Thread: spektrum dx2.0

Default spektrum dx2.0

hey folks... waiting for my dx2.0 to arrive, very stoked since the AM jobbie in the sV27 is crapola... i ll be using the SR3000 receiver and i m wondering about the antenna... since i had to lay some glass on the transom i ve covered the antenna hole i drilled when i originally shifter the antenna (from the cowl)... no biggie, it s an easy re-tap but i was wondering if i could possibly lose the external antenna altogether...

would it be possible to route the receiver wire inside the hull and get good radio function ?? i have no problems using an external antenna but if possible i d prefer the cleaner look of no antenna... i ve heard and read that the 2.4 stuff is the ducks nuts... i m hoping the stuff is great whichever way i set up the antenna... thanks for any suggestions or advice...

if anyone is looking for a new radio then check out the spektrum '2.4 dsm giveaway'... get a free receiver when you buy one (same model)... must be purchased with a radio as well... good time to upgrade if ya running AM jank as i have been...

Many do run theirs inside. However both Spektrum/JR and Futaba STRONGLY recommend NOT doing so.

I use the Futaba FASST 2.4 and have all my antennas outside and have not had a single issue. It's a short little stub, so run it outside and don't worry about it.
    Don't get me started

No issues with my spektrum I use one of these
    http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...9&I=LX9162&P=K
    cut just long enough for the antenna wire. I put the reciever just below the hole and feed it up into the tube.

Jim
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham

would it be possible to route the receiver wire inside the hull and get good radio function ??
    I have been running them inside for over a year with 0 problems. Range is still excellent. That being said do it @ your own risk.

Quote Originally Posted by SJFE View Post
    I have been running them inside for over a year with 0 problems. Range is still excellent. That being said do it @ your own risk.

no money back guarantee from you eh sj when she hits the bank at WOT

LOL something like that. That will never happen. When the system encounters signal loss it goes into fail safe and shuts down. I did a range test one day and drove it out of range. It stopped untill I got close enough to pick it up again. If I had to guess Id say it was somewhere between 700 & 900 feet away.

Heck, I cant even see that far on water! Thats pretty good range. I usually only drive a small oval with enough time to get the motor wound up. I should wear my glasses but, you prolly can imagine how I look with glasses! And for the info I use a futaba pcm,ppm fm system. 6channel with 10 model memory. tis nice cause i can use it for my helis with the 6channel receivers and they make a 3 channel rx I buy for the boats. I as well have been running with no exposed antenna for a while now with no probs. but again, I cant see too far anyways.

Well, like I said, not one single manufacturer of 2.4 radios says it is OK to run the antenna inside. But then, what do they know?? But I tend to blindly follow their advice on this just on the off chance they know more about their radios than I do.

YMMV
    Don't get me started

Quote Originally Posted by Bill-SOCAL View Post
    Well, like I said, not one single manufacturer of 2.4 radios says it is OK to run the antenna inside. But then, what do they know?? But I tend to blindly follow their advice on this just on the off chance they know more about their radios than I do.

YMMV
    sarcasm, sarcasm...however you ARE correct. There can be alot of radio and electrical noise inside the machines that could blur signals. A chance some take. MY BIGGEST concern is that antenna may come loose from where I tape it and get tangled in drive line. THAT there would bite. I am now looking into mounting antenna's on transom but, there again. another hole to drill and perhaps another leak to occur.