Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TP power motors

Thank you Martin, good to know as I don't know it all obviously!!
    Nortavlag Bulc

Quote Originally Posted by Diegoboy View Post
    So... Why shouldn't the wires be cut? Is the length of the wire leads contributing to the resistance/impedance in some way as to alter it's intended design??
    I have cut leopard wires before, removed the coating from the wire and soldered bullets back on. No issues
    This is fine for those experienced like you and I knowing how to properely clean the enamel off magnet wire but, not so good for those with little electrical experience. You do slightly change the impedence but, I have no idea how much or what if any problems it would cause. Obviously you know what you are doing but, even myself I can't be bothered to cut & strip that wire, too much pita.

Cool.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Thanks Ray, I didn't think it changed enough to worry about, and yes it is a real pain to do but I like neat wires.
    "A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by floatn turd View Post
    I have a 4050 1160Kv in my MC w/240amp and run on 8s=
    Any vid?
    Everything that has a beginning, has an End

Quote Originally Posted by Drax21 View Post
    Any vid?
    Man, I don't. I'm a one man show, no friends do this crap and girl friend has no interest to go to the lake and RC watch a grown man play with "toys". So the only way to get video is to tape a camera to my forehead like a fool. But it does scoot. I am on the hunt for a cheap used GPS at some point. There is a picture of the boat(the inside) in the "Motley Crew" section under "tested my boat today" or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by floatn turd View Post
    Man, I don't. I'm a one man show, no friends do this crap and girl friend has no interest to go to the lake and RC watch a grown man play with "toys". So the only way to get video is to tape a camera to my forehead like a fool. But it does scoot. I am on the hunt for a cheap used GPS at some point. There is a picture of the boat(the inside) in the "Motley Crew" section under "tested my boat today" or something like that.
    I have seen some people attaching a video camera to the TX and looking through the screen to video the action. I am also normally a one man show or I drag my family out the Lake
    I seem to have the best runs when there is no one to video it.....
    Everything that has a beginning, has an End

Me too(one man,best runs).I have a Contour mounted on the brim of a hat but that sucks for distance,but great for filming(always watching the boat).I am attempting the Tx thing with a cam with zoom but want to do the hat thing with it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by martin View Post
    Not quite the same motor but i have a Leopard 4074-2200kv with the end caps removed & the winding is 1/2" short of the end of the can. Ill put up a couple of close up shots of inside the motor in an hour or so time to compare the Leopard with the TP you have. Martin.
    Well that's interesting....
    Sounds like the TP motors are the same and maybe better?
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Im happy with my TP.
    Maybe I will try the tx thing or just pick me up "film-guy" in the parking lot of Home Depot for the day.

Anyone have any performance measures between the TP 5692 vs Leopard 5692? Price wise it's a sizable price difference. Just wondering if performance wise they're both on par?

hi

does the TP motor 56 series similar to Turnigy 56 series? I have the turnigy and I cant identify the mounting screw as I cant fit in the 4mm, the 3mm can fit in but seem to be loose. Are there any 3.5mm screw?
    Stiletto tunnel,EPV135 (53") twin cat, CT06"Spirit of Qatar", FD 47" mono, Twin Mini Cat 23.5"

Yes you can get 3.5mm screws, also a lot of motors come with threads tapped oversize so they may be 3mm thats oversized & 3mm is then loose in the threads. Some screws also come undersize as well ecspecially cheap Chinese screws so the combination make for very loose tolerences.

There are M3 in coarse and fine thread. M3.5 also.

M3 coarse is .5 Pitch. M3.5 coarse is .6 Pitch. So if its screwing it right now with an M3 coarse then you got the right screws.

The M3 & M3.5 fine is both .35 Pitch.

Oversize tap drill usually causes loose threads. Generally speaking if the hole was drilled correctly you should have 75% thread engagement. When you start reducing that it allows the screws to wobble around more and takes away the amount the screws can hold.

Use removable loctite. Dont over torque them. You will be fine (unless they are mega loose)

I removed my front plate, drilled & tapped to 4mm.

I would not use 3mm bolts in those holes unless you get more than the 40-60% engagement with TP power 56 series motors.

The 40 series have good threads.

It's allot better off with 4mm insted of loose 3mm bolts that could strip.

This is a manuf. defect IMO.

If you do use their threads, beter to use all 6 mounting bolt holes because if you just use 2 I will almost guarantee the motor will rip out of the mount on first run.
    Nortavlag Bulc

I have a 4092/2200kv on the way that's going in my ofna DM1 spec E. If anyone's curious about RPM tolerance, I will find out. I expect it to work well, but you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by keithbradley View Post
    I have a 4092/2200kv on the way that's going in my ofna DM1 spec E. If anyone's curious about RPM tolerance, I will find out. I expect it to work well, but you never know.
    Do you know what the wind is? I can't find any info on the wind types for the TP 4092 motors.
    Scott Tapsall
    Pine Rivers Model Powerboat Club - Facebook Page
    My Gallery

Someome mentioned in the Wye Delta thread that in the back if the wire come out with no soldering inside & heat shrink then it is possily a Y and if it has soldering inside and heat shrink it is possibly a delta or D wind.
    This is what I read, not what I know to be 100% true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott T View Post
    Do you know what the wind is? I can't find any info on the wind types for the TP 4092 motors.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Quote Originally Posted by Basstronics View Post
    There are M3 in coarse and fine thread. M3.5 also.

M3 coarse is .5 Pitch. M3.5 coarse is .6 Pitch. So if its screwing it right now with an M3 coarse then you got the right screws.

The M3 & M3.5 fine is both .35 Pitch.

Oversize tap drill usually causes loose threads. Generally speaking if the hole was drilled correctly you should have 75% thread engagement. When you start reducing that it allows the screws to wobble around more and takes away the amount the screws can hold.

Use removable loctite. Dont over torque them. You will be fine (unless they are mega loose)
    I try using the m3.5 screw, but it doesn't fit, so I just use the m3 screw instead which the only screw that can fit in, after a few run and crash it once, seem to be ok.
    Stiletto tunnel,EPV135 (53") twin cat, CT06"Spirit of Qatar", FD 47" mono, Twin Mini Cat 23.5"

Just to let you all know that the Turnigy T56xx series are all 6 poles motor as I've ask my friend to identify it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12