Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gimp's 37" Fighter Cat Daytona

Quote Originally Posted by tiqueman View Post
    it is. Why?
    No reason other than it looked familiar. Thanks.

I usually just take my angel grinder and slighly bevel the edges after I cut it. try to spin w/ the winds of the shaft.
    I need to do a hatch pi or pins on it still. will get them done tonight.
    id like it all to dry tomorrow, so Ill ship it thursday. I may need to get a box tomorrow too... the one it came in is decent but, I think Id rather put it another. ill double check it, see if it still fits w/ the strut bracket.

Quote Originally Posted by osprey21 View Post
    No reason other than it looked familiar. Thanks.
    Thought you were gunna have some brilliant comment LOL. Bens got a nice offset for it avail now, so Chris (gimp, not Osprey lol) if you ever decide you want to try the offset, its a straight conversion, so nothing has to be modded and it can be put back.

I usually just take my angel grinder and slighly bevel the edges after I cut it. try to spin w/ the winds of the shaft.
    I need to do a hatch pi or pins on it still. will get them done tonight.
    id like it all to dry tomorrow, so Ill ship it thursday. I may need to get a box tomorrow too... the one it came in is decent but, I think Id rather put it another. ill double check it, see if it still fits w/ the strut bracket.
    I don't need to solder the end or anything? For some reason I thought you did, but I guess that's the prop end. Shipping Thursday should be ok, Priority still estimates Saturday arrival. I'll give you both addresses, if it can be there Saturday then send to my parents house, if they say Monday then use my normal address.

Thought you were gunna have some brilliant comment LOL. Bens got a nice offset for it avail now, so Chris (gimp, not Osprey lol) if you ever decide you want to try the offset, its a straight conversion, so nothing has to be modded and it can be put back.
    Don't think I'll even try it. Looks too bitchin with the in-line setup. Thanks for talking me into that!

Thanks for everything Scott. Looks like it turned out amazing!

Ive never soldered the motor end and have never had an issue. I have seen it done though and some premade shafts are that way.

Priority is going to be really expensive. But its up to you.

Yeah it came out nice. Im very happy w/ it. I hope you will be as well

Ive never soldered the motor end and have never had an issue. I have seen it done though and some premade shafts are that way.

Priority is going to be really expensive. But its up to you.

Yeah it came out nice. Im very happy w/ it. I hope you will be as well
    I looked it up and it's about $30 for priority and $15 for the normal. I just figured on a 10lb box

I sent a MG out yesterday and it was 35 just for shipping for parcel post (cheapest method). When I looked it up at home before I went I also put 10lbs and it showed 22.00 parcel post and 60 priority. Box and materials to ship will be about $10.00. So what do you want to spend for shipping?

Sent a DF cat 37" out saturday, that was about $25.00 and had $300. insurance on it. And I had the box and packing from its original shipping to me. The Daytona wasnt packed that well. Two foan sleves that are 2" wide and some of those air bags. I wont ship it like that to you.

Or I can pack it as best I can and send it in the original box and save a few pennies. Whatever you want Ill do.

That's really weird we get different shipping quotes.

I don't want to spend anymore than $45 total shipped. Let me know what you'd like to do.

Keep in mind it's not just by weight which is probably why your price was different.
    The size of the box makes it oversized so it has additional cost onto of quoted price by weight.

Decals are shipped your way.
    OSE GIFTING ELF
    HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!

Quote Originally Posted by monojeff View Post
    Keep in mind it's not just by weight which is probably why your price was different.
    The size of the box makes it oversized so it has additional cost onto of quoted price by weight.

Decals are shipped your way.
    Thanks for getting those out Jeff! The only other thing I'll need from you are the number's and a boat name, we talked about it in your thread a while back.

Yea I tried different LxWxH's with length's>40" and still don't get quotes that high. Oh well, not too worried about it.

Ok I'll see about getting the numbers and name worked up soon as I can.
    Working on getting caught up on things it's been a slow battle.
    Be in touch.
    OSE GIFTING ELF
    HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gimp View Post
    Thanks for getting those out Jeff! The only other thing I'll need from you are the number's and a boat name, we talked about it in your thread a while back.

Yea I tried different LxWxH's with length's>40" and still don't get quotes that high. Oh well, not too worried about it.
    I get the same thing you do Chris, but then you get to the PO to ship it and its a bit different? Even though online it shows the bulk package additional pricing etc. The MG I sent was 15lbs total (double boxed) and had a lot of insurance on it. Parcel post after everything was done was 35.41 just to ship, that didnt include the box nor the packing material. The total came to $50.00. I will get it boxed up and try to get to the PO today and get some prices. Obviously you wont have the ins. that the MG had. Like I mentioned before, I sent a DF cat out Parcel post w/ 300. insurance and it was $25.00. I will get some options for you and get back to you.

I get the same thing you do Chris, but then you get to the PO to ship it and its a bit different? Even though online it shows the bulk package additional pricing etc. The MG I sent was 15lbs total (double boxed) and had a lot of insurance on it. Parcel post after everything was done was 35.41 just to ship, that didnt include the box nor the packing material. The total came to $50.00. I will get it boxed up and try to get to the PO today and get some prices. Obviously you wont have the ins. that the MG had. Like I mentioned before, I sent a DF cat out Parcel post w/ 300. insurance and it was $25.00. I will get some options for you and get back to you.
    Awesome, thanks Scott

shipping sucks i shipped my gutted miss Vegas hull and the box was 11$, and they charged for the oversize so it cost me 35$ to ship plus the extra 11$ for the box and i only asked 150.00 shipped total, so i only got 100.00 for the boat with hardware and a cheap motor!!

Quote Originally Posted by HYDROJERRY View Post
    shipping sucks i shipped my gutted miss Vegas hull and the box was 11$, and they charged for the oversize so it cost me 35$ to ship plus the extra 11$ for the box and i only asked 150.00 shipped total, so i only got 100.00 for the boat with hardware and a cheap motor!!
    Fed Ex would have done the shipping ground for $17.00
    Randy
    For ABS, Fiberglass, Carbon hulls and Stainless hardware
    BBY Racing

Scott, you are the man! Payment sent for shipping too.
    Thanks a million! The floatation even matches my paint scheme lol

LOL thats why I did it. I thought I rmember you decided on blue/ orange. I had like a pinkish-light red color.. and I thought.. nahhh.. So I ran up to Kmart real quick and grabbed the blue. Its the details that make the build lol.

Its the details that make the build lol.
    You sold me on it haha

No, thank you!

Quick question. It looks like the rough velcro is on the trays so my batteries will need the soft velcro, is that correct? At least I can get my batteries ready lol.

Oh, and you can probably see in the pics. I set all the lines up so you can just drop your 180 in and go. I labeled what goes where. Also cut the short piece that got from one side of the esc to the other. the "jumper" if you will. the line that goes fromt he motor to the esc will probably need cut as well as the motor to the esit.. which reminds me.. i forgot to put the motor clamp screw in. CRAP... bee looking for a second package. I knew I was going to do that. I built teh motor mount in the garage and left the screw on the work bench. Ill get it out tomorrow.

Oh, and you can probably see in the pics. I set all the lines up so you can just drop your 180 in and go. I labeled what goes where. Also cut the short piece that got from one side of the esc to the other. the "jumper" if you will. the line that goes fromt he motor to the esc will probably need cut as well as the motor to the esit.. which reminds me.. i forgot to put the motor clamp screw in. CRAP... bee looking for a second package. I knew I was going to do that. I built teh motor mount in the garage and left the screw on the work bench. Ill get it out tomorrow.
    Is it just an m3 screw? If so, I have a box of them, don't worry about it.

I think so, but its got little lock washers and the motor screws and washers in it as well. its already packeged up. Ill send them. My fault... thats what happens when you rush... I amost didnt put the rudder in the hull.... I set the lid on the box and went "oh , I almost forgot the rudder!"

I think so, but its got little lock washers and the motor screws and washers in it as well. its already packeged up. Ill send them. My fault... thats what happens when you rush... I amost didnt put the rudder in the hull.... I set the lid on the box and went "oh , I almost forgot the rudder!"
    lol thanks. I guess that stuff can just fit in a letter. Did you see my post about the velcro?

I put it in a small bubble envelope. Ive had first hand experience w/ small parts in a regular envelope. the sorting machines at the PO will try and run it thru the slots and rip the envelope and Im told usually jam the machine. Sometimes they catch fallen out parts, ofthen they do not. Ask Piranha.. he knows all about it.

No Ill look for the velcro comment

Thank ya sir

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast