Thread: New guy with questions

Default New guy with questions

i got my first boat the other day. its a spartan with the castle electronics basically stock. i bought two 3s lipos and an octura x640 prop. i was reading the spartan prop thread on here so thats why i picked that one. anyways the first drive was awsome way faster than i ever thought it would be, so much so that i didnt pay attention the the heat of components. about 3/4 of the way throught the run i thought about it. checked and the stuff was hot but i could keep my hand all components besides the motor and the batteries were a little puffy. so on the second run i noticed that when i would hold full throttle it would cut out on me after about a second. i could let off and go back to full throttle and it would do the same thing. this didnt matter if i just started driving it or was at the end of the run. once im pretty sure the thermal shutdown kicked in and so when it started working again i drove the boat over and it was warm but nothing like the first time i ran it with the new prop and batts. not sure if i toasted something that first run but my batteries are charging to full cap and the boat still runs strong, its just at wot it cuts out. any help would be great and suggestions on better ways to cool this thing

sorry didnt notice there was a RTR thread for my boat