Thread: stock BJ26 w/ 3s?

Default stock BJ26 w/ 3s?

i'm thinking of getting a BJ26.
    Q: will it take 3s lipo using stock powerplant?
    i have quite a few 3s. though i have a pair of 6cell nimh w/ 3600mah.
    what would be the run times w/ nimh that i have?
    thanks.

hello the stock bj26 comes wired for 2 battery packs in series. The max packs you can run safely with the stock esc and prop is 2 X 2s packs = 4s. The boat comes alive abit with this configuration. Dont even waste your time and money trying to run 2 X 3s packs like the ones you have. You have about a 90% chance it will blow the ESC at a minimum and possibly other stuff. Take it from experience.

When i blew mine it took the servo and the throttle channel of my receiver. Oops expensive!! Anyway with that boat and some handling mods, trimmed correctly and a couple of props and you can squeeze 40+ mph out of it using some good 2s packs.

hope this helps

thanks.
    i was thinking more like 3s in par = 3s x2 the mah. well, i guess it'd be slower than recommended.
    gotta read more.
    thanks again.

you could runs 2X 3s in parallel but you will have to change the the stock wiring harness b/c if it is stock then it is wired in series. It will give you longer run times but will be slower than running 2 x 2s in series = 4s. There is a very good thread called "fixing the BJ 26 handling issues" in this forum. It gives some tips on a couple mods that will increase the cornering abilities of the hull. IMO the "new" version of the bj (2.4 ghz) with the offset rudder is perfectly fine for steering so I just lowered and moved the battery trays. I makes a noticiable difference in handling.

another thank you.
    yes, i did went thru the BJ26 mods thread.
    thanks again.

and they're on sale!!!!! almost 2 bucks less per day, the last 5 days monitoring.
    https://www.greathobbies.com/product...rod_id=PRB3300
    3 left. or 2bucks less for tomorrow and so on......

Hey if you need to purchase the pro boat programming card PRB3311 I happen to have an extra I can sell you for $15.00 shipped to Lower 48. You definitley need one if you are going to run lipos with the stock ESC. This pogramming module is used in the Pro Boat Miss Geico and Mystic as well. They usually sell for 19.99 plus shipping.

thanks megalops. but i did not go thru the blackjak way.
    thanks again.

You can still have some fun running your BJ26 on 11.1v. if you trim it out well you can get it alittle faster than the videos of mine but i didnt want to change my setup just to run 3s. Its great for when its too rough out or your running in a small pond!

http://youtu.be/MJsCXjL9Yac
    http://youtu.be/PzPjbPnuQu0