Thread: New Stiletto..Painting, propping and mods! (Let's race!)

Default New Stiletto..Painting, propping and mods! (Let's race!)

Just got my Stilleto today...now in paint

Marked off my proposed battery tray mod and new 1/8 ply lid. Lower profile..easier taping. Post pics as I do it.

IMAG0685.jpg

Up next...sponson sharpening...lightening as best you can on this RTR...Prop tests. LET'S RACE!!!

YOU GOT SUGGETIONS!!! LET'S HER IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

good stuff keep us posted

Still painting! I pick to difficult of schemes. I'm trying to match the paint on my new mysyic cat.

Well, went started a new hatch cover mod. 1/8 ply sealed. 3 pieces as shown. Front and rear smaller pieces will be epoxied with the middle piece being the new hatch. Way easier to tape over stock, plus the top of the cover will end up around 1/8- inch lower than stock plastic (no cable rub).IMAG0688.jpgIMAG0689.jpg

IMAG0690.jpg

Front and rear ply epoxied in and bondo'ed. Some sanding then I will paint everything.

IMAG0695.jpg

Painted hatch on boat. Waiting to dry...and that's the hardest part for me.

I like your mod idea. I was thinking of doing something similar...but actually raising the the battery box walls so they are even with the front radio box. This way the control lines are under the lid.

One question...when you cut the walls down, is there a gap between the fiberglass at that point?

Keep the pics coming!

While you're making mods, consider removing the cables and using a waterproof servo at the rear. I've done this and really like the difference in control.

That's a great modification for the hull hold. I've been trying to figure out ways to keep mine sealed. Perhaps it's time to fabricate a new hatch. Love that idea!
    FighterCatRacing Team CHING BLING - Ching Bling. Brilliant, Advanced Sparkle for your hull.

all great ideas, these will give me plenty to do over the winter

IMAG0696.jpgIMAG0697.jpgIMAG0698.jpg

Thanks guys. I'm really liking the mod. Cable clerance is good now.

Barmonkey - I took about 1/8 to 3/16 off the top edges of the compartment and there was no gap between the fiberglass inner and outer walls. Everything was good and solid.

Fightercat - Yeah I've been toying with the servo in the back mod. If I did that I'de also look into moving receiver into battery box. Probably will do that later on. I just want to get her on the water.

IMAG0761.jpgIMAG0760.jpgIMAG0759.jpg
    Almost finished. Needs some lettering and adjusting. I did the copper shaft tube mod and will put my modded x642 on it.