Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Beware of buyers with shipping

Default Beware of buyers with shipping

Goodbye
    Last edited by rctoyznhobby; 10-03-2011 at 06:13 AM.

That sucks!There's one in every bunch.I hate dishonest people.

Sorry for your misfortune. You really need to add puncutation to what you say. Its hard to read. I hope you list the guy here soon.

*!***!***!***!**heads like that are the reason people are hesitant to ship to Canada. Kills it for the rest of us. Post his name if he's a memeber on here.

I have listed items cheaper than actual cost for international postage but insist on priority mail with confirmation. I guess I have been lucky as I have never had a dispute ... yet.
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

Sorry to hear that, its to bad that some ****|*** makes people more Leary to ship here to Canada. Yes post his name.
    DF-29,Phil Thomas Super Sport 45, SV27, Xzess 2 Evo, HOTR 32" Cat

Yeah, make sure you opt for delivery confirmation (which requires the recipient to sign for the package).

As far as the customs declaration form goes, I never have any problem paying the full amount of import tax (they don't really charge duty, just tax as if we had bought it in Canada), but just be sure to be accurate with the amount - do NOT inflate it.

I bought a TS2 and REK lower years ago from one of the users on here for $180 and then the guy's wife writes $400 on the customs declaration form because she thought it would "count" as insurance!??? Because of that smooth move, I had to pay almost $100 to pick the thing up at the Post Office. That sucked.

Ebay is the same way. There is buyer protection, but no seller protection. I sold a near new Shortwave radio to a schmuck that said it wasn't 'tuned' properly. It was sold as-is in the ad, but he didn't want to deal with the manufacturer. Long story short Ebay found in favor for him, gave him his money back and came to me for it. When it was returned, the tamper proof label had been mostly torn off to get access to a cover screw. I opened it and saw the tamper proof seal (glue) was torn on one of the tuning capacitors (he had messed with it to make sure it was broken, like his story). Ebay finally gave me my money back as well. But "as-is" doesn't mean anything on ebay. If the buyer is unhappy (for whatever reason), ebay will stand behind the buyer, not the seller. Sellers beware.
    Legend 36 sailboat, KMB Powerjet Ed Hardy Viper, ABC jet pwrd BBY Oval Master, ABC Hobby Jetski, NQD Tear Into's, HK Discovery 500, MickieBeez pwrd Jet Rigger!, Davette/Gravtix jet sprint, KMB Powerjet Pursuit, NQD pwrd Jet Catamaran!,Steam pwrd African Queen, Sidewinder airboat, Graupner Eco Power

Quote Originally Posted by kookie_guy View Post
    *!***!***!***!**heads like that are the reason people are hesitant to ship to Canada. Kills it for the rest of us. Post his name if he's a memeber on here.
    Why are you making this a Canadian issue? The post is about a person who claims not to have received a shipped item and who happens to live in Canada. This can happen to any OSE member any where in the world. I agree with you that RCTOYZNHOBBY should post his name to help us out and give his claim some credibility. BG

Absolutely post his name , Me and Ken are going over to his house to kick his a$$ , I really enjoys the shipping back and forth we do with our USA neighbors and really get pissed when some dickhead tries to get something for nothing
    Necessity is the mother of invention.............

Youtube Video's http://www.youtube.com/user/Titanis2000

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher 67 View Post
    Absolutely post his name , Me and Ken are going over to his house to kick his a$$ , I really enjoys the shipping back and forth we do with our USA neighbors and really get pissed when some dickhead tries to get something for nothing
    I was thinking the exact same thoughts after I posted last night Peter. I'm sure we can drop by his place uninvited if he lives in our area.
    DF-29,Phil Thomas Super Sport 45, SV27, Xzess 2 Evo, HOTR 32" Cat

Things like this wrecks it for Canadian buyers. Its much larger market for available parts in the US than Canada. Not everyone is the same way and yes this can happen anywhere in the world including US. Bad apples are everywhere.

Isn't delivery confirmation about a dollar?

Evil Canadians...

If they havent taken their money back yet call your credit card company report your card used on pay pal as lost so its shut off immediately. Then switch bank accounts quickly. I would go into your Pay Pal account and delete the accounts also. THis should bar them from charging you.

That way even if pay pal finds in favor of the cheat they will get stuck with the bill.

My dad used to work for a multi million dollar online hobby store and had some stories of the BS people do. This is one of them. They want it shipped parcel post and simply claim they never got it. Which usually makes the hobby store send another at no cost but with the tracked shipping. Then a little later on they got notified the card used for the purchase which got two R/C trucks was stolen so they were out over $1K.

Old trick...

Glad to see you kept information on it. Hope it all works out in your favor.

Post a name please so none of us here have to go through this also.

Hello, all Offshore electric forum members! I am the party accused of purchasing a boat and trying to opt out of paying extra for delivery confirmation ??? (Would you do that for a $300 boat you just paid for?? I don't think so!!)

Before you all form opinions of me that are ultimately incorrect, I would like to let you know what really happened when I tried to purchase a King of Shaves P1 from user rctoyznhobby.

On August 31, I contacted rctoyznhobby about a post with a King of Shaves P1 for sale. He replied to me that his was sold, but that he still had one to sell. We agreed on his listed price of $300 (which included shipping). He said that as long as I didn't live "overseas", he would gladly ship for the agreed price of $300, as long as I paid via PayPal AS A GIFT. Here is the email I received from him:

my original PM: "Is it $300 shipped as well ? I can also assume that there are no cracks or chips in the boat and everything functions properly ? Please let me know."

rctoyznhobby reply: "300 shipped sending payment as gift payment with paypal. no cracks no chips nothing no defects in the decals everything works as if you just pulled it out of the box the first time yourself new my son got his drivers lic. and a car but lost intreast in the whole rc thing so i have cars sitiing around as well and trucks, he wanted to run with me. where will it be shipped to? i hope not overseas "

After this took place, I gladly paid for the boat as requested on August 31. There was never a time when I refused to "pay extra" for delivery confirmation, nor was that ever an option that was offered to me. I'm not 100% familiar with USPS, but I can be quite certain that you cannot ship a box of this size without a tracking number, nor would I ever want someone to ship a box of this value to me without a proper tracking number. I asked on September 7, 12, and 16 for a tracking number for the shipment that I paid for on August 31. I received no response until September 17, when I was provided with an incorrect tracking number. I found this out when I attempted to enter the tracking number on both USPS and Canada Post websites. The number simply did not exist. I even went so far as to contact USPS and Canada Post via telephone. They confirmed that the number did not exist.

On September 23, rctoyznhobby emailed me to say that he would look into this. He then asked, "your in Canada right"?? I had already given him my Canadian mailing address!!

Here I sit on October 2, writing this post, with no tracking number (after numerous requests), and STILL NO BOAT. rctoyznhobby claimed in his original post in this thread that I am trying to obtain both a boat and get my money back. All I want is one or the other. I have yet to receive a legitimate tracking number and have certainly not received any boat from this seller. I have privately purchased items advertised on this forum by other sellers, and have never encountered a problem. I have also purchased several orders from OSE and, once again, have never had a problem.

If anyone questions my honesty, I will gladly send you a transcript of the desperate email conversations between myself and rctoyznhobby, which clearly demonstrate that I am only trying to obtain a boat that I have legitimately paid for.

ALL BUYERS BEWARE!!!!!

I'm not going to personally call this seller, rctoyznhobby, a liar. I will let all of you decide for yourselves... from the beginning, I have been given nothing but excuses as to why the item had not yet been shipped or as to why I hadn't received a tracking number. First, was bad weather, then a "long drive to the post office", and then his "son having a serious mishap". Here is rctoyznhobby's latest post that announces why he has to sell his RC collection:

"Hello, forum members i am sad to say i have to get out of the rc boat hobby at this moment and need to sell everything. My son was involved in a car crash saturday totaled his car (not his fault) and the driver at fault was uninsured and i have to do something to cover his medical bills this is going to be a court dragout ill be luckY to get a $1.00 amonth in payments from uninsured driver...... so the best way i can do it is to give a deal to a lucky someone for what i have here it goes but please understand i will have to do this as a whole package deal due to time." (posted today, 8:55 pm)

Here is rctoyznhobby's excuse sent to me in a private email as to why I had not received my tracking number for the boat:

"i have not gotten it yet from him it is in his car at the camp ground i have to go out to pick his car up we have been at the hospital with him he was at the camp ground with his girlfriend and he was bite in the face by a dog he has went through 2 surgerys already his jaw is wired shut and they are doing another surgery today to recunstruct the jaw i have a buddy afterwork going out to pick his car up with me i will get it and send it to you i am so behind i have a box to ship to someone else and a trailer to get out for another rc boat i hoping we can get home soon we are at the cleveland clinic that is 2 hours from our home i have to go there today as soon as he is out of surgery thank you for understanding God Bless" (sent September 12, 12:35 pm)

"i am going back to post office today toship a rc car to someone i will have them get me the recipt number they usedall i did was file a claim on the insurance and a lost item reprt they did the rest. it has been hard our insurance isnt paying for the damages and hosptail bills they say the dog owner should but it wasnt the dogs fault my son loves dogs it was on a leash and he went over to it to pet it when he got attacked he still needs more surgerys and his jaw is still wired shut still in alot of pain and now we are dealing with issues of fear becouse we have 2 big dogs that he ggrew up with we have had them as puppys 6 & 7 weeks old now 7 yrs old he is afraid to touch them it has been hard to deal with" (sent September 27, 12:42 pm)

As you can see from the email messages and the latest post from rctoyznhobby, I don't even think he's too sure what has happened to his son. He seems a little confused as to whether his son was bitten by a dog or was involved in a car accident. Does this sound truthful to all of you ??

rctoyznhobby is asking $2,400 for all of the boats he is selling in the "items for sale" section of this forum. After reading my post, would you be willing to send this desperate-for-money seller $2,400 or would you sooner stand on your front porch with a lighter and burn the $2,400 for a higher level of entertainment ?? I'll let you decide!!

I know this seller has had good feedback from deals in the past, but remember, now he claiming to need money for "medical bills"... money does funny things to people. Beware!!

I will sign this off as hopefully not being the first $300 donation to medical bills.

One final comment... to rctoyznhobby: the best way to clear your name on this is to either send me my money back, or proof that you sent the boat, as it has been over a month since I paid you for it.

Signed,

Boatless

I HAVE INFO ....LOL FUNNY HE POST TO COVER HIS TRACKS THEY DO NOT OFFER A TRACKING NUMBER FROM US TO CANADA I WAS TOLD I HAVE CUSTOMS FORM NUMBER IT COST ME $34.20 FOR 7LB 8.2 OZ SHIPPING OF P1 HERE IS THE INFO ON PACKAGE LAST ENTERED AT POST OFFICE Your Item's StatusYour item was processed through our ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS) facility The item is currently in transit to the destination. #1 he was bit by dod 2 weeks ago #2 his car crash was saturday 2days ago anyone that has bought from me on OSE knows i ship asap a man of my word read sellers feedback you will see
    Last edited by rctoyznhobby; 10-03-2011 at 04:32 AM.

The local USPS told me that the tracking numbers are only good on the US Side. It will track it to the border and thats it. Just like the "Priority mail" option is only to the border. Once it hits customs its on the Canadian postal service to get it to you safely.

If you want full tracking point A to point B you gotta use Fedex, UPS or DHL.

I see seller does not deny the parts where he claims to ship then later claims its in a wrecked car. That there is enough of a red flag for me. Even from another Ohio person- not worth the drive if I was to get ripped off.

I never said its in a wrecked car it was shipped there to canada this is becoming more of an issue than it should be i am very honest to all people thats why things get misslead people read into things wrong sorry i ever listed warning

Why has the original post (from the seller) been edited down to almost nothing 8 minutes after the buyer told his side of the story?

Other than it being a grammatical nightmare (no punctuation, no capitalization - it was the longest run on sentence I ever tried to read), it was there to tell the seller's side of the story.

Considering that the seller decided to remove it after the buyer told his side of the story, it sounds pretty fishy now. Just sayin...

everyones a critic! there is 2 sides to everystory, but when i have the mailing info in hand the truth stops there. what i was saying is that i shipped boat once boat was shipped then he asked for refund so why would i refund 300.00 and have a boat out there to not show for back inhand i was only stating a warning if you all feel the need here it is priority mail lost in transit found package in Illonois due to miss marked lable by post office error they told me at local post office boat was delivered i had no way to check it once it hit canada line that buyer was trying a scam i was told by post office and gave me a beware it happens when you ship international. package has now been relabled by postal inspector and i was emailed a # of cp961796208us anyone can go on usps and see..... so the buyer will be getting his boat there was nothing i could do but go on the word of the post office when i was being asked for a 300 refund and no boat back inhand.......what would you think and do if you were in my shoes? this was not the fault of myself i have sold to OSE members and shipped to each one as it should be i am not a dishonest person.... i appoligize to buyer for what went on but it was out of my hands once i handed package to postal carrier

everyones a critic! there is 2 sides to everystory, but when i have the mailing info in hand the truth stops there. what i was saying is that i shipped boat once boat was shipped then he asked for refund so why would i refund 300.00 and have a boat out there to not show for back inhand i was only stating a warning if you all feel the need here it is priority mail lost in transit found package in Illonois due to miss marked lable by post office error they told me at local post office boat was delivered i had no way to check it once it hit canada line that buyer was trying a scam i was told by post office and gave me a beware it happens when you ship international. package has now been relabled by postal inspector and i was emailed a # of cp961796208us anyone can go on usps and see..... so the buyer will be getting his boat there was nothing i could do but go on the word of the post office when i was being asked for a 300 refund and no boat back inhand.......what would you think and do if you were in my shoes? this was not the fault of myself i have sold to OSE members and shipped to each one as it should be i am not a dishonest person.... i appoligize to buyer for what went on but it was out of my hands once i handed package to postal carrier

After a month all buyers would ask for a refund
    Guess it was not a Canadian scam thing after all

no but i was lead to beleave that from post office that there are alot of scams with buyers on all website sells ebay , amazon, so on so forth. i tryed to contact buyer to appoligize as well thats why i reduced ad it was premature on my part only becouse i was told that i had never dealt with shipping to canada before so a lesson learned but i couldnt give a refund and still have a boat not in hand i hope you understand i would have been out 700.00 on my end

Don't you just love happy endings?
    Legend 36 sailboat, KMB Powerjet Ed Hardy Viper, ABC jet pwrd BBY Oval Master, ABC Hobby Jetski, NQD Tear Into's, HK Discovery 500, MickieBeez pwrd Jet Rigger!, Davette/Gravtix jet sprint, KMB Powerjet Pursuit, NQD pwrd Jet Catamaran!,Steam pwrd African Queen, Sidewinder airboat, Graupner Eco Power

Quote Originally Posted by sundog View Post
    Don't you just love happy endings?
    beleave me i feel bad at the moment but i was upset in the start thinking i was going to hand over 300.00 and have no boat back and be out another 400 the cost of the boat i have tryed to contact buyer we need to talk

Depending on how it was shipped, it can take that long.

What City in Ontario was it going to?

Tough one. I've never been screwed over except the first thing I sold on Ebay 10 years ago, my bad not shipping with proper tracking.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Thats good.

Lesson learned. Probably would of been best to first get ahold of the buyer and get that side before posting this topic. I bet you wont do that again!

But since the dirty laundry has been aired, if it all works right I would still buy from ya.

I like post #1. This whole thing smells like B.S. to me.

Until I receive the boat that I paid for, or my money refunded, this will be my last posting.

I was going to leave well enough alone in the hope that time would fix this, and that rctoyznhobby would either refund my payment, send my boat, or provide me with a correct tracking number. Rctoyznhobby went ahead and posted untrue information about this deal, so you cannot blame a person for coming on to this forum, defending their good character, and providing the second half of this story.

First, let’s start by clarifying a few untrue statements made by rctoyznhobby in response to my original posting.

Rctoyznhobby replied, “THEY DO NOT OFFER A TRACKING NUMBER FROM US TO CANADA” (posted October 3, 4:20 am).

The truth: yes, they do, and how strange it is that he has posted a tracking number on this forum earlier today for everyone to see!!

Rctoyznhobby replied, “package has now been relabled by postal inspector and i was emailed a # of cp961796208us” (posted October 3, 8:05 am).

The truth: I contacted USPS today and was informed that once a package is originally labelled with a tracking number, the tracking number assigned to it never changes, no matter where that shipment ends up. It is a barcode that is scanned by USPS and stays with that package until delivery or MIA. So, all of you please track this package online and note the day that it was accepted by USPS in Ohio. That date is October 1, 2011, at 11:28 am. Keep in mind that the original date of my transaction was August 31. That said, can anyone blame me for simply wanting a refund or a legitimate tracking number, especially now that an entire month has passed? I recognize the fact that packages travelling from the US to Canada may take some time, but this package was travelling from Ohio to Ontario, which is only a 7-hour drive, and would certainly not require a month-long shipping time.

Also, you will note that the tracking number provided in this post can not only be tracked on the USPS website, but can also be tracked via Canada Post. Granted, Canada Post does not include exact details, but does so once the package has arrived in Canada. Regardless, with this information, a person can tell that there is a package en route to Canada, which is all I asked for in the beginning… on several different occasions, in fact.

Furthermore, it seems to me that after an entire month of emailing rctoyznhobby, requesting a tracking number, it took me posting a response to his rather bold and untrue claim that I was refusing to pay for tracking confirmation in order for me to finally get some positive action on his part.

This will be my final post until this boat arrives. I will gladly report once I receive it and that it is in the condition promised to me.

To you, rctoyznhobby… you have sent 2 emails to me requesting that I no longer phone, email, or contact you in any manner, or you will “move on to the next level”, to quote your exact words to me. So, in not answering your attempts to contact me to delete my posts on this thread, I am simply respecting your own wishes. I would appreciate you heeding your own advice, and refrain from contacting me in any manner.

Let this be a lesson to you all.

Do not pay pal as a gift .........pay with +3%

seller gets expected funds, you get a claimback facility.
    .. helps weed out the dubious dealers

that being said, Ive good results with rctoyznhobbies selling to Au.

DocW
    Wayne Schutte PhdCSE BaSE BaEE. Australian, & damn proud of it YOUTUBE
    @ 36" H&M Maritmo twin1512/1800 6S1P 88mph @ 40" drag hydro#1 twin 5692 12S1P .....always for fun @

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast