Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gutted my Impulse....Here's what I'm doing!

Finally got to run her yesterday! Had to say I was a bit nervous of it just going up in a puff of smoke but all went well! So I ran a Leopard 4074,seaking 180,2 x 4s1p 4000mah 30-40c and a octura m445 (b,s,p by ice329(joey)) I met some new friends and they invited my wife and I out to test the boat on their private lake(second lake a little narrower up behind this one!)and we had a blast and they welcome us back anytime!!! Ran for a minute and checked temps...115* on everything! Ran it for a few more minutes with a flip/crash in between and temps stayed at 115*! Took on water even before the crash but luckily I waterproofed everything so it's all good! I need to add up run time from videos but when I checked batts they were both at 3.78.

Everything I do I learn something new!

Thanks for the videos, what a nice place to run your boat! you sure had fun there!

The boat runs pretty smooth n stable nice job there, may i ask your strut adjustment? did you raise it all up or down?

Running sweet!I am envious of that test spot.Looks like nice country there.

Yes, me and my wife were stunned when we pulled up! It is one of clients property and about 8 months ago she had mentioned that she had a private lake that I could come out and run on and I didn't really think nothing of it and then on Monday I wanted to test the boat but the two lakes I usually run on were heavy with boat traffic so I figured what the heck I would give her a call and see if the offer still stood and she said "Come on to the house"! Her family is really good people and we hit it off and have a open invitation to come back any time!Plenty of big fish in there too!!!
    Strut hasn't been adjusted yet. I just bolted it up and run it as she was....

The boat look great and I'm sure it will move along quite nicely with that set up, I'm guessing mid 50s ?

Only problem was took on probably 1/3 cup water on first minute run,I dumped it out after I checked temps and it took on probably a little more than that in second part of run No leaks on my tub test and I checked my lines by blowing through them while I plugged the outlets and didn't seem to leak but I am going to use the search feature because I have seen a couple threads about pressure testing because I just have a feeling that's where my problem is at.
    Srislash I am located in Georgia just north of Atlanta in the US and yes it is some beautiful country here!

G-UNIT I am gonna GPS it next time out and will let you know but mid 50's is what I am hoping for!

Looks great, you gotta love those m445's...........same prop I run on mine.

If I may say, it seems to run a a tiny bit wet................do you have trim tabs? If so pull 'em both up a hair. Whats your COG?
    NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=

Yep...Got trim tabs. Didn't do any tuning first time out. COG is at about is just a hair over 30% didn't leave myself any room for adjustment with batteries at the moment but I agree it is running a little wet but I haven't messed with trim tabs or the strut yet.

How is you paint holding up where the hatch meets the hull, I know its a tight fit and dont see anything but it getting scratched off.

That is exactly what is happening! Grrrr.... But the blemishes totally disappear at WOT!!!

My biggest problem is that it took on a bunch of water when I ran it so I let it dry out and then I got a large syringe and pushed water through it and then stopped up the outlets and tried to push water through and nothing...no leaks. so I just about have my stock Impulse31 put back together so I will throw it back in the tub and test it again when I tub test my other one.

tape the hatch, silicone/tight the screws on the back, make sure you grease the flex cable on every run. Also check the cooling tubes, sometimes its hard to see a tiny cut and that causes the leaking. i didn't run my impulse yet i hope mine doesn't leak but those are from the experiences of my mystic29. Hope it helps ejimbo.

Yes, I do all of that and like I said I pressure tested my lines and didn't see any leaks or have any water drip into the inside of the hull. I finally got my stock Impulse put together after painting it so I am going to tub test them both tonight and see whats up. I am thinking that the second water pick up I have mounted to the transom might be the source but that will show in the tub if it is.

Make-a wake...Ran her today after I pulled my strut up a hair and kicked the trim tabs up just a little and it rides like a beast now! I knew something was up with that monster rooster tail and the whole boat riding in the water. Now it's riding on the back third and getting it! Next time out I will throw a gps on her!

Quote Originally Posted by ejimbo4 View Post
    Make-a wake...Ran her today after I pulled my strut up a hair and kicked the trim tabs up just a little and it rides like a beast now!
    Awesome!!!!!!!! More vid please!!!!!
    NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12