Thread: motely crew 68.4 mph

Default motely crew 68.4 mph

well finally got around to running my mc with castle/spartan system and all i can say is wow. castle/spartan system, octura x645(2 min runs), 6s(turnigy 11.1v 40-50c). strut set flush with sponsons and neutral. got 68.4 mph on gps and many runs between 63-68 mph. boat is crazy fast and i believe it has more speed in it just have to do more adjusting. it is really stable at these speeds. i will try to post a video on here in the next couple of days. really happy with the boat now that it is a rocket. dont know it it can handle any bad flips though.

forgot to put that motor, esc temps were around 130

Impressive!
    Mine is back on spec power after I stoved in the canopy in a sort of high speed blow over, went up and over flat on its back, popped the braces off the bottom, when it shoved down it popped the tape loose but not off all the way around so it didn't fill up that much.
    I'm planning on a layer or carbon fiber in the canopy, I've already ditched the stock motor mount, added rails and a couple of cross braces across the bottom, beefed up the stuffing tube exit inside the tube after my stuffing tube came loose.
    Installed a SV rudder with a water pickup so I have dual pickups, installed a couple of water outlets in the port side of the hull.
    If you haven't already fill and flat sand the sponson bottoms, there is quite the valley that runs up the center of both, the sponson bottoms are very uneven, in some spots you can sand through the gelcoat and not be touching paint in the middle! This made a massive difference!
    LOL the only original parts of mine now are the hull,strut and servo! Currently playing around with a Proboat motor and esc in it, next I'd like to try a UL-1 motor.
    I really want to see how fast I can make this thing run a course with a 4s spec setup in race trim.
    If my boats upside down then who owns the one I thought I was driving the last two laps?

yeah broke hatch braces off in bad flip also. i just re epoxyed the braces back on but much better than stock. it actually hit so hard it poped the gelcoat and paint off in a couple spots on the hatch. i havent blueprinted the hull yet but i am planning on doing so. goal is to get over the 70mph mark. we will see. off to the lake today to get a good video.

can't wait to see the video

well too windy at lake today. ran a little, but all videos had to be stopped so i could go get an upside down boat. last run hit 61.3 mph but then bad flip and completely crushed in canopy wich removed alot of gelcoat. i guess i will try again tomorrow.

well went to lake mid morning and did a little run.(supposed to be at work) it was a little windy but got a run in at 66.2 mph and also crash. the hull really cant handle crashes at this speed because it is starting to crack and come apart. oh well its all in fun and i will get it over 70mph soon. heres a link to the video on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCEy8MG8YLs

That thing hauls....I will be happy with low to mid 50's with mine
    VS1 FE - UL-1 - Motley Crew - Miss Geico - Kintec Prince - Rio 51z - 1/16 Summit - 1/10 Summit - Ken Block Rally - Kyle Busch Truck - Losi Mini SCT - BL E-MAXX - Assoc FT SC10 - Wild Willy - Clodbuster - Sand Scorcher......

yeah your set up is nice and should do what you want. i wont be happy till i hit 70 mph lol

Looks great..................very stable except the flip obviously
    NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=

what garmin GPS are you using. I ve been looking for something to fit in front of the motor like that.

garmin forerunner.

i would have been ok if i wouldnt have hit my wake from previous pass. when i fix the hull in a week or so ill get up another video.

thanks, I will check out the garmins.

Nice retrieval system!
    I'm married with children, you can't scare me!

boat is stupid fast brother. very nice!

yeah thanks. gonna post it in for sale section. dont have the time anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepme View Post
    what garmin GPS are you using. I ve been looking for something to fit in front of the motor like that.
    the Garmin Edge 200 is small and $150 new

Bruce how many amps is the castle esc rated at ? i have the first Spartan system new motor though never used also is your spartan motor two pole or 4 pole ? tia