Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Az Winter Warmups VIII Feb 24th-26th

It looks like my Motor Home will not have the tags for the trip. what hotel is every one staying at?
    Randy
    For ABS, Fiberglass, Carbon hulls and Stainless hardware
    BBY Racing

Quote Originally Posted by RandyatBBY View Post
    It looks like my Motor Home will not have the tags for the trip. what hotel is every one staying at?
    Close to pond, cheap (@$50/nite) - most of the guys stay at better hotels, but this is the lowest priced one. Not far from where the others stay.

http://www.motel6.com/reservations/m....aspx?num=1315
    Last edited by properchopper; 02-20-2012 at 12:31 PM.
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Geez - $50.00 a night Motel6. I would not have minded that at all. Now if I could find a $50.00 a day car rental.

Tony - do you have my cell number yet? Lets trade numbers by PM if you would like. We should hook up Thursday night.

Doug
    Doug Peterson
    IMPBA 19993
    www.badgerboaters.com

Well it's 73 hours before Lenny announces : "Tape 'em up, Boys " ! Really looking forward to this year; some new friends to meet and old ones to embrace. Should be a rip roarin' time, as usual. For the first time ever there'll be som Joizey Skiff action - three, maybe four in the class I'll be bringing an IB34 for the raffle too

Safe travels to all & I'll see Ya' reel soon,

Tony
    Team Bondo Racing
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Lenny's actually 96 hours away (Saturday). On Friday, I almost had Kelly Brooks on board CDing!!! But, he's in Colorado and won't be back until Saturday. He may make an appearance Sunday.

We've got Jay Stone and JC Greenlee making it from El Paso to spectate and run a little. Robert and Dave Holland will be in from Colorado. Again, not running, but it will be good to see these guys and it's nice to have them inolved w/our event. We'll probably have some very good digital photos and video of the event, too.
    Last edited by D. Newland; 02-21-2012 at 04:42 PM.

Got my tags today The Motor Home will be rolling tomorrow!
    Randy
    BBY Racing

Well I am still painting two boats and a lot of work to do to make it. I do not think I am prepared enough to be able to make it. If I just had another week. Have fun guys and good luck.
    Randy
    BBY Racing

Just sent you an email, Randy. Sorry for missing your call. No worries!

Hey Dave, Tony, see you guys Fri!

Leaving at 0' dark 30 should be in AZ tomorrow after noon!

Hitting the road in 90 min. Weather looks GREAT ! http://www.weather.com/weather/5-day/USAZ0207?role=

Safe travels to all.

YOWZAH

Here are a few pics from today. Hotel is restricting me from uploading videos - I will have to wait and upload them Sunday night when I get home..

Jay-Great shots!

Some quick highlights...

P-Offshore. Very fast racing on a tight course. Ted McKay was very consistent with his Cyberstorm, but it seemed that Peterson's Titan had the speed. A DNF late in 1 round cost him the win. I got 3 solid rounds in to take the class.

P-Sport Hydro. Hats of to Jim Osborne, who put together an Insane (set up for P-Ltd) and got 3 solid finishes to win the class! I guess he's watched race long enough to know how important consistency is...ending that one in a preposition.

P-Ltd Mono. What a complete blast! 2 full heats, sometimes running 7 boats. Zero carnage. Many different types of boats running, from Delta 25's to Cyberstorms to No-Steps to Jet Joppers. I forgot to look at the final points, but I think Peterson got this one with a very fast boat...I just can't remember what he ran..?? It's bigger than my Delta 26 and we had one of the best heats in my recent memory, with me ending up on my lid at lap 5.5. It was tight and full of getting a visual of your boat through anothers roostertail in the back stretch.

P-Ltd Hydro. For the 3rd race in a row, Howard's rigger is going home as a bag of parts...He and Proulx got tangled up, and that was the only carnage all day. Proulx's Raptor rigger was fast, but I think the flightyness got him in round 2. Pete's JAE is very fast, but he had issues getting started, but finished on my ass in 2 heats. I was able to get 3 strong finishes for the win.

Sat/Sun: P-Ltd OPC, P mono, LSH, P-Ltd Offshore, 1/10th scale and Jersey Skiff! Tony's so excited he leaked a little in his shorts that Skiff's are running.

Awesome pics and commentary.I can't wait to see some vid Stone.
    Oh Yeah,Happy Racing boys.
    Last edited by srislash; 02-25-2012 at 09:34 AM.

Looks like a ton of fun.

I really appreciate the photos of the PEOPLE involved in the event. Seems we focus a lot on the boats. Turning the camera on the PEOPLE and personalities involved in this hobby might help break down they mystery a little bit and perhaps let others realize that we are all just normal people... (well... we're actually all CRAZY, but normal in the sense of being humans... ).
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Day 2 -

Hello stonerracing,

Pictures look really great. I saw the JetChopper30 mono hull in the background of some picture. I made it. It was the first made item and the first present in a race. Hope to see how it is in the action.

Happy rc boat racing,

Leo

Quick notes about Saturday.

P-Ltd Offshore. Some very good driving today. Nobody is running away with it, so we'll see what tomorrow brings (3 more rounds for all classes that ran today). Howard Tucker continues being very consistent, as does Kim McKay!

OPC. Proulx is undefeated with his 295. Man, it's a sweet running tunnel. Pete W has one as well, and they both can run! Pete just needs to watch for dead boats...it's the second year he's hit Peterson's dead boat...

LSH. Peterson is undefeated with his Whip. It's smooooooth. Howard and I are trying to challenge, but I just end my heats saying, "I've got nothin'". We're seeing much better racing and consistent racing over P-Sport from yesterday. Sean Cordova is still tweaking his Whip, and he later did some open water with his Q sport hydro. Davis, you guys need to square off one of these days.

P Mono. Holy crap. There are some great running boats. 3 Titans, including Kelly Brooks "Budweiser" Titan that is now owned by Dave Zelinka, is barely on top right now. Peterson and I are on his tail point-wise, also with Titans, and Ted McKay is right there with his Cyberstorm. The speed and handling these guys are getting w/these hulls is impressive. The best heat I watched was between teammates Dave Z and Pete W, Titan vs Cyberstorm, with Dave's Budweiser hull flying around the course. Pete spent 5 laps chasing him, then Dave spun out. Pete dang near gets the lead, but Dave holds off for the win by a boat length.

Jersey Skiff. My mistake, I should have advised that it was 1/6" Scale JS, as Dick Roberts pulled the tarp off his his gas Jersey Skiff that he converted to electric! He went up against Tony and Pat and it was a site to see. Tony was actually holding him off for a number of laps. Dick ended up with catastrophic ESC failure, so Tony and Pat had the rest of the day to themselves without the big bully turning the course.

1/10th Scale. Running good! Dick's Circus Circus is beautiful and we're working right now to get Leonard back on track for tomorrow. He forgot his Tx charge chord.

We ended today just after 3:00, so we had a relaxing afternoon with a little open water and a lot of jabbering, then a nice steak dinner!

We'll do it all again tomorrow.

Thanks for the updates and the pictures... Looks like fun!!! Maybe next year for me!

Later,
    Ball

Looks great guys . Good luck to all the racers.

Jason Sims

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast