Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Beware of buyers with shipping

I have done over 400 transactions on ebay (buying or selling) and glad to say I never came across this kind of shenanigan. I guess I've been lucky
    As a buyer, just pay for your purchase immediately, as a seller send the item with-in 24-48 hours and everyone will be happy.

Hey Browning,

I see that the USPS website indicates that you received the parcel. Did you finally get this boat? Hopefully everything worked out.

Quote Originally Posted by Stinger9D9 View Post
    Hey Browning,

I see that the USPS website indicates that you received the parcel. Did you finally get this boat? Hopefully everything worked out.
    Hi Stinger9D9,

To answer your question… yes, I did receive my POS KOS P1. I didn’t write sooner, as I was away all weekend, but I definitely had to post pictures of the piece of s#it I received. I went to the post office and opened the box to find a KOS P1 that was not as described as per the following PM conversation between myself and rctoyznhobby:

My question: “Is it $300 shipped as well ? I can also assume that there are no cracks or chips in the boat and everything functions properly ? Please let me know.”

Rctoyznhobby replied: “300 shipped sending payment as gift payment with paypal. no cracks no chips nothing no defects in the decals everything works as if you just pulled it out of the box the first time yourself new my son got his drivers lic. and a car but lost intreast in the whole rc thing so i have cars sitiing around as well and trucks, he wanted to run with me. where will it be shipped to? i hope not overseas”.

After reading this, you would think that I was going to receive a boat that would have been extremely difficult to tell that it wasn’t new. Well, that wasn’t the case! I opened the box at the post office to find broken pieces of styrofoam and a loose boat and transmitter literally floating amongst them. The boat was not supported inside the box, allowing the rudder to be bounced against the bottom each time the box was moved in shipment. Also, the bow of the boat has cracks and deep chips to the point where you can almost see light through them. The bottom of the boat has long, hairline cracks and several small chips. The top of the boat, where hatch tape had been placed, has now peeled off all of the clear coat, and has left a rough, unprotected surface that has yellowed.

The motor of the boat has obviously been run quite hard and quite hot, as evidenced by the blackened color of the motor. The boat has, at one time, had turn fins mounted on it that have now been removed. The holes have been filled with large toothpicks and some type of rough epoxy, instead of fiberglass (the way it should be done). This has been done on both sides, leaving the transom of the boat looking absolutely horrible.

So, needless to say, you be the judge as to whether the boat looks as the seller described it, or as I describe it here. Please look at the pictures below that I have taken of some of the bad areas, but not all of them.

Signed,

A former and never again buyer from rctoyznhobby, the BS seller selling POS boats…

IMG-20111011-00163.jpgIMG-20111011-00164.jpgIMG-20111011-00165.jpgIMG-20111011-00166.jpgIMG-20111011-00168.jpg
    Last edited by Browning; 10-12-2011 at 08:18 AM.

And here is a picture of the scorched motor...

IMG-20111011-00167.jpg

As a secondary precaution with pay pal, if you paid with an actual credit card and NOT from your bank account you can file a dispute with your credit card. Since the item is significantly different than what you were sold they will charge back. That means Pay Pal will get a charge back which they will pass on to the seller or eat the costs.

Epic BS.

I was thinking that he had good deals on his son's accident, how was his son camping in his totaled car?

Uh ohhhhh..... Spaghetti ooos...
    Nortavlag Bulc

I think the rules could be modified maybe. Do you think people should be able to put up sale threads "because I got cancer", "because I lost my job" etc.

Although tragedies happen, it's not neccessary to air it in a sale thread.

Bidness is bidness in the for sale area, emotion should be left out and more pictures put in maybe???
    Nortavlag Bulc

I've never before seen a motor that got so hot it discolored the case. Wow. Wannabet the magnets are shot?
    Legend 36 sailboat, KMB Powerjet Ed Hardy Viper, ABC jet pwrd BBY Oval Master, ABC Hobby Jetski, NQD Tear Into's, HK Discovery 500, MickieBeez pwrd Jet Rigger!, Davette/Gravtix jet sprint, KMB Powerjet Pursuit, NQD pwrd Jet Catamaran!,Steam pwrd African Queen, Sidewinder airboat, Graupner Eco Power

Sorry to hear you were misinformed on this sale and hope this guy doesn't show up on this forum again. Reading his sons story makes me wonder if it was all made up now coming from this jack ***. I agree with Ray that selling or buying is business and hearing a personal story to make a sale should be left out.
    Last edited by ksm2001; 10-12-2011 at 10:23 AM.
    DF-29,Phil Thomas Super Sport 45, SV27, Xzess 2 Evo, HOTR 32" Cat

Call the credit card company. That's fraud, and is illegal.

Wow. That really sucks. I hope you're not out of options and can still get things sorted out somehow so that you're not out $300.

Thank you for posting all your details though. Reminding people that even on a forum like this with so many great buyers/sellers, that things like this can still happen and we all need to take the proper steps to cover our butts... because you just never know.
    [B]/ Custom Carbon Composite 28" Mono (Video)
    Sprintcat 29 (Mid-Build) / Blackjack 29 V3

Too bad this thing happens. Even here in The Phillippines it happens too. Maybe I just got lucky with my 50+ transactions at rctech. I haven't bought anything here yet. Well, I tried! But some sellers doesn't want to ship overseas. Well, lessons learned but I really hope this thing will be settled. Let's just enjoy this hobby that we all love so much! Peace!

Any updates with the mangled P1 situation?

I've been waiting on a battery from him for a month and a half now.......

start the claim process.

I traded a pair of batteries for my 45amp ESC. Got both batteries but one was dead. Contacted him and said he'd return it at the LHS. LHS told him it needed to be sent to the manufacturer to confirm it was dead and they'd get a new one when it was confirmed. Apparently he picked up the new one from the LHS last week and was going to send it out. Can't get in contact with him since then....

Bought a Miss Geico from him before. Just thrown in a box with no padding, cracked the inner sponson seem.

Pretty frustrated at this point about the battery, can't imagine how upset Browning must be with the entire boat.

Hey Browning,

Is this the boat that was sent to you?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/220842001402

I found it while nosing around some completed auctions on Ebay. I found that a guy that sounds exactly like rctoyznhobby who sold a used UL-1 (that was described as NEW) with the same story he told us in the Swap Shop right here:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/UL1-RC-BOAT-...item2a14f980d5
    The lack of any lowercase letters, punctuation and 3rd grade spelling was a clue too.

Anyway, I followed the stellar feedback rating of 2 the seller had to see what he had bought, that's where I found the KoS that had been found on the side of the river full of water. Definitely not new. New to that clown I guess, but not out of the box new.

If this is the same boat, he knew exactly what he was doing.

That most definite is the boat!

The first e bay picture, look where the step is you can see the same exact marks as Browning pictured.

Quote Originally Posted by Basstronics View Post
    That most definite is the boat!

The first e bay picture, look where the step is you can see the same exact marks as Browning pictured.
    Agreed, same boat - no doubt in my mind. Numerous little marks and imperfections on that hull match up in both pictures. And the inside picture - there looks to be a COG line penciled in that matches both - unless that's a marking that the factory draws inside every boat for some reason.

If you still haven't been able to make some progress on a refund, this is great evidence - especially if that boat came shipped to you from Youngstown, OH (the location of the ul-1 seller & buyer of that KOS).
    [B]/ Custom Carbon Composite 28" Mono (Video)
    Sprintcat 29 (Mid-Build) / Blackjack 29 V3

Any updates on this?

Hello Folks

Stinger9D9, thank you very much for finding this, I do appreciate it. The hull is the same for sure after looking at it closer but he has changed the hatch and a few other things (ESC). I actually received the KOS in a UL1 box with some broken bits of styrofoam thrown in it for what this idiot thought would be protection I guess.

As far as an update goes, I am going to move forward in a fraud charge actually and having done the research, I have a great case. I just have to make an effort to contact him and try to settle a fair deal first and if that doesn’t work then I move forward with a fraud charge. I will keep you guys posted.

Please everybody keep in mind that the following info is what this seller uses for purchases and selling so BEWARE if you ever come across it in a deal. He is on other R/C related sites as well, so make people aware of this rip off artist.

He goes by either Bill or Kyle Sheesley and his Paypal account info is rctoyznhobby@yahoo.com and also rc_hobbiest@yahoo.com
    His E Bay seller name is rchobbbiest1

I would recommend to never deal with this con artist !!!

Browning

I have had stuff I sent to Canada tied up in their customs for weeks! The only tracking we can get here is that is has left the USA. That means it's on it's way to it's destination. If you're Canadian, please understand that even the most honest seller can't account for the inefficiency of your customs and postal services.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by sailr View Post
    I have had stuff I sent to Canada tied up in their customs for weeks! The only tracking we can get here is that is has left the USA. That means it's on it's way to it's destination. If you're Canadian, please understand that even the most honest seller can't account for the inefficiency of your customs and postal services.
    Sorry about "our customs and postal services" (we'll try harder next time) but that has absolutely nothing with what happened here. The guy was sold what was described as a like new boat which turned out to be one that was found on the side of a river filled with water, with a scorched motor and...oh well, if you're not going to take the time to read the thread before you post, I'm not going to repeat it all here.

I feel your pain man. I was just ripped off almost three hundred bucks for an rc car I sold to a guy in australia. Paypal gave him a refund even though I provided proof of shipping and tracking info showing it was on its way.Then the item arrived and the guy kept it but didnt pay up. I even had canada post do an investigation and they sent me the copies of the documents with the guy's name and signature for the item. Paypal still refuses to reverse the descission. I have since reported it to the rcmp fraud branch and am waiting to hear back. Either way paypal will never see the money that my account is now in the hole because of their stupidity. I wish you all the best in getting this sorted out.

@Kendt
    Hi
    Im sec the South Australian Model Boat Club.... and can access all others.
    PM me details of who, where and what.. and we'll see if this can be dealt with 'at ground level'
    We can sure help locate scumbag buyers and aid in recovery.
    regs
    W
    Wayne Schutte PhdCSE BaSE BaEE. Australian, & damn proud of it YOUTUBE
    @ 36" H&M Maritmo twin1512/1800 6S1P 88mph @ 40" drag hydro#1 twin 5692 12S1P .....always for fun @

Was the guys first name Gary? If so he has been doing this type of crap for along time
    I also collect vintage rc buggies here is my blog http://acmracing-vintagerc.blogspot.com/

Those buggies are awesome. I just recently sold a samuri to someone over seas. That wasnt the car I got burned on though. The guy's name is Andrew Gellert. He obviously knows his way around scams cause I was telling me he intended to put in a dispute after only three weeks< when he was told it would take up to six to arrive.

Browning, any updates on this?

Still nothing?

Quote Originally Posted by kookie_guy View Post
    Still nothing?
    Interested too.

Still haven't gotten my battery. The latest story is this Bill clown had a heart attack. I've been given more stories than you can shake a stick at.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast