturday that the grilles at Encore are no longer there so we're back to square one on that as well. Looks like a small handful of us are going to run there on New Years day anyways to take advantage of the smoother water and to entertain the community, but that's about it. So far the only ones to say we are going are Chris, Hugh and myself. BG doesn't count since he's already there. ;-)
    I don't really have enough stuff to "swap" but I'd like to at least be involved as I could use a couple of things if available and offered at the right $. As to the grills at Encore, if I remember correctly I believe Brian said he could use one of his neighbors grills, if that wasn't the case, I have a Weber charcoal grill (and I'll bring the charcoal) that I previously offered to bring and I'd be more than happy to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by osprey21 View Post
    I don't really have enough stuff to "swap" but I'd like to at least be involved as I could use a couple of things if available and offered at the right $. As to the grills at Encore, if I remember correctly I believe Brian said he could use one of his neighbors grills, if that wasn't the case, I have a Weber charcoal grill (and I'll bring the charcoal) that I previously offered to bring and I'd be more than happy to do that.
    The gas grill is not an issue, I have several available to use. I would like have an idea of the number of people. We can run at my place or head up to the clubhouse if the numbers require that. LMK BG

Hey BG. Think you'll have your P boat by the 1st? Between you, Chris and me we should be able to make a class.

Hugh, I finally remembered to check the strut on the sprintcat. Mine is right at 1/4" above the bottom of the sponson.

The 2nd Sunday in February sounds good for a swap meet to me. Big question is who is willing to work at it? Unless it's going to be a "free for all, do what you wanna do" kind of thing, there will need to be some supervision by club members.

At this time I am planning to be there on the 1st.

Do we need to bring tables??
    How far do we have to carry our stuff??

Larry
    Past NAMBA- P Mono -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Past NAMBA- P Sport -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Bump & Grind Racing Props -We Like Em Smooth & Wet

Quote Originally Posted by TRUCKPULL View Post
    At this time I am planning to be there on the 1st.

Do we need to bring tables??
    How far do we have to carry our stuff??

Larry
    This would be better answered by Brian G but I'd say to bring your own tables for setting up in the pits. As a rough guess I'd say it's about 100 feet from the club house parking lot to the waters edge. I'm thinking we should be able to pit pretty close along the lakes edge.

Quote Originally Posted by bill34207 View Post
    This would be better answered by Brian G but I'd say to bring your own tables for setting up in the pits. As a rough guess I'd say it's about 100 feet from the club house parking lot to the waters edge. I'm thinking we should be able to pit pretty close along the lakes edge.
    No need to bring tables. There are about 10 banquet tables on site. BG

Guy's New to FE, only been down to check the club out once. Where is place located that you will be on the 1st? Would like to come down and check it out, jion the club and pay my dues.
    brian

Go back one page, post 358. Here's a copy & paste from the post.
    Anybody else who wants to run is welcome to come also. 800 Kay Rd., Bradenton on your GPS. Exit 220 on I 75. I am in site 1052, Encore RV Resort.

Hey Jim, hope you get to feelin better soon and can make an appearance in the near future.

Things have been nuts around here once again and w/ the holiday its only making things nuttier. There was talk about going out of town for New Years but it looking more like we will be sticking around here. So I should be there on the 1st.

2nd Feb sounds pretty good. If we are all in agreement w/ it, we need to start a new thread on it ASAP to get the word out.

Brian (Mohsb) looking forward to seeing you out there.

hey guys im looking foward to going out there on the 1st if i can i only have my sv27 right now but im going to get another and i need sugestions my price range is about 300 and my choices are a genesis artr only needs tx,rx and batts,hk hornet, or cracker box hull and i have to put all the hardwear ?

Starting to look like we may have a pretty healthy turnout for the 1st. I went and did a little snatch n grab from google to get a map for Encore and make lfe a little easier for folks not in our area.
    Attached Images Attached Images

sailr has a cracker hull for saie
    MY RETIREMENT PLAN?????.....POWERBALL
    74 vintage kirby clasic hydro, pursuit mono, mg, 47'' mono, popeye hydro...

who is that and where can i see it

Quote Originally Posted by dannybj26 View Post
    Jim, the founder of the club. Sailr is his screenname shoot him a pm. He lives in land o lakes

Quote Originally Posted by dannybj26 View Post
    What Scott said, and he has the minicatracing website as well.

Danny, I just read your post again. For what its worth, if your looking for a boat to race, we don't have a crackerbox class. The hk hornet is a handful of problems and id not recommend the genesis as 3 of us used to race them. They aren't competitive in race water. If you want a tunnel, I've got a really nice woodstuff that's 90% complete. OS lower with a ul1 motor. Super clean. PM me if you'd like more details and pics.

If I have time next week to get my tunnel put together, I will try and make it on the 1st.

a friend might sell me a df cyberstorm,the tunnels i know its all about handling the woodstuff is probably really good but (no offense) my only problem is that it looks a little ugly the vs1 or the top speed 3 look abit more sleek and fast just standing there , the cracker box is just for fun and some races here in miami

Im by far a tunnel guy, but Id say the woodstuff looks a lot like both you mentioned ... at least, I dont see a difference.
    Attached Images Attached Images

never mind i thought it was the otherones like this one
    https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...ight=woodstuff
    or this one https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...ight=woodstuff
    that look like a wierd tomato
    Last edited by dannybj26; 12-23-2011 at 09:04 AM.

yours looks good i was expecting the ones on my previous post the only thing is i think i prefer the monos better but i dont have anything against the cats,tunnels,riggers,hydros i like them but i think the mono is better for me

Hey Brian G. I stopped off by George's hobby shop in Palmetto on my way home this evening and mentioned that we were planning to run at Encore on the 1st. His son said he thought the water there was brackish (salt).
    Can you verify one way or the other if it is or isn't?
    Thanks
    Bill

FWIW - the aquatic plants I saw growing in the pond there don't grow in brackish water.

Page 13 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast