Page 11 of 53 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: West Florida Model boat club, Sarasota, FL

it would be fun to try bur it will greatlly backfire on me

I got one going around 60mph and when it flipped it went over 6' in the air and it nearly destroyed the boat. If you plan on running it that fast I suggest you reinforce the hull, or you won't have much of a boat left to run.

I had one running in the mid 50s at one point, but its not worth it. You can only run the boat in flat calm water. The money you will put into it to run those speeds, would be better spent on a boat that you can go out and run with others.

Hey Jeff. I got back to work yesterday. Checked the price on the 8404T4 and it's 416.18 dealer.

i think its better just to get maybe a genisis cat and push it to the high 80s than to force a sv 27 and it will look cooler

Quote Originally Posted by dannybj26 View Post
    i think its better just to get maybe a genisis cat and push it to the high 80s than to force a sv 27 and it will look cooler
    Speaking of "forcing"... 80+ with a Genesis hull is a rather lofty goal.

The GPS only reads the MAX speed that was acheived at any 1/10 of a second.
    That speed could of been hit when it fliped in the air.
    The GPS mounted in the rear of the boat, accelerated very fast when it flipped.
    Or the other posibilty, is that it was not reset after the car ride to the pond.
    Or was the GPS set on KPH instead of MPH.

Larry
    Past NAMBA- P Mono -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Past NAMBA- P Sport -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Bump & Grind Racing Props -We Like Em Smooth & Wet

Don't count on being happy with it. The hull can handle some speed on calm water and in a stright line, but it doesn't turn well or stay upright in any kind of chop. It's not a good race boat by any means. That's why those of us that had them don't have them any more.

Straight line speed and running in race waters at Ackerman is apples and oranges.

Quote Originally Posted by osprey21 View Post
    Straight line speed and running in race waters at Ackerman is apples and oranges.
    You got that right. (or maybe it's grapes to watermelons in the case of Ackerman)

LOL... you're right, grapes to watermelons would be a better analogy.

Who is heading out this Sunday? I have my P mono ready to go. It is a 34 Insane mono. Hope the wind is not blowing too much. I would also get signed up with your club if possible. Thanks Ted
    Ted H. Wachter
    West Florida Model Boat Club
    East Texas RC Boaters

Hard to say on what the wind will be doing Sunday, but I plan to be there with P mono and more.

I'll be there.

P-Mono, LSH and, Jon boat.

the wind will prob be there too lol...that cold front just went through here finally and dam its cold lol
    MY RETIREMENT PLAN?????.....POWERBALL
    74 vintage kirby clasic hydro, pursuit mono, mg, 47'' mono, popeye hydro...

Paper says it's going to be "breezy".... so I changed my avatar to reflect conditions at the pond. And it's 47 degrees here at my place.

I'll be there, 38 degrees at my house brrrrrrr time to move South. I'm bringing 1/8 scale hydro, Sprint Cat and Team Believer Cat to run Q Offshore. Leaving smaller boats at home.

On the good side the temps are supposed to get back into the 70's by Sunday. The airsport website is showing around 10 mph NNE for winds for Saturday. Sunday doesn't show yet.

42 here this am. Ill have LSO, and a twin or maybe two. Or if its breezy, just the bigger twin. Id like to have the time to get my Pursuit back together but I dont see it happening. Not sure how long Ill be able to stay Sunday though, Ive got some things going on that Ive got to get done.

Quote Originally Posted by tiqueman View Post
    Not sure how long Ill be able to stay Sunday though, Ive got some things going on that Ive got to get done.
    Did your little mono arrive yet? I have the rudder in my pit box so that I forget it. Be sure to remind me of it Sunday so I don't forget it while there.

Bill,

Were you serious about trying to make a 43" P-Twin?

Quote Originally Posted by RayR View Post
    Bill,

Were you serious about trying to make a 43" P-Twin?
    Hmmm looks like the forum isn't sending email notices (again) I just now spotted this. But yeah I was serious. May have just been from the flat water but that mhz sure was cornering nice in the video.
    If it can handle some race chop it would be LOTS better than my DF cat.

Hey... forums are back up.

Quote Originally Posted by bill34207 View Post
    Hey... forums are back up.
    Yeahh!!!

Although we had some challenging condidtions, today, still had a a lot of fun and a great turn out. Id like to welcome our newest member, Brian (Encoreman). And had I not slacked and forgot the forms, Ted (Teddyboy) would have been another, and will be the next. Its a pleasure having you both.

Some of us discussed a little more at the days end about having a gathering on the 1st of Jan. Brian (Kong) had asked me if I could bring my grill, to which I replied, "as long as we have the trailer by then." times running out for that as Dans got some paper work issues to resolve. Chris (Osprey) mentioned he had a smaller weber he could bring instead. Food, drinks, ... it may be nice to have a facility other than the bushes or a car door... sooooo I got to thinkin, any objections to having a lake day at my house? Lake is kinda odly shaped for the real big and fast boats, but its very well protected from the wind and we can set up a nice tri-ish oval course. Thoughts?

And one last thing, Brian came this way tody after running to help kick in some carpet for me (THANKS B!) and we discussed club funding and how to grow the bank. As weve all said before, it would be nice to be able to one day host an event. The account is far from drained but could always use more, and if we ran one event, w/ a portolet, fencing etc, it would be close to drained rather quickly. The addition of new members is obviously going to help a bit. Since ive taken over the only expense weve had is the trolling motor part and the new battery for it. So, id like to get some opinions and ideas from all of you. Brian and I thought maybe $5.00 per person to run on race days? Brian originally said $5. per class w/ a $15. cap, but I thought if we did $5. per person on race day, that would help to grow the bank. We still need quite a few things before we can host, and cant invite outsiders really to come race against us and charge them since we do not have the necessities to make us 100% NAMBA legal to do so.

Thoughts, ideas????

id suggest u check and see what the county can do for ya....the state park they run in here in ms will put up fences etc for the two races they have here each year..they even come down and cook breckfest and lunch for a fee of course......that way all the race fees go to the club and they can add up fast that way......just my 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by ron1950 View Post
    id suggest u check and see what the county can do for ya....the state park they run in here in ms will put up fences etc for the two races they have here each year..they even come down and cook breckfest and lunch for a fee of course......that way all the race fees go to the club and they can add up fast that way......just my 2 cents
    Wish we had that fantasy living here... I would not expect ANYTHING from the county, neither sarasoa OR Manatee. Look how long we tried to get them to do stairs... we finally said "Screw-em" and did it ourselve.

Also Ron, I had a bag o parts w/ me today that I had last time and forgot to give them to you. Are you already back in MS?

ya back for a weeek now...thought wthe wind would die down when i left but guess not lol.....anything worth selling?

probably not, the 37mm props and a UBEC and some misc stuff, bullet connectors, "Y" cooling splitter from the original plumbing in the App...

Although we had some challenging condidtions, today, still had a a lot of fun and a great turn out. Id like to welcome our newest member, Brian (Encoreman). And had I not slacked and forgot the forms, Ted (Teddyboy) would have been another, and will be the next. Its a pleasure having you both.

Some of us discussed a little more at the days end about having a gathering on the 1st of Jan. Brian (Kong) had asked me if I could bring my grill, to which I replied, "as long as we have the trailer by then." times running out for that as Dans got some paper work issues to resolve. Chris (Osprey) mentioned he had a smaller weber he could bring instead. Food, drinks, ... it may be nice to have a facility other than the bushes or a car door... sooooo I got to thinkin, any objections to having a lake day at my house? Lake is kinda odly shaped for the real big and fast boats, but its very well protected from the wind and we can set up a nice tri-ish oval course. Thoughts?

And one last thing, Brian came this way tody after running to help kick in some carpet for me (THANKS B!) and we discussed club funding and how to grow the bank. As weve all said before, it would be nice to be able to one day host an event. The account is far from drained but could always use more, and if we ran one event, w/ a portolet, fencing etc, it would be close to drained rather quickly. The addition of new members is obviously going to help a bit. Since ive taken over the only expense weve had is the trolling motor part and the new battery for it. So, id like to get some opinions and ideas from all of you. Brian and I thought maybe $5.00 per person to run on race days? Brian originally said $5. per class w/ a $15. cap, but I thought if we did $5. per person on race day, that would help to grow the bank. We still need quite a few things before we can host, and cant invite outsiders really to come race against us and charge them since we do not have the necessities to make us 100% NAMBA legal to do so.

Thoughts, ideas????[/QUOTE]

With regards to NEW YEARS DAY, I checked with the park manager today and was given permission for the club to run at Encore RV Resort on Jan 1. We have water, buoys, retrieval boat, washrooms, 3 huge gas grills, heated pool, covered eating area,tables and chairs, etc. You would just have to bring your boats, food and drink. I will require some notice in order to get the course in shape. Talk it over and let me know. Brian G.
    2009 to date 265.jpg

Page 11 of 53 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast