Thread: Looking for clubs in va.

Default Looking for clubs in va.

I have been in rc boats for a long time i live in va and looking for any clubs or racing events thanks

What part of Virginia are you in?? We've got two IMPBA clubs in VA. One in Northern VA and one in the Norfolk area.

I live in stafford va not far from northern va

Okay, You're not too far. Your closest club is the Capitol RC Model Boat Club. Our pond is in Centreville, VA. We're members of IMPBA District 12. We try to have club test'n tunes a few times a month when the weather cooperates but the weather has been a real pain the last few months. We hold a district race in the end of June. There are four other district races spread throughout the distict during the Spring-Fall. They are in Hagerstown, MD, Queenstown MD, Greensboro NC and Chesapeake VA. We run Gas, Nitro and FE boats. LMK if you need any info on what classes we race.

Click on the links in my signature for the Club and District web sites.

come on and join in paul we are a great bunch of guys. everyone is always willing to help out also check out www.intlwaters.com

Yes I'll check it out I have both gas an brushless Stryker y6 and ul-1 I live right on the Potomac river so I just use boats here but I wood love to race. Thank for the info

Things are winding down for the season but keep in touch and I'll keep you up to date on whats cooking. Also keep an eye out for any threads dealing with District 12.

The UL1 RTR could run in our "P-Spec Hydro" class but just to warn you that the hull is not the most durable in racing conditions. We've seen more than a few get trashed. On the brite side the UL1 motor and speed controller run in two of our Spec classes where we specify what motors can be run. We run them in tunnel hulls, outriggers as well as sport hydro hulls. The Y-6 can run in our Gas Mono and Open offshore class with any gas motor. We also have a stock gas class which requires a stock cast gas motor such as the Zenoah 260.

Yea I've already figured that out on my second hull but they did warranty it I'll probably upgrade to a insane hull first before I start racing I have my own boat repair business on real boats so I might take the ul-1 and do some glass work on it I think I can make it stronger but you are right it is a cheap hull very thin but it's fast.

Me and another guy in the club have the Insane FE30. Great running hull.