Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MG Tiqueman Edition

Thumbs up MG Tiqueman Edition

I took all of the stock internals out of my MG and shipped it off to Scott (Tiqueman) for some upgrades and paint. The boat is not fully complete but here is a preview. Needless to say I am very happy with the results thus far. Thanks Scott!!

P1011817.jpgP1011818.jpgP1011823.jpg

You're welcome Pete. I've enjoyed building this one. I did a few touch ups on it today. Also I found in my parts boxs another pb water outlet so I don't have to purchase another. I'm very pleased with the way it came together. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to rebuild it.

Good news about the water outlet. It is so cool seeing the boat come together. Your unique skills and efforts are much appreciated.

the paint is cool...got to love a geigo that isnt green lol
    MY RETIREMENT PLAN?????.....POWERBALL
    74 vintage kirby clasic hydro, pursuit mono, mg, 47'' mono, popeye hydro...

Looks really sharp!

That thing look crazy sick! Awesome looking inside and out

The water pickups remind me of mine.

I couldn't be happier with the results. Scott is the Shelby of FE RC boats!!
    Last edited by Piranha22; 09-22-2011 at 10:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JackBlack26 View Post
    That thing look crazy sick! Awesome looking inside and out

The water pickups remind me of mine.
    Yup same concept. Rafael, did you ever find a nose piece? I think I have one?????

Wow! That's a really nice job Scott! Guess you learn a thing or two in 20yrs of building. Hope I get that good after 20yrs of this.
    Land, Sea & Air, A true RC Addict.

Quote Originally Posted by Piranha22 View Post
    I couldn't be happier with the results. Scott is the Shelby of FE RC boats!!
    Thanks Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by JPriami View Post
    Wow! That's a really nice job Scott! Guess you learn a thing or two in 20yrs of building. Hope I get that good after 20yrs of this.
    Couple things.. Smoke and mirrors man, smoke and mirrors

- Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet
    "It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves"

That really is a good paint scheme Scott.I like that alot.Can't wait to see this one rippin'.

Pete and I spoke for quite a while one night discussing paint. He had the colors in mind, just tryin to figure out what to do with them. The scheme is actually the segad boat, which is blue yellow and white. Pete sent me a pic of it and said "what if...." and the creation began. It was quite a fun one to do.

That looks familiar! Inside looks really nice. Good job Scott, and Pete, congrats on one heck of an MG based FE build. You picked a very talented individual to build that one for ya.
    Catching Air!

Great looking Boat. Scott is a master...
    Government Moto:
    "Why fix it? Blame someone else for breaking it."

''what the'' thats totally FAT dude excilent job Scott,, Pirranha your a lucky dog,, enjoy the work of a pro !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by johnf View Post
    That looks familiar! Inside looks really nice. Good job Scott, and Pete, congrats on one heck of an MG based FE build. You picked a very talented individual to build that one for ya.
    Thanks John! I agree, Scott has mad skills. It was really cool talking with Scott about FE boats. His excitement for this hobby is contagious.

Quote Originally Posted by HYDROJERRY View Post
    ''what the'' thats totally FAT dude excilent job Scott,, Pirranha your a lucky dog,, enjoy the work of a pro !!!!
    I agree Hydrojerry, I'm very lucky. I will enjoy the boat for sure. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by domwilson View Post
    Great looking Boat. Scott is a master...
    I agree, thanks!

Thanks for the compliments guys. I just know what I know and still have a lot to learn. Im sure Dom can remember when I was a FE newb, drillin him w/ questions left and right. Im suprised he still talks to me. Ive always built plastic models, wood kits etc and just love to build. Dont really care what it is, I just like to work on things. I think I even said this to Pete, Other people builds I do always turn out better than mine for some reason. And with Pete its been easy because hes had a vision since day one. All I had to do was follow his direction and ideas and give him some suggestions along the way.

Ive got the window frame cut out and Im going to try it silver first. As Pete and I discussed, it originally was going to get a CF frame, but I dont think it will pop enough. Im going to try one on it anyway. Also have to do a little modification to the motor mount to push the support ring back so it clears where the wires exit on the 1518. Hope to have some updated pics tomorrow afternoon.

Excellent! Bravo!
    They call me DOUBLE D

Scott, did you make those battery trays or find them somewhere?
    Catching Air!

Oh, cool. They look nice.
    Catching Air!

Quote Originally Posted by tiqueman View Post
    Yup same concept. Rafael, did you ever find a nose piece? I think I have one?????
    Nope Never did. I've been thinking I might just get a Speedmaster strut, but I really like the anodized look of the stock unit.

Quote Originally Posted by JackBlack26 View Post
    Nope Never did. I've been thinking I might just get a Speedmaster strut, but I really like the anodized look of the stock unit.

Pm me your address. I've got one. Ill get it out monday

Did you reinforce the noise? The first time I stuffed mine really good it split the nose in half. I think many of us have had this happen. I wound up wrapping it in more carbon fiber and then re painted. Came out okay and is tuff as nails now.
    IMG-20110926-00305.jpg
    Would hate to see you have to redo that nice paint job due to hull damage. .........And trust me, if that boat go's as fast as it looks it's just a matter of time. You will crash it.

Quote Originally Posted by tiqueman View Post
    Pm me your address. I've got one. Ill get it out monday
    Scott, I love ya man!! I sent you a PM so you can send me your paypal address. I'll send you some cash for shipping.

Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by Blockhart View Post
    Did you reinforce the noise? The first time I stuffed mine really good it split the nose in half. I think many of us have had this happen. I wound up wrapping it in more carbon fiber and then re painted. Came out okay and is tuff as nails now.
    IMG-20110926-00305.jpg
    Would hate to see you have to redo that nice paint job due to hull damage. .........And trust me, if that boat go's as fast as it looks it's just a matter of time. You will crash it.
    Hi Blockhart,
    I never asked Scott to reinforce the nose. I was planning on adding some pool noodles to the front to keep it from sinking if I crashed it. Thanks for the suggestion.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast