Thread: Just bought my first boat.

Default Just bought my first boat.

Just bought a BJ 26 BL. Won't be here for a week but I thought I would introduce myself as I am sure I will be asking lots of questions (of course I will do a lot of reading first)

Was actually looking to buy a Spartan but the plastic hull scared me off.

Any advice you guys want to give me in the meantime I am all ears

Trevor

I have the early BJ and like it alot, I'm sure you got the new one with the off set rudder ect and you should have a good time with it.
    Go to the PB black jack section and there is alot of info there, and always remember to tape your hatch.

Hello turbonet! - I just finished rebuilding and Modifing my first boat a BJ26. I too have the newest version with the offset rudder etc. I read this forum for about 2 weeks and asked alot of questions. There is a whole section on this forum about the blackjack. The BJ26 is great boat to start with. It is a ton of fun stock especially if you lipo run batteries. In order to run Lipo’s on the stock ESC you need to buy the proboat programming card. (prb3311). Its around $20.

Take it from me and I am sure others that the safest way to run it and get the max speed is using 2X 2S lipo packs. I use the “Cheap” Turnigy 5200 mah 2s 30-40c discharge and they work great. When I first bought mine they didn’t have the programming card so I ran 7cell NiMh hump packs. I was able to get to about 28mph on the radar gun on the NiMh packs. I then switch to lipos and gained another 3 to 5 mph around 33’s. Everything else was stock.

Trying to add more punch than 4s with the ProBoat esc is asking for trouble. I can tell you for certain that I tried running mine on the stock esc with 6s (i thought someone said it would work) and it ran for 10 mins before frying the esc.

Not if, but when you want to Modify the rig there is a ton of valuable tip and info here on the OSE forum. IMO the single best/easiest thing you can do is to lower the boats CG by lowering the batteries/trys. There is good article here. https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...andling+issues

Enjoy your rig!