Thread: Battery Eliminator Circuit

Default Battery Eliminator Circuit

Is it possible to fry the BEC in the speed control and then fry your receiver. I put the turnigy 120A in my spartan ran a few packs of 4s through it and then hooked up 6s and I saw smoke come from the receiver and now it doesnt work. Had another 2.4 link put it in hooked up 6s didnt see smoke but the receiver got hot and didn't work. Will remove the red wire on speed control next try. But is it possible to burn out the BEC in the speed control and then it allows too many volts to the receiver and burns it out?

Quote Originally Posted by ksaucerman View Post
    Is it possible to fry the BEC in the speed control and then fry your receiver. I put the turnigy 120A in my spartan ran a few packs of 4s through it and then hooked up 6s and I saw smoke come from the receiver and now it doesnt work. Had another 2.4 link put it in hooked up 6s didnt see smoke but the receiver got hot and didn't work. Will remove the red wire on speed control next try. But is it possible to burn out the BEC in the speed control and then it allows too many volts to the receiver and burns it out?
    Yup that's possible. Bec's on those (and most esc's, there are expections though), should be dis-abled above 4s. Higher then 4s tends to lead to more failures (like you experienced) to to bec's and/or the whole esc. I've had a Turnigy Aquastar 120 (Hifei swordfish), blow my reciever on 4s when the esc got a little wet.

* I'm also not a fan of running esc's to max voltage either. Standard LV esc range is 2s-6s, I won't run those above 5s. Anything above 5s I end up with a HV esc... Just my way life!
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet
    "It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves"

Thanks I thought thats what happened. Now that I've ruined 2 receivers I can't even test the speed control to see if there is more wrong with it than just a blown BEC. Is it possible to only blow the BEC and have the speed control still function?

Quote Originally Posted by ksaucerman View Post
    Thanks I thought thats what happened. Now that I've ruined 2 receivers I can't even test the speed control to see if there is more wrong with it than just a blown BEC. Is it possible to only blow the BEC and have the speed control still function?
    It's possible to have the bec blown, but esc still still function. Just troubleshot it, pull the red bec wire on the esc, add a rx pack and see if the esc arms and programs.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet
    "It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves"

Thanks