Thread: MiniMono metal prop upgrade?

Default MiniMono metal prop upgrade?

Does anyone know a good metal prop for the Aquacraft minimono? I saw that octura has a couple that are the right size but im not for sure , but any suggestions?

stock prop is 30mm two blade frp prop with a 1/8(3.2mm) prop shaft

Tenshock CNC props

Red face prop

which octura prop would be recommended

I've got the y531 on mine. (purple plastic) After I get my issues worked out I may try a x432 just to see how it reacts.
    Yes its fast, yes it will go far away, yes its expensive. No you cant try it.

Default Minimono prop upgrade

I just put an Octura x432 on mine with a bullet nut. It makes a huge difference in the acceleration. Im not sure about the top speed but Im guessing its faster. I cant even get close to opening this thing in my pool and havent been to the pond yet.

Just ordered the x432 also for this and i just switched out that junky esc. for a 35 amp watercooling. I have the esc. already installed and i can notice a huge difference.

What brand of ESC did you go with? I would be interested in changing mine out also. Thanks.

I am using an Octura 430 prop and the shorter Mini-Rio rudder. I also removed the turn fins as they are unneccessary.

Overall, once you replace the ESC and the drive shaft, it's a great boat!

Quote Originally Posted by iratner View Post
    I am using an Octura 430 prop and the shorter Mini-Rio rudder. I also removed the turn fins as they are unneccessary.

Overall, once you replace the ESC and the drive shaft, it's a great boat!
    What did you replace the drive shaft with??

Quote Originally Posted by pculton4 View Post
    What brand of ESC did you go with? I would be interested in changing mine out also. Thanks.
    http://www.hobbypartz.com/seaking35aboat.html have it in my small bolt and no issues so far

Anyone run a prop bigger than 32mm?
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Was that ESC easy to install? I have big hands and Im not very handy with these little boats?? I would also like to know what drive shaft was used by the other person who posted on here. Its not a good sign when they include an extra shaft with the boat!! Thanks guys!!

I dont see the wire that runs from the esc to the receiver in the picture of the 30 amp ESC from china. Thats what scared me. I need a direct replacement. If Im going to have to modify any parts I will be screwed!!

Change the drive shaft to an Octura .098 shaft. You will need to find a drive dog that will fit both the boat and the shaft as the one that comes with .098 will not fit the boat.

Thank you for the info. Im actuallly sending the boat back to Hobby Services tomorrow. I put the battery in yesterday and the ESC caught fire. I had to run outside and rip it out. Hopefully they will send me a new one asap.

new 35 amp. water cooled esc., octura 432, trim tabs pushed up and fins sharpened. This minimo will do wheelies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hauls #$@!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by flyingjunky View Post
    new 35 amp. water cooled esc., octura 432, trim tabs pushed up and fins sharpened. This minimo will do wheelies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hauls #$@!!!!!!
    any ideas of how fast it is now?
    30-35mph?
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Quote Originally Posted by Brushless55 View Post
    any ideas of how fast it is now?
    30-35mph?
    I would say 30-35 is about in-line. The most impessive part is the acceleration!!!! Instant speed.

What ESC did you switch to? I will need to get a new one for my old Mini. The office sold me a new Mini and is also sending my old one back with it!

Have a stock one and put a 435 prop on it - haven't tried it yet. Will let you know.
    Son to me: It's never fast enough is it Dad?
    Me in reply: Now you understand RC son!!!
    Proboat Impulse 31, Aquacraft Minimono, Godspeed U Catamaran.

435 prop is excellent on the Minimono. It gets up on plane much faster (instantly actually) and the speed is noticeably faster. (Sorry no GPS because it wont fit in that little hull) Temps in cold spring lake water were: Motor 68, ESC 80 and battery was at 100 and change. The piano wire did let go once but I just re-soldered it and it has been good since.

sounds like a x632 could kick some tail on this little mono!

Are you running 2s or 3s?

It only runs on 3s

I'm using a TFL X430. $9 @ Kintec

Quote Originally Posted by 3b3b View Post
    I'm using a TFL X430. $9 @ Kintec
    How do you like the performance? I just purchased a TFL X430 for my Minimono.
    Very nicely made little metal prop.
    I'm using stock motor and 20a esc.

Reviving an old thread for those who may be interested.
    When my TFL X430 arrived I didn't like the fit on the drive dog so I never tried it. Recently I purchased a few props from Doctorprops to try on various boats including a detounged stainless steel 32mm Naviga 2 blade. His props are beautifully crafted and this one fits the stock Minimono driveshaft perfectly. I'm hoping for a bit more speed with less amp draw from this prop.

Reviving an old thread once again... I decided to revive my Minimono. My son had fried the ESC from using it in salt water, so I replaced it with a Hobbywing 30A watercooled one. Motor is stock. My son managed to freeze the motor from corrosion, but I managed to bring it back to life. Bought a 30mm 1.4 CNC and an Optura X432 for it to try out, bought a 1/8 bullet nut and sharpened the turn fins. We will see how it runs. May need to get me another micro FE to race my son!

Just put a 3219 Oxidean marine prop on mine too much for it, when I go to full throttle in comes out of the water like football thrown by an NFL quarterback lol going to prop down to 3019 I think will be the ticket for me.