Thread: Stock Spartan 5s in parallel help

Default Stock Spartan 5s in parallel help

Just joined the Spartan team, trying to avoid burning up my new boat. I'm thinking 5s in parallel for decent speed and long runtimes.
    My question is will the esc Adjust the lipo cutoff for 5s packs in parallel? I called traxxas support, spoke with "Jason"? But all he would say was he "thinks it will if he remembers right".
    Is there a way to wire parallel packs without cutting the connector off the ecs?

If your ESC has a low voltage cut-off it it will work fine as long as both parallel packs are equally charged & cells are well balanced. The ESC only sees one battery pack no mater how many packs are wired in parallel. But DO put a bypass resistor in one of the ESCs battery leads to avoid arch & sparking when connecting the batterys to the ESC. FOR ANY ELEC QUESTIONS GO TO: Tjinguytech.com Awsome amount of info there. JIM

im fairly sure that you dont need to do a resistor for 5 S packs, theres a few ESCs that actually say not to use them

Great, thanks guys. Ill buy some lipos (thinking turnigy 5.0's 25c) and a charger (b6) along with some new conectors to rewire for parallel.