Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Some people have nothing better to do.

There is a common thread to these issues......it is a woman who complains or is pissed off with your hobby of running boats!...a menstrual moment?

Douggie
    Last edited by Flying Scotsman; 10-23-2011 at 03:51 AM.

Hi Guy's N Gal's ,

We all want pristine outdoor recreation areas , & i feel R/C Boat users are not seen as wanting this , though i am sure it's important to all who run R/C Boats .
    It seems whenever there are protestors on TV News , 90% are University Students . Which leads me to my well stated point , & saying " Yeah for Intellectual masturbators " , who seem to gain 90% of media attention over an issue such as environmental - but really only speak for the 1-5% of people that haven't had a bath in years , just like themselves !!!! . BG
    Roy Cooper's www.fastonwater.co.uk - Where Brittish Raceboat History Comes To Life !!!

Quote Originally Posted by MR2NR View Post
    I got yelled out for swimming in the duckpond (While retrieving my boat lol) but my boat was more than welcome.

hahaha funny experience...:)
    "Live life to the fullest" aviation jobs

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Scotsman View Post
    There is a common thread to these issues......it is a woman who complains or is pissed off with your hobby of running boats!...a menstrual moment?

Douggie
    Leave it to Dougie to strip off all the fat and flesh and get to the bare bones of the situation!!
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Scotsman View Post

Douggie
    Most of us probably wouldn't have a hobby that got us out of the house if it weren't for some harridan back home. /All/ the worlds problems -including R/C boats carving up the lake, war and cricket- are due to men trying to get some peace away from her indoors.

Quote Originally Posted by JackBlack26 View Post
    you are not breaking any POSTED ordinances you should be able to do as you like!
    If anyone gives me any lip, I tell them to point to the sign (there is no such sign) or I'll call the police on them.
    They never say another word to me after that......

Harry
    60" Expresscraft SuperCat
    (2) 2028 Castle motors 64.7 mph
    10s3p with x450/3 props
    15,000 mah 40c cells,

Ahh, yep actually had to go to court over this. I'm the member BJ referenced. Lost two days of work over it. Case was dismissed, but still very frustrating and stressfull.

OK this is my story. I normally like to run in the pond/lake in my sub where no one bothers me but I was looking for some fun and to race at a local club that is about 30 min from my house. I got there and it is a park with a nice setup for running boats. I was the only one running boats at the time. Two guys walk up and complain that I am scaring all the fish away. There are 3 other lakes right next to each other where they could fish.
    So I asked if they could speak to fish and apologized for not seeing where they were hiding. They said that was fine since they were fishing for minnows to use as bait.
    I am still confused as how to catch minnows with hooks. oh well next time I might stay and watch

I haven't been rc boating enough yet to have had issues with people on the couple lakes & ponds I've been to... But Let me tell you, it's all the same song & dance when it comes to trying to find a nice enough park or open area to fly rc planes at. And in Minnesota, we have 10,000 lakes - but a heckuva lot less flying fields, we got trees everywhere. It's actually nice when the lakes freeze so that we finally see some good open areas to take off and land.

Actually crashed a small biplane into a cop car that drove into my airspace once. Lucky for me he was a nice cop & apologized. He could have made life hell for me if he wanted I'm sure, despite it being his fault. This was on some fairgrounds (during the fair's offseason, of course) that we'd been flying at for weeks & would regularly have cops park and watch for a while & then go about their business again. He was driving over to tell us that we could no longer fly there. Go figure.

I wish the general public were more aware of the harmless hobbies that keep most of us out of the trouble we'd otherwise be getting into! :D
    [B]/ Custom Carbon Composite 28" Mono (Video)
    Sprintcat 29 (Mid-Build) / Blackjack 29 V3

I can relate to your feelings, I had been going to a public lake here in LA this summer for many times and towards the end of the summer suddenly a man with a fishing pole appeared and I made the mistake of greeting him. He walked away then came back and started to give me a hard time. I boat where there is a sign that says "model boat launch". The only sign that says "no" is no swimming. All summer I tried to be thoughtful and go in the morning before people would actually show up. On two occasions when there were people I got compliments and well asked questions regarding FE boats. I was mindful not to get into a confrontation for fear that he might complain to the park supervisor. As he left me, I looked at him carefully and I realized he was a very angry man, I didn't scare "his" fish off, because there were three other lakes, he never fished, just walked away. So I guess there is really nothing one can do if someone tries to spoil the day. He must be congratulating himself because that turns out to be my last boating since my work season coincides with the school year.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12