Thread: 40 mph, so far....

Default 40 mph, so far....

Hi guys,

Just got a gps for my boat was surprised on the speeds recorded, as it looks and feels faster!

With 6 cell nimhs and a 42x55 prop speed was 35.4 mph and
    with 7 cell nimhs and a 42x55 prop speed was 40.1 mph!
    Thats witha Ammo 2300kv motor

I did order a 45mm and 47mm cfn prop from kintec, but they lasted a couple of minutes before they both snapped!
    I take it they wern't the carbon fibre ones? they looked like the original plastic one?

Tone

Its abit worrying to hear about those prop as ive just ordered the cf42 &45 and hope they arent easily breakable like that
    UK newbie to FE boats....go easy on me

Quote Originally Posted by makin' waves View Post
    Hi guys,

Just got a gps for my boat was surprised on the speeds recorded, as it looks and feels faster!

With 6 cell nimhs and a 42x55 prop speed was 35.4 mph and
    with 7 cell nimhs and a 42x55 prop speed was 40.1 mph!
    Thats witha Ammo 2300kv motor

I did order a 45mm and 47mm cfn prop from kintec, but they lasted a couple of minutes before they both snapped!
    I take it they wern't the carbon fibre ones? they looked like the original plastic one?

Tone
    Those props (45 & 47) are going to be getting to large on that motor. The issue is your batteries are limiting your performance. With that motor and on 4s you boat should be into the 50s if trimmed right. The batts are the downfall in your setup, until you jump to lipos your still going to be limited regardless of what you do.

Quote Originally Posted by leeuk View Post
    Its abit worrying to hear about those prop as ive just ordered the cf42 &45 and hope they arent easily breakable like that
    The don't. There pretty reliable for non metal props.They work good.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet
    "It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves"

Thanks mate,cant wait to try em and new water jacket
    UK newbie to FE boats....go easy on me

Hey Diesel,

Why do you think both of mycf props only lasted a minute or so? I didn't tighten then to tight.
    The cfn props from kintec looked just like the same material as the stock prop, do they have carbon in them?

I've just orderd to more from OSE so i'll see how they go. (and it does say that these do have cabon in them)

lastly what if i get some 8 10 or even 12 cell nimh packs? then I should be upto to power of lipo? but with obviously more wieght.

Tone