Thread: castle 240a

Default castle 240a

i have a castle 240a esc and when i run it for 5 min the Capacitor's get really hot, i was wondering if i could add some Capacitor or put bigger ones on to help the heat go away

We need to know your set up before we recommend a fix. Hull, motor, prop, batteries (including C rating)?

pro boat miss geico castle 3908 motor octura x645 prop, max amps 6500mah 150c 3's (i also got some venom 5000mah 40c i run too)

Maybe this should be moved out of the pictures section.....
    May get more responses.

Five minutes is a long time to run what is essentially a racing setup. It is no wonder the ESC is getting hot, how hot are the motor and packs? You will need to either reduce the run time or run a smaller prop like an x642 or x442 - or find out how a burnt ESC smells.

/
    ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

That is a lot of prop for what I think you are saying is a 3s setup.
    You are probably drawing huge current and you batteries cannot provide the power needed.
    This causes high ripple current that causes a lot of heat buildup in the capacitors.
    Try a 2p setup for more capacity, should drop ripple current and provide much better power and current drawn on each cell.
    Also try a smaller prop. My brother has the same boat, different motor on 4s and thing get HOT on a 645 prop. It runs great on a 445 prop.

Might be able to attach a capacitor bank to help spread the loat out a little.

i already know how a burnt esc smells had a fire a cupel months back, but i think i will try a smaller prop

i already know how a burnt esc smells had a fire a cupel months back, but i think i will try a smaller prop and make capacitor bank