Thread: Run Times..

Default Run Times..

Hi,
    What kind of run times can I expect from these Turnigy 5000mAh 2S2P 7.4v 40C hardcase pack for my Stiletto ?

Cheers guys

ibo

Prolly like 5 mins

Ok then, What lipos would give me decent run times??

What do you mean by "decent"? FE boats are limited in run times, as with cars and planes it is a trade-off between speed and run time. The faster you go the shorter the run time. Most experienced FEers consider five minutes to be pretty good. If you ran your packs in parallel for 4S2P you'd double the run time.
    ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Cheers bud,cant ya tell Iam a newbie on boats,

Fluid is correct. 5mins in FE boats is good time. Running 4s2p is not possible in the stiletto? Not sure if all those batteries would fit.... If you're looking for 15 minute run times go nitro

Advice taken onboard and much appreciated,

Thanks

running 2 x 2s 45c 5000 mah thunder power lipos boat all stock I get about 8 mins runtime mostly wot

Tom

8 minutes is huge! I used to think I got that until I started timing stuff and realized that 8 was only really 4 lol. More power to ya brutha !!

next time out I will time it proper but will be really surprised if it's under 7 mins
    Tom

Iam waiting for my lipos to arrive So its going to be intresting,anyway thanks for your replys

cheers

ibo..

Really 5 minutes is pretty good...most nitro races are much less than 5 minutes long. You could try a battery with more mAh (= larger fuel tank).

Most races on a 1-Mile course last less than 2-minutes... 8-minutes is HUGE run-time, and I'd question whether you might be dragging your lipos down way too far... My Stiletto uses right about 2200-2300 mAh for a 1-Mile race...

If you wanted (or have) reconfigured your battery tray to remove the platform for the ESC, and replaced the ESC with something thinner (Hydra 120, etc), and you picked your cells JUST right... (two 5000-mAh 2S packs WILL fit end-to-end in the bottom of the tray), you likely COULD fit 4S2P in there... I have two 3800mAh Thunder Power 45C Pro Power 4S packs that will easily fit... end-to-end. You just have to get cells of the correct dimensions and remove the ESC platform. MIGHT even be able to do it with the stock ESC. I haven't tried.

If you make a new battery box cover out of something flat, you'll gain another 1/4" or so of headroom in there as well...

I'd worry about the extra weight. You'll likely have to add some stick-on lead somewhere to get the balance right, as you won't be able to shift cells around and you'll likely have too much weight forward. However, there is lots of room at the back of the hull for stick-on weights...
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

lol I really want to time a run on my boat to get the "official run time" but with a snapped flex, and horizon in the UK having no stock (can you believe that?), I will have to order the upgrade flex from the US and wait for delivery, I was going to order the upgrade flex anyway just wanted to get a stock flex to get back on the water (winters coming) my lipo's won't fit end to end I have to lay one with the end overlapping the lower one, as to running them too low, that may be, but they come back not too hot, (can handle them comfortably) and are not puffed. I am running the stock esc with factory settings.

On another note, Darin what prop/motor/esc are you running at the moment? as I am going to order the flex I was going to order a couple of bits to make the postage more acceptable
    Thanks
    Tom

I can fit 2 turnigy 6000mah hard case lipos from back to front no probs. I would hate to estimate a run time but I would say a good 4-5mins easy. Just buy yourself about 4 sets of packs and run them back to back, just allow everything to cool down between packs.

The first pic is the hardcase 6000mah batteries and the second is 5800mah soft case lipos.
    Last edited by jamespl; 09-26-2011 at 01:21 PM.

vid to show run time of about 7 mins run till lvc kicked in