Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brand New Pro Boat Mystic 29 up in smoke !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gzee View Post
    thinking of getting a mystic can you tell a newbe why they would say the venom 2s 5000 40c was the wrong battery?
    Unless they're a hardcase pack they should be fine. Who told you they were the wrong pack?

they were talking about batts. and blown esc's. >another question why should you not use hardcase packs

I use two of these esc's in my twin mono and some rather large props. So far they are are great.

What we are seeing is that esc companies are starting to shy away from wanting to warranty burned up esc's like that.
    There reasoning is that all of them are power cycled/tested at the max loads. So they are assuming that if that's the case, they should run fine if run at their respective ratings. Is it right or is it wrong? I'm not sure. Just passing along some info.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Thanks
    GZ

Just to add on this conversation I am running my Pro Boat Mystic with two 2S hardcase 5000mAh 50C batteries from "John the Battery Guy" and a X642 balanced prop. I am not having any issues with heat, motor, ESC and batteries are almost as cool as when I put the boat in the water. HOWEVER, I am having issues with the ESC. First time motor just quit, released the throttle for about 10-15 seconds and she ran fine for about another several minutes, then quit again. This repeated in about the same time sequence two more times until I brought it in. All cool as a cucumber. Day two, running boat about 5 minutes and it went full throttle, no rudder control. Luckily my lake has a thick layer of weeds around most of the shore and boat went in weeds vice bank at full bore. Motor cotinued to run full speed and then I thought to try reverse on the transmitter (I know the ESC has no reverse) and the motor stopped. After several seconds I had full control and ran the boat, which was on the other side of the lake, out of the weeds and to me. Opened hatches up and all electronics and batteries still cool as a cucumber. So if Pro Boat thinks there ESC fails because of too much pro, not enough battery or whatever excuse they find, they are crazy unless an X642 is too much prop and I don't think so.

Can you give me any more info on John the Battery Guy like prices ect.

Oh, him again. Are you getting 20 minute runtimes out of those packs? FYI, they're Gens Ace packs with a new sticker on them. Look closely at this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PRO-BOAT-MYS...ht_4642wt_1110

And then at this:

http://www.hobbypartz.com/98p-50c-50...case-2222.html

20 minutes? Yeah, no.

Quote Originally Posted by BBQSteve View Post
    So if Pro Boat thinks there ESC fails because of too much pro, not enough battery or whatever excuse they find, they are crazy unless an X642 is too much prop and I don't think so.
    The X642 is too much prop for that 1800KV system for anything longer than a 2-3 minute racing situation, especially if you haven't replaced the 3.5mm contacts on the motor/ESC... That prop has a high pitch ratio and loads the 1800 system too much for "sport" running...
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Just going to say that because i just got Gens Ace 5000mAh 40c for $34 from Hobby Partz.Same batt. just his sticker .

Yup, other than the sticker, my GA 5aH 45c packs are identical, including the charging harness that he sends with them. Don't use that harness in the boat, though. The bullets aren't going to handle 65 amps for long. I made new harnesses with 12g wire and Castle bullets. His must have some magic to be getting 20 minutes, I get 6 minutes.

Darin,

I don't know what race situation has to do with it, but my Mystic running stock and a X642 prop with the 50C 5000mah batteries will run as cool as a cucumber greater than 6 minutes full speed in an oval. Anyone in the Tidewater area is welcome to come watch anytime. I know you have more experience with these electrics, but I am just telling it as it is.

sft2, I think that 20 minute thing is a copy from one of his car ads where you run one battery at a time for 20 minutes total. Anyway I'm happy with my performance.

Not sure why you guy's are so into the hard case batteries. if you get them wet they are pretty difficult to dry out unless these cases are better than the ones I have seen
    JIm
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham

Jim, I only use hardcase ROAR packs because I have them left over from my Slash. The next packs I order will be nekkid. My two best packs spent a few hours underwater last weekend and seem dry and perfectly functional, though.

Not into hardcase, just what I ordered for what I thought was a good price for what I wanted. I keep the water out of my hulls.....or at least try to.

I had to order hard packs also but they did not come with the harness they gave me the option for direct wired.Won't be able to use them for awhile still frozen around here but hope to get decent run times with them on a Motley C.

burned up mg.jpgburned up mg1.jpg

So this was today, stock motor and esc with a 445 prop in my buddies MG - any thoughts? I thought the 445 was fine and I am running it on my Mystic and it is fine as long as the ECS doesnt take charge of my throttle and run it into the bank as it did today - seaking on the way!
    Chris

stock mg esc is only a 45amp esc...was it a m445 or x445?
    MY RETIREMENT PLAN?????.....POWERBALL
    74 vintage kirby clasic hydro, pursuit mono, mg, 47'' mono, popeye hydro...

My Mystic had a dud esc from the time i brought it out of the box,emailed the seller just to explain sometimes things just don't go straight outa the box ,not expecting refund but they put money back into my paypal for my trouble,which was appreciated ,they payed me back on my word it was stuffed,lucky i had turnigy 120amp to drop in,and away again,im nu to all this,i find the mystic really stable on the water. im wrapped with mine..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12