Thread: Think the motor seized up in my SV27

Default Think the motor seized up in my SV27

I've only made a handfull of runs with my SV27 this season and it ran really good. But the other night i charged up the batt's, hooked 'em up set it in the water and got nothing!! Actually i could hear a buzz, the motor was trying to turn but wasn't happening. I checked the shaft, everthing was free there, i always grease it after ever 2 runs. Servo works fine too. Last time i ran it, i made sure water was spitting out the outlet, but the motor was still quite hot when it came in. Is this a common problem with the Aquacraft motor? Mine is stone stock, had it 3 or 4 years now. I run the Grim Race metal prop upgrade. Don't know if i will bother to re-do it or not, i have the Spartan which is so much better in big lake water, plus i have a Cat build in the plans too. Just wondering what may have gone wrong with the SV27, eventually i will probably get another motor for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Checkmateguy01 View Post
    I've only made a handfull of runs with my SV27 this season and it ran really good. But the other night i charged up the batt's, hooked 'em up set it in the water and got nothing!! Actually i could hear a buzz, the motor was trying to turn but wasn't happening. I checked the shaft, everthing was free there, i always grease it after ever 2 runs. Servo works fine too. Last time i ran it, i made sure water was spitting out the outlet, but the motor was still quite hot when it came in. Is this a common problem with the Aquacraft motor? Mine is stone stock, had it 3 or 4 years now. I run the Grim Race metal prop upgrade. Don't know if i will bother to re-do it or not, i have the Spartan which is so much better in big lake water, plus i have a Cat build in the plans too. Just wondering what may have gone wrong with the SV27, eventually i will probably get another motor for it.
    have you ever sprayed it out with corrosion x or even wd40? could have got some rust in there or something. Hobbico will prob warranty it for you. They have good customer service.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet
    "It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves"

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel6401 View Post
    have you ever sprayed it out with corrosion x or even wd40? could have got some rust in there or something. Hobbico will prob warranty it for you. They have good customer service.
    Even after he's had it for 3 or 4 years?

No they won't warranty it. Actually, 3-4 years is pretty good for a moderately cheap Chinese motor, they do eventually wear out. Does the motor spin over by hand without being connected to the ESC? Could be as simple as bum bearings, but probably not. Have you changed the transmitter settings since the last time you ran it?

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Quote Originally Posted by Fluid View Post
    No they won't warranty it. Actually, 3-4 years is pretty good for a moderately cheap Chinese motor, they do eventually wear out. Does the motor spin over by hand without being connected to the ESC? Could be as simple as bum bearings, but probably not. Have you changed the transmitter settings since the last time you ran it?

The motor will turn over buy hand but it is really tight. I did get it to turn over with the batteries but it struggled to do it and was very slow, and i noticed it went in reverse once too. No the transmitter settings have not been changed. Maybe the ESC fried instead?