Thread: Holy Meat Cleavers Propman!

Default Holy Meat Cleavers Propman!

I was sent these as samples from a manufacturer and WOW.

The pair sizes range from 52 - 55mm and they are 1.8 pitch I believe.

What kind of setup would these be good for? I can't imagine spinning up a pair of these on a Genesis size hull!

Curious how to calculate these bad boys. Perhaps they might be for a larger, say 55" hull? Maybe for my 57" Arrow Shark Project?

FighterCat Parts 009s.jpg FighterCat Parts 012s.jpg

Anyone have some good working knowledge of the 3 blade props in this size range?
    FighterCatRacing Team CHING BLING - Ching Bling. Brilliant, Advanced Sparkle for your hull.

Ben,

I am running a twin 6S, rigger.

https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...-89.5MPH-Video

I just bought (one hour ago) a pair of 50 MM X 1.7 (3.3 inch pitch), 2 blade, props from the prop shop in UK.
    At 38,000RPM loaded, these should give me a little under 100 MPH @ 15% slip.

Right now, I am using X457's (3.14 inch pitch) cut down to 52MM and I am getting 93 MPH. (nothing is getting hot, so far).

Hummm, a pair of those, 52MM x 1.8 (3.66 inch pitch) would give 110 MPH under the same conditions as above.
    That might be the next step for me?

How much for a pair- one right hand and one left hand???

Mark
    Last edited by mm123521; 10-09-2011 at 06:46 PM.
    Avatar is the dangerous end of a Gatling Gun!

I suppose I could sell a pair, but really I'm curious how to calculate the application on these. That's a pretty sweet running rigger!
    FighterCatRacing Team CHING BLING - Ching Bling. Brilliant, Advanced Sparkle for your hull.

How do you recon twin 1717's in a 42 sprint cat would spin them?

Quote Originally Posted by millzee View Post
    How do you recon twin 1717's in a 42 sprint cat would spin them?
    I don't know, I'm not sure how to calculate the load on them. Just a guess though that they would move a ton of water.

Anyone know how to calculate the load on these? There's a ton of props in FECalc, but none that I can see match up with the sizes of these.

I would like a couple in left rotation.

What Aluminum is it?? CMDI used 7075 and the R2 hobbies cnc props must be 6061 from what it looked like after 2 runs... Dings & little bends etc...

Get them to use proper 7075 aircraft grade or they are disposable fairly fast.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Quote Originally Posted by ray schrauwen View Post
    I would like a couple in left rotation.

What Aluminum is it?? CMDI used 7075 and the R2 hobbies cnc props must be 6061 from what it looked like after 2 runs... Dings & little bends etc...

Get them to use proper 7075 aircraft grade or they are disposable fairly fast.
    Nice Avatar!

I'll ask. It feels like 6061, but I'll have to find out for sure. Thanks for bringing it up.

FYI- this isn't a sale thread! lol... I'm really looking for a way to calculate amp draw and determine the best application for them.

Confirmed 7075

Thats easy, put a pair of each in with my motors and I'll test them on my eagle tree for you I should have at least 3 twin engined setups, these would have been perfect for a twin 1717 mono, but I missed out on the mount on here a few days ago, I even had 4 of them to burn up for you too

Ben, those look like copies of the ABC props.

check their site www.abcprops.com and check out the prop chart section and locate the props with the same diameter.

a good place to start anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by carlcisneros View Post
    Ben, those look like copies of the ABC props.

check their site www.abcprops.com and check out the prop chart section and locate the props with the same diameter.

a good place to start anyways.
    Lol... they have a "cleaver" series there! Never looked at their props before.
    I have quite a bit to learn about prop sizes and styles, that list made my eyes cross.

If I can make a match, I think the ABC props are listed in FE Calc. That would answer my initial question. =)

Ben, only SOME of the ABC props ae in the FE calc. I am in the proccess of adding some more this week.

Twinline T600's on either, send them for my DF 45
    What do you mean by calculate load? i've never seen load numbers on props before.

Quote Originally Posted by FighterCat57 View Post
    Confirmed 7075
    sweet!
    Nortavlag Bulc