Thread: cutting out

Default cutting out

Hi guys problem with my F1 after 2mins running it stops leave it for 2mins and its o.k again its standard and doesnt seem to be getting hot its running 7.4 2s li pos any ideas

Not enough information. Exactly what cells - brand, capacity and "C" rating - are you running? I assume that you are running two, 2S packs in series. What prop are you running? How are you running it - constant throttle or a lot of on-and-off the throttle running? After it starts again, how long does it run before you quit? Have you re-programmed anything?

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Hi Fluid li po tunigy 3800 2s 2535mah times 2 standard prop flat out straights long slower turns im new to this boat not taking chances yet, once it stops its about a minute before it goes again, no re-programming. thanks for reply

I'm sorry, I don't understand what you mean. You have 3800 mAh cells, or 2835 mAh cells? After the boat stops then starts again, how long does it run before you bring it back to shore? How are you timing your runs, with a watch or just guessing?
    ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

sorry for the misunderstading 2-3800 turnigy 25-35mah once it stops its about a minute before it starts again it will go for 2mins and stops guessing the time it only started to do this last time out before this it ran o.k only thing ive done is grease drive cable with rc marine grease

I had this problem not so long back,turned out to be a range problem with the new tx I had bought,changed tx,now ok.....

thanks for that i have another tranny i will give it a try

boat o.k now turned out to be tranny batteries low even though they were new. set of re-chargeables solved it

Glad your sorted out now..
    Iam who Iam, except this and we will get along fine..

This boat is going to use around 2400 mAh in a 1-Mile heat race... That's about 1:30 to 1:45 max... 3800 mAh is marginal at best for over 2:00 minutes of run time.

May be other issues, but if you are putting more than 2500-2800 mAh back into the packs, I'd suggest you may be hitting the LVC. If it's programmed for a hard-cutoff, then it'll stop. I think you can program it for a "slow-down", which will slow the boat instead, and give you a chance to get it back to shore.
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Thanks Darin the boat is totally bog standard. when it stopped if left for a minute it would regain full power and could always be brought back, i ran it yesterday with new tranny batts. and its perfect. i dont race it I drive it as hard as i feel confident to do im still quite new to boats and partucularly the F1 so still finding its limits