Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: new improved spartan

my reciever on one of my spartan keeps doing that i dont know why it never got wet or nothing

Supposedly the hull was changed or modified was due to the hull coming apart or un gluing and the hull is 1.5 inches deeper..... Which you kno increases stability and chine walking.....
    Scott Spartan#1: castle hydra ice 240 castle 2200 Prather 220 turnigy 5.0 45c lipos with max amps water pump... Spartan#2: leopard 1800, octura 440 ,traxxas 8400 mah 25c lipos.....updated deeper hull....

Yeah but they still come apart I split one today at 56.4 mph it split just as easily as my first one

Really? Wow that's interesting! Can't wait to hear what traxxas says to you about that.... Keep us posted! Lol
    Scott Spartan#1: castle hydra ice 240 castle 2200 Prather 220 turnigy 5.0 45c lipos with max amps water pump... Spartan#2: leopard 1800, octura 440 ,traxxas 8400 mah 25c lipos.....updated deeper hull....

I will I am calling them tomorrow

Sounds good !

I predict
    "Send it in and we will fix it"

Hay bud's I haven't got my hull yet ,tomorrow I pray,but is there something that you could use to fix the hull from splitin,

I had both of my Spartans split in the same spot on the left side in line with battery tray. I now lined the seam on the whole inside of the hull with devcon plastic weld it works great I think this will solve the splitting problem the glue seems to be stronger than the factory glue.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisg81983 View Post
    I had both of my Spartans split in the same spot on the left side in line with battery tray. I now lined the seam on the whole inside of the hull with devcon plastic weld it works great I think this will solve the splitting problem the glue seems to be stronger than the factory glue.
    Hay bud cheak out my thread, this other guy hooked me up with some info on C/F

That is some good info I read it a while back thanks for the imput though. The spartan hull would be a pain in the a** to lay c/f in that is why I went with plastic weld

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisg81983 View Post
    That is some good info I read it a while back thanks for the imput though. The spartan hull would be a pain in the a** to lay c/f in that is why I went with plastic weld
    Gatcha chris ,hay do ya have a pic or two to show me the in side of the hull fixed with plastic weld ,That would be so cool if ya did

The friend at the lake got it going and it is screaming again. The reciever got wet in the water proof box ???? Called traxxas and they sent a new one no questions asked. Great customer service! I am trying to go to the pond behind your work on friday.Call me if your in. Today I tried the Grimracer prop for my sv on the spartan and It looks like its going alot faster. Lost some hole shot but appears alot faster

I had the same issue with esc getting wet in through the box so it put a tiny bit of silicone around seal it has never happened again plus the silicone water jacket leaked a lot so I changed it no problem ever since

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12